Hours
Minutes
Seconds

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 2 of 5

Re: Williams 2018 not looking good
Ozzy Osbone (IP Logged)
13 December, 2017 08:57
Sirotkin was good in GP2 . Fast and aggressive. I reckon we could do a lot worse.

What we really need is a fast car......

GiorgioF1 (IP Logged)
13 December, 2017 09:19
Not so long ago we've also had a fast and aggressive driver from Venezuela with big cash behind him who at least won a GP2 title in 2010. We got a win but i dont think he showed anything special otherwise. Got a lot of memes going for him tho.
We need drivers like Rosberg and Hulkenberg, with awesome junior career. If the car is not awesome, they need to push it all the time.

Let's hope Sirotkin is at least as fast as Massa and can set the car up for Stroll.

Somehow I doubt that Paddy is that optimistic, tho. Team spirit is also important.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 13/12/2017 09:40 by GiorgioF1.

Carinni (IP Logged)
13 December, 2017 09:43
Quote:
GiorgioF1
Not so long ago we've also had a fast and aggressive driver from Venezuela with big cash behind him who at least won a GP2 title in 2010. We got a win but i dont think he showed anything special otherwise. Got a lot of memes going for him tho.
Let's hope Sirotkin is at least as fast as Massa and can set the car up for Stroll.

Somehow I doubt that Paddy is that optimistic, tho. Team spirit is also important.

If u take massa’s performance of 2017, not likely Sirotkin can match. I believe massa had extracted the most from the car this year, even Hamilton or Alonso can only be about the same. I think if Sirotkin can be 0.5s faster than stroll, he is doing a decent job already.
I know many don’t believe this, but just let’s see. Actually the Abu Dhabi test showed it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 13/12/2017 09:45 by Carinni.

GiorgioF1 (IP Logged)
13 December, 2017 09:49
Yeah I agree. Massa got alot of flack but he destroyed Stroll in qualy and his last races were very good. Maybe Stroll will get his act together (he is good in the wet and was impressive in baku) and it might suprise Sirotkin, cause he is, in the eyes of people, considered as a Massa replacement.

Carinni (IP Logged)
13 December, 2017 09:53
Agreed Stroll is impressive in wet but not very good in Baku, just ok I think. The car was still relatively competitive at that moment, but he couldn’t have kept the second place. If massa didn’t meet suspension issue, he certainly had won that race with a good margin. Won’t let ric pass

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 13/12/2017 09:55 by Carinni.

Polemik (IP Logged)
13 December, 2017 10:21
I would take 2 drivers to us - Sirotkin and Wehrlein, or Kwyat and Wehrlein - and I would change them in the cockpit. It would be a so-called "shared cockpit" smiling smiley
As in the 1994 season, after the death of Senna, 2 drivers (Coulthard and Mansell) shared his cockpit.

And it was not harmful at all, Williams won in the design championship in the end.

It would be a "bet for sure" - better bet on 2 drivers than on just 1 (Sm14)

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 13/12/2017 10:23 by Polemik.

Carinni (IP Logged)
13 December, 2017 10:24
Quote:
Polemik
I would take 2 drivers to us - Sirotkin and Wehrlein, or Kwyat and Wehrlein - and I would change them in the cockpit. It would be a so-called "shared cockpit" smiling smiley As in the 1994 season, after the death of Senna, 2 drivers (Coulthard and Mansell) shared his cockpit.

And it was not harmful at all, Williams won in the design championship in the end.

It would be a bet for sure - better bet on 2 drivers than on just 1 (Sm14)

😂yes. But then Russia side won’t give u$15m, without this money, can Williams build a winning chassis? Or still target best of the rest? We do not come here for second! Originally!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 13/12/2017 10:58 by Carinni.

GiorgioF1 (IP Logged)
13 December, 2017 10:27
If we could get 2 drivers of the calibre of Coulthard and Mansell in our team, and we would have someone like Hill in the first one, they could share it pit stop after pit stop for all I care grinning smiley

Gunk (IP Logged)
13 December, 2017 10:44
Brilliant news. We will be a Lada works team in 2020.

