Hours
Minutes
Seconds

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Re: Paddy Lowe FW41
SydneyF1Fan (IP Logged)
23 January, 2018 01:43
I thought the FIA was committed to bringing the halo (or some alternative) in this season, so the designers really should have factored this in from the start.

Given that the alternatives were discarded fairly promptly after testing, the halo looked like the most likely option and the specs for it were well known over a year ago.

If anything, if they had decided to postpone the halo or select an alternative, it probably would have been more destabilising.

http://i807.photobucket.com/albums/yy358/SydneyF1Fan/SydneyF1FanSignatureWinner-v3.gif

Mikef1 (IP Logged)
23 January, 2018 20:54
It wasn't announced until late enough to throw a huge spanner in the works.

It's a bigger job than just the aero. It's been a pretty big story all seaosn about how much of a ballache it's causing.

I'm fairly confident the final specs of the halo came out only after Silverstone, and prior to that teams had expected it for 2019

K1 (IP Logged)
24 January, 2018 02:12
I recently watched a clip showing the halo in place during a live race simulation and i must say that i do expect that some drivers will react against it if they experience what i did. I found it disconcerting and it effected my perspective and sense of balance! Maybe it was just me but it was uncomfortable to say the least.

Polemik (IP Logged)
26 January, 2018 08:48
not very good news for us guys (Sm45) :

FW41 has not passed all crash-tests yet ... Williams is now in cosiderable time delay sad smiley

[translate.google.sk]

[it.motorsport.com]

jonnybario (IP Logged)
26 January, 2018 16:03
Oh bum.

Albi-Quin (IP Logged)
26 January, 2018 17:41
I heard that they were going to be in Barcelona, also there wasn’t any delays.

AlanJones (IP Logged)
27 January, 2018 00:21
Crash tests are only limited to the safety cell. The monocoque so to speak. Although this is an integral part of the car, it isn't that much of a deal to alter it. The rest of the car is where the big work is at like aero. So hold your horses, we won't be in any delay.

http://oi60.tinypic.com/24eyh6f.jpg

phatjack (IP Logged)
27 January, 2018 00:36
AJ, 50 attempts for RBR to get their nose passed suggests otherwise.

Nice to see you posting again.

AlanJones (IP Logged)
27 January, 2018 10:54
Well, in two weeks we launch our car.. so I would be a fool not to be here in time, would I?

The nosecone test is, as far as I know, done with the monocoque itself and the nose attached to it.
But let's just wait and see before writing us off beforehand.

http://oi60.tinypic.com/24eyh6f.jpg

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net