Hours
Minutes
Seconds

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 3 of 5

Re: Sirotkin anounced!
Mehryar (IP Logged)
17 January, 2018 19:39
Gunk for sure he was impressed with Sergey otherwise someone else was race driver.he is not only our TD, but a shareholder as well.
This impression can be as a package of his pure pace + tenths his extra money can bring into the car.

But clearly, as you mentioned, he pointed out to Stroll's performance, specially in last couple of races.then we hear Mr.Strolls payments (though still no one knows how much he is bringing in) is going to decrease this year.So the headache should be Stroll as the other driver, not the one who beats other 2-3 options in a fair competition.

http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/1095/mehryarsigyo7.gif

Dylan's Together Through Life Hits The Stores.

K1 (IP Logged)
18 January, 2018 13:34
There is no doubt that Kubica has done well to get himself even considered for a drive but i still cannot see how he could actually race competitively with his physical limitations. It is one thing testing but full out flat chat racing is something else. According to Kravitz Kubica is basically driving with one hand. That's fine, up to a point but when it comes to altering settings via dials and switches/buttons i am rather perplexed. It's not that it can't be done but how practical is it? I'm sure that the Williams personnel have sussed it all out but i would like to know how it all happens!!!!

Ozzy Osbone (IP Logged)
18 January, 2018 13:46
Maybe he presses buttons with his nose?

williams4284 (IP Logged)
18 January, 2018 15:08
I guess if he cannot drive he would not have been given the development driver role with 8 practice sessions and testing to drive.

If he's useless they would not waste further time with him, I guess.

I d be more inclined to think that they are not sure of the lead drivers and put Kubica in place as backup.

I wish I am wrong.

GiorgioF1 (IP Logged)
18 January, 2018 16:59
"The father of the pilot Williams Oleg Sirotkin said that in 2018, his son Sergei has to help the team from grove to retain fifth place in the constructors ‘ championship."

“The problem lies in the fact that the team has retained the fifth position, because the situation is now complex: McLaren goes for the Renault engines and chassis they have always been one of the best that puts them on a par with Red Bull, – said the father of the racer Oleg Sirotkin in comments to the Agency TASS. – Renault for about two years preparing the car for this season, so they’ll go faster than last year.

So opponents will be Force India, Renault and McLaren”.

So apparently we are aiming to secure 5th place in the CC this year according to Sirotkin's father. If Stroll wont improve then Sirotkin would have to be much better in races than Massa was and we will need to score points right from the get go, because McLaren and the Renault will probably jump us this year.

gpl (IP Logged)
18 January, 2018 17:37
Lets see what the new car can do first.

worry about the drivers second plus we have Now got Robert as a good base back up.

Mehryar (IP Logged)
18 January, 2018 21:45
There's no reason our car won't be better than Renault & Mclaren.

-We have better engine.
-We have the best TD and one of the best heads of aero.
-Their budget, though it's bigger than us, it's not going to be like top3.Renault usually doesn't spend as much as other works teams.Mclaren will struggle for money too.there's no unlimited pool like Honda anymore.

On paper, we have every reason to come out with a better car.What this guy tells is more like an excuse for probably not great results our drivers bring.

Marco Cardoso (IP Logged)
18 January, 2018 22:17
Well even if they don't deliver and they probably won't will have an idea of the car potencial at spaces.

https://goo.gl/images/VESYsm

K1 (IP Logged)
19 January, 2018 01:08
@ Marco Cardoso...your comment makes absolutely no sense. In order to ascertain a realistc forecast relative to other teams one first has to be able to make accurate comparisons to and with the other competitors cars. That can't be done until we see the results of the first race and even then that is problematic! Even testing can be misleading. Sirotkin is ATM largely an unknown quantity vis a vis a full season of competition in an F1 car. To suggest that he 'probably won't deliver'is just plain silly. How could you possibly know?