Marco Cardoso (IP Logged)
13 December, 2017 12:00
Stroll and Sirotkin could share a cockpit.

What a joke

https://goo.gl/images/VESYsm

Carinni (IP Logged)
13 December, 2017 12:59
I think Paddy is on the right path. His ambition is not limited to best of the rest. Imagine what u will get if u have Hamilton behind the wheel of fw40? 4th in the constructor, right? So what’s the point to get a top driver paying him $60m salary?
Getting extra money from Sirotkin, I think Paddy is confident that he may build a winning chassis, at least more confident. Top drivers are chasing for winning chassis. Once u have a winning chassis, u need not worry about top driver, ric will knock your door, Alonso will, Hamilton will.
So if signed Sirotkin, I become more optimistic. At least much more optimistic than getting Alonso. What Paddy needs now is money n a driver being able to give good feedback to help develop the FW41.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 13/12/2017 13:02 by Carinni.

GiorgioF1 (IP Logged)
13 December, 2017 13:44
You will need also and independent engine manufacturer to win constantly and lure drivers of that calibre and with current Mercedes PU and Mercedes as a team there is no chance in hell of that.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 13/12/2017 13:45 by GiorgioF1.

Gwanni (IP Logged)
13 December, 2017 16:48

GiorgioF1 (IP Logged)
13 December, 2017 20:39
[twitter.com]

"Not that any confirmation is needed, and I don't even know the boiling hot sources from @dmotorsport, but the info about Kubica-Williams deal is correct. And the only reason Kubica travelled to Abu Dhabi was because it was signed."

"The russians' influence to have a driver in F1 - because of Kvyat's demise - was strong. The amount of money is big, more than double of what Kubica would bring. Then Williams wanted to offer a whimsy salary to Kubica."

"Because of that, Williams took two weeks to make the decision: break the contract and receive the russian money. And although Kubica's father joined the fray, the deal is already set in favour of Sirotkin."

The legendary Williams F1 Racing Team, ladies and gentelmen. Replace Sirotkin with ie. Palmer and it would be the same outcome.

Francesc (IP Logged)
13 December, 2017 21:15
This is really bad manners from Williams, I hate it honestly.

With the introduction of the hideous halo I lost a lot of interest about next season. Now after this I almost don't really care about F1 anymore.

13 December, 2017 22:10
Quote:
Francesc
This is really bad manners from Williams, I hate it honestly.
With the introduction of the hideous halo I lost a lot of interest about next season. Now after this I almost don't really care about F1 anymore.

Join the club Francesc. That's the general feeling from motor racing and F1 fans in particular around the web. Williams his selling a seat to the higgest bidder.
What a joke!

2018 will be a bad year for Williams fans

Anderis (IP Logged)
13 December, 2017 22:20
Quote:
Marco Cardoso
2018 will be a bad year for Williams fans
People were saying the same things about Williams in 2012.

And yes, in terms of WCC, 2012 could have done more. But it was still at least 2nd most exciting season for Williams fans in the last decade (behind 2014) for all the good or wrong reasons. And a massive step forward compared to the 2011.

Been there, done that. Some people might feel bad but it's not like something unprecedented is happening and the last time it happened it wasn't as bad as people thought. Before 2012, there were more people believing that Williams would have ended up behind Caterham in WCC than won a race that season.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 13/12/2017 22:21 by Anderis.

13 December, 2017 22:58
Hahah Anderis you really think that with Stroll or Sirotkin you will win a race as in 2012.

Maldonado was better then this two togheter.

Like i'm or not he was the last Montoyish driver Williams had, and has Montoya what brought i'm down was the fact of beying over agressive. Pastor had speed.

adi05 (IP Logged)
13 December, 2017 23:16
If Williams will not disclaim those broken contract rumors it will be a huge disappointment. That's not the way a team should behave - not Williams. Poor Kubica and his fans

13 December, 2017 23:32
Russians were able to put a guy in the White House they are easely able to put a driver in F1.
Shame they had to choose Williams to do it.
One thing it's more pf a shame you don't break your word.

#Dissapointment

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 2 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net