Current Page: 4 of 5

Re: Sirotkin anounced!
Anderis (IP Logged)
19 January, 2018 22:03
Quote:
Mehryar
Quote:
Anderis
Vettel was outqualified by Liuzzi in STR in 2007 more often than not, especially on dry circuit.
Alguersuari had been something like 0.6-0.7 behind Buemi on average in Q in his first season and by the end of their last season they were more of less equal in that regard.

Drivers sometimes get speed with experience in F1, especially if they debut as very young drivers.

1.I like this happen to Stroll as he is driving a Williams car.

2.To compare a driver who joins a team mid season is quite meaningless.As Max vs. Ric or Ocon case proved last year.

3.Why do you like to lie about stats only to make a point? Both examples were different to what you say.Vettel struggled in his first 2 qualifyings after joining STR mid season.in 7 sessions they had, Seb had 3, Liuzzi had 4 and the gaps shrinked as he gained experience.
Alguersuari started terribly in qulifying sessions and he finished with a 13-6 loss in his last season against Buemi which is a disasterous result specially when you see his team mate was a mediocre driver and not a world beater.

Atleast try to tell truth when pointing to very recent history.we are not new to this sport.

It's ok to point out why you disagree with my post but to claim that I lie is just a childish way to express disagreement and I'm not going to engage in discussion with people accusing me of such things.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 19/01/2018 22:04 by Anderis.

Mehryar (IP Logged)
19 January, 2018 22:14
Lie is a lie, check the stats and you see the meaning of what you write is a "lie".anyway, goodluck.

http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/1095/mehryarsigyo7.gif

Dylan's Together Through Life Hits The Stores.

GiorgioF1 (IP Logged)
20 January, 2018 18:01
More and more rumors about Williams not having contract directly with Sirotkin but with SMP Bank instead. If these are true then one of our seats will be reserved strictly for the Russian drivers in the future as it is "a multiyear deal".

If Stroll will go elsewhere soon then SMP could potentially shove even more money offsetting the losses Stroll's departure would bring and we will have something like Sirotkin-Markelov or even Sirotkin-Kvyat and basically become a russian F1 team.

Edit: Mike O'Driscoll said that the team should acquire few more russian sponsors in the coming months.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 20/01/2018 18:20 by GiorgioF1.

AlanJones (IP Logged)
21 January, 2018 00:17
Still better than selling out to Stroll Sr.

http://oi60.tinypic.com/24eyh6f.jpg

phatjack (IP Logged)
21 January, 2018 13:29
Trump branding on the FW41 would complete things nicely.

SydneyF1Fan (IP Logged)
21 January, 2018 18:32
@realDonaldTrump "I am the best racing driver ever. There has never been another racing driver as good as me. I am a genius driver."

http://i807.photobucket.com/albums/yy358/SydneyF1Fan/SydneyF1FanSignatureWinner-v3.gif

Ozzy Osbone (IP Logged)
21 January, 2018 20:51
Markelov is bloody good. I would put him in our car.

Polemik (IP Logged)
21 January, 2018 22:25
Quote:
phatjack
Trump branding on the FW41 would complete things nicely.

"MAKE WILLIAMS GREAT AGAIN!!" - Trump branding on FW41...very nice (Sm100)thumbs down

Andrew Hooper (IP Logged)
22 January, 2018 08:08
That would be the day that I would stop following Williams if we ever saw any branding from Trump on their cars. Never going to happen!!!!

jonnybario (IP Logged)
22 January, 2018 10:40
Oh my God... we're Marussia....

silny (IP Logged)
22 January, 2018 10:52
Quote:
Andrew Hooper
That would be the day that I would stop following Williams if we ever saw any branding from Trump on their cars. Never going to happen!!!!

Is branding from Putin's related bank better?

williams4284 (IP Logged)
22 January, 2018 11:56
All this is not looking good. Had better hopes prior to all this, when Paddy joined in.

Mikef1 (IP Logged)
22 January, 2018 15:05
Well just think.

If it wasn't for Maldonado, we wouldn't even be in F1. In the years since he terminated his contract (due to an excellent bluff by Williams and Massa) We've been good enough for 3rd, 3rd, 5th, 5th.

That beats 7th - 9th as per 2010-2013 in my opinion. If the car is good enough to keep delivering respectable midfield drives while we get more money to once again elevate Williams, then that's how @#$%& has to happen.

The team should have the backing and the facilities to churn up some good performance again, unknown how well our drivers will hold up, but if they land another good season, maybe we will have another 2014 in the near future where we can land some respectable talent and sponsors. If Williams have been as clever about the Sirotkin contract as they were with the Malodnado contract, they could stand to become winners from that scenario once again.

Who knows, the kid might just even be able to drive an F1 car!

Mehryar (IP Logged)
22 January, 2018 16:48
Well those who question Russian money and whose behind it or make jokes about Trump fantasy sponsership, must check the team history again.
It was our team's birth joint with Saudi Arabia and their prince's son money which helped this team exist and fight with big names.the first title had our garage full of 2 flags, British & Saudi flags waving....and if think there's ever a worse to take money from, better to think again.as far as I can recall, It was a few months ago their women finally got the allowance for driving a car, though going to university still looks like a long shot.

I believe, as Mike has pointed out, we should stop thinking about these things and stick to the sponsers as long as their image doesn't destroy the chances of another sponser joining the team.

http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/1095/mehryarsigyo7.gif

Dylan's Together Through Life Hits The Stores.

Greg_OR (IP Logged)
22 January, 2018 20:18
Hi there,
as a Polish bloke I'm aware and afraid of Russian oligarchs and Kreml circle, but in general, I have nothing against the nation as we have much in common.
The world is far too imperfect and there are many examples of sports sponsors whose got rich in a way we do not accept but... as ancients said - money doesn't stink winking smiley
I watched Siergey post-Abu Dhabi test interview, he seems to be nice, calm guy, so I hope he has grown up and will avoid silly mistakes and his pace is promising.
And Robert... for sure he will be a strong point of the team and will do his best to help the youngsters as I don't know more honest and commitment one.
He will set up the car to their likings and possibilities, not to his own (which could be quite different) but I hope he will have occasions to make it his way to show full car potential (in a case when Paddy has any doubts about young drivers performance).

Gunk (IP Logged)
23 January, 2018 18:46
The deal with SMP racing is interesting . . . they run a talent pool scheme from karting in Russia . . . since SFW stepped down, there's no one scouting young talent and few midfielders want to drive for us. That could work.

I think we'll see a few more Russian stickers on the car . . . I would imagine Boris is re-selling like Stroll senior. Petrov's manager did one-off deals too.

Stu69 (IP Logged)
23 January, 2018 19:21
Personally we exist to race so if that means Russian cash that is fine by me. Give Paddy the cash to produce a good car and we will win points even with current lack lustre drivers. Perhaps this driver line up might just surprise us!

Ozzy Osbone (IP Logged)
23 January, 2018 21:03
I think this line up will surprise a few people. Stroll