19 January, 2018 09:30
Quote:
K1
@ Marco Cardoso...your comment makes absolutely no sense. In order to ascertain a realistc forecast relative to other teams one first has to be able to make accurate comparisons to and with the other competitors cars. That can't be done until we see the results of the first race and even then that is problematic! Even testing can be misleading. Sirotkin is ATM largely an unknown quantity vis a vis a full season of competition in an F1 car. To suggest that he 'probably won't deliver'is just plain silly. How could you possibly know?

He didn't start racing yesterday watch is GP2 races he does silly mistakes in races and it wasn't one or two times it's recurent in him.

But he has some amount of speed and what I believe is you'll see if the car is good but not much from Stroll side but mainly Sirotkin at ocasion, if he can capitalise on that I think rarely but I may be wrong hopefully.

K1 (IP Logged)
19 January, 2018 10:24
@ marco Cardoso are you saying that you saw him make some silly mistakes? What gives you the right to ascertain that? Do you think that Williams, the actual race team aren't aware of Sirotkins performances? another silly post.

GiorgioF1 (IP Logged)
19 January, 2018 10:33
From todays interview with Paddy, Sirotkin and SMP Racing: Stroll will probably give the free practices to Kubica, or atleast on those tracks, that Sirotkin isnt familliar with.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 19/01/2018 10:34 by GiorgioF1.

19 January, 2018 10:45
Quote:
K1
@ marco Cardoso are you saying that you saw him make some silly mistakes? What gives you the right to ascertain that? Do you think that Williams, the actual race team aren't aware of Sirotkins performances? another silly post.

@K1 I'm glad to read your opinion on my opinion, sure your posts are much more endulging and structured.

GiorgioF1 (IP Logged)
19 January, 2018 10:59
Paddy Lowe said that he remembers how Hamilton and Rosberg pushed eachother and they need two drivers, who will be like that on the track.

K1 (IP Logged)
19 January, 2018 13:04
I have just read a report in TASS where the head of SNP Bank has said that they have not paid Williams for the Sirotkin seat and that he got the drive based on his speed. He also confirmed that the contract is for one year. Make of that what you will.

speed (IP Logged)
19 January, 2018 14:00
So in a way, we have 2 Renault rejects! That is comforting & inspirational, right?

maximilian72 (IP Logged)
19 January, 2018 14:36
Suicide(Sm83)

Francesc (IP Logged)
19 January, 2018 17:33
On F1Racing they say that Kubica was only 3 tenths faster than Stroll in the Abu Dhabi test. Meanwhile Sirotkin was 2 tenths slower than Massa who at this gp was 1 second per lap faster than Stroll.

Anderis (IP Logged)
19 January, 2018 19:17
Quote:
Mehryar
Errors can be deleted by experience but I can not recall an example a driver gains speed if he failed to do so in his rookie season.
Vettel was outqualified by Liuzzi in STR in 2007 more often than not, especially on dry circuit.
Alguersuari had been something like 0.6-0.7 behind Buemi on average in Q in his first season and by the end of their last season they were more of less equal in that regard.

Drivers sometimes get speed with experience in F1, especially if they debut as very young drivers.

Mehryar (IP Logged)
19 January, 2018 21:44
Quote:
Anderis
Vettel was outqualified by Liuzzi in STR in 2007 more often than not, especially on dry circuit.
Alguersuari had been something like 0.6-0.7 behind Buemi on average in Q in his first season and by the end of their last season they were more of less equal in that regard.

Drivers sometimes get speed with experience in F1, especially if they debut as very young drivers.

1.I like this happen to Stroll as he is driving a Williams car.

2.To compare a driver who joins a team mid season is quite meaningless.As Max vs. Ric or Ocon case proved last year.

3.Why do you like to lie about stats only to make a point? Both examples were different to what you say.Vettel struggled in his first 2 qualifyings after joining STR mid season.in 7 sessions they had, Seb had 3, Liuzzi had 4 and the gaps shrinked as he gained experience.
Alguersuari started terribly in qulifying sessions and he finished with a 13-6 loss in his last season against Buemi which is a disasterous result specially when you see his team mate was a mediocre driver and not a world beater.

Atleast try to tell truth when pointing to very recent history.we are not new to this sport.

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 3 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net