Hours
Minutes
Seconds

Goto Page: Previous12345
Current Page: 5 of 5

Re: Williams 2018 not looking good
Marco Cardoso (IP Logged)
16 December, 2017 12:07
Mehryar Have you seen Sirotkin performances in GP2.
Silly mistake after silly mistake when in podium positions!

https://goo.gl/images/VESYsm

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 16/12/2017 12:22 by Marco Cardoso.

gpl (IP Logged)
16 December, 2017 12:22
If this Sergey is another pastor then we need to go with this new option
Put Robert in the seat first and keep Sergey as a back up.

Sounds like this Sergey has very poor racecraft and that is the last thing we need
right now with Stroll in the other car.

If Robert can get up to speed the points he may well bring home will make
up for the smaller sponsorship funding he brings with him

We have seen it all before quick on an empty track yes stick another
19 cars on the grid and they go to pieces under the pressure
Sergey sounds like one of these from what i read.

Come on Williams/Paddy do the right thing.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 16/12/2017 15:18 by gpl.

Mehryar (IP Logged)
16 December, 2017 16:25
Marco, honestly, I don't give a damn about this Sirotkin who! I am echoing what has leaked out of our Abu Dhabi test.he may have a terrible race craft but you wonder what the other option's situation is that pushes Sirotkin as the lead contender! Those guys who decide over this, unlike us, have their fortune at stakes and with the reality we are stuck with a slow driver, I wonder if they are going to choose another slow driver unless all the options are so $hit that they forget about 1 tenth and decide over sponsership backing of them.

http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/1095/mehryarsigyo7.gif

Dylan's Together Through Life Hits The Stores.

Marco Cardoso (IP Logged)
16 December, 2017 17:42
Quote:
Mehryar
Marco, honestly, I don't give a damn about this Sirotkin who! I am echoing what has leaked out of our Abu Dhabi test.he may have a terrible race craft but you wonder what the other option's situation is that pushes Sirotkin as the lead contender! Those guys who decide over this, unlike us, have their fortune at stakes and with the reality we are stuck with a slow driver, I wonder if they are going to choose another slow driver unless all the options are so $hit that they forget about 1 tenth and decide over sponsership backing of them.

Has we discussed many times before I don't care if Williams don't chose Kubica if that's their conclusion from the tests about his current speed , but , has discussed before if Kubica isn't a good choise you still have drivers that can give Williams garanties of points in the WCC, Kvyat and Wherlien they are both still available.

But please don't hype a guy out of nowhere (Sirotkin) that as a racing carrer and people who follow the sport know is not much of a driver, to excuse that if Williams sign him is because of the money he brings nothing more.

I don't like Kvyat but next to this guy he is much better.
And the same applies to Wherlien.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If Williams didn't plan to anounce Sirotkin yesterday why did they issued out a press release delaying an anouncement to January, no official press release was made by Williams saying they were going to anounce the driver yesterday, and this shows two things.

1. They were planning to announce him (Sirotkin) and something happened (Pressures from Kubica side / money not arriving from Russia / Williams suddenly saw them all over the news about this Russian companies and the bad PR it brings or even pressures from Martini itself cause of the bad PR this seat novel is bringging to Williams) who knows!

2. And that's the one that really bothers me Sirotkin! F$€£! Don't leave the team stuck with two crappy drivers FFS.

Cheers

https://goo.gl/images/VESYsm

Gunk (IP Logged)
17 December, 2017 09:18
Quote:
Mehryar
Gunk, same question to you.
none of these guys are good enough for a race seat without financial backing

You're quite correct of course, Mehryar.

And everyone has a choice and no one has to give Williams silly money.

I guess I'm just disappointed. We had almost a normal team with Pat. And after an agonising year with Stroll, I'm rather apprehensive about another rookie horror show. Personally I would have taken Wehrlein, at least he's competent.

There's the money of course, but what real difference did Maldo's millions make? I think it just covers up the shortcomings of Williams business model. The team still lurches from one crisis to the next.

Maybe Paddy will make a difference but I've seen no tangible evidence of this so far.

andy si (IP Logged)
17 December, 2017 16:18
Team Williams has every opportunity to do the best they and their engineers can.
The only factors are ideas and finances. And a captain to steer the ship on the right course. That being the decisive factor. Someone who understands and steers technological implementation into the race car.

I think Williams had continuous opportunities through the years to produce a fast car.
It's what you do with what you got! Mainly ideas and how you put the pieces of the puzzle together.

Paddy is now the guy with the scissors in his hands.
We get to see what he can do at Williams.

Vancha (IP Logged)
17 December, 2017 20:28
There was no official announcement that the decision would be in January. btw. Paddy liked a tweet by Oleg Karpov, mentioning that Russian Christmas is on January 7th.

Carinni (IP Logged)
27 December, 2017 01:58
As I said 2017 spec suits massa very much, more specific or more important is the tire era issue. The fragile Pirelli era let drivers like vettel, Alonso, Perez very outstanding as they can adapt to these narrow working window fragile tire very much. Others like micheal Schumacher, massa failed to adapt. Massa n Schumacher were very successful in Bridgestone era, once rule had changed to fragile Pirelli,they can’t give consistent race pace. Massa had been faster than Alonso in first tire stint in many cases, but tire degradation offset all the advantage n made him drop the positions usually after pit stop. So both he n Schumacher lost to the tire adaption race. 2017 tire let him deliver again. But it is too late for him. Anyway, adaption ability is one of the essential talents in modern f1. Can’t blame anyone.

Gunk (IP Logged)
27 December, 2017 16:48

Wolff urges Williams to be bold in driver choice

Quote:
"If I were Williams today I would be bold and would put a George Russell or a Lando Norris in the car or Leclerc… one of these really bright talented kids who have won championships in the past to develop the next superstar," the Austrian told BBC Sport."

I did wonder about Giovinazzi, who is still on the sidelines. But he's from the wrong camp engine wise.

Interesting, I thought Toto might have made a mention of Wehrlein but I guess Mercedes don't rate him that highly.

phatjack (IP Logged)
27 December, 2017 18:13
Williams not announcing is a good thing ... across all boards I visit, Williams is front and centre otherwise forumers would be playing name that tune at this time last year.

CLOVERLEAF 888 (IP Logged)
27 December, 2017 22:18
[quote Gunk]

Wolff urges Williams to be bold in driver choice

[quote]
"If I were Williams today I would be bold and would put a George Russell or a Lando Norris in the car or Leclerc… one of these really bright talented kids who have won championships in the past to develop the next superstar," the Austrian told BBC Sport."[/quote]

yeah Toto.. In that case why dont you have them in a Mercedes?????

Stinks of Toto wanting Williams to take a chance on a driver and if hes any good Mercedes can take him off us.

Goto Page: Previous12345
Current Page: 5 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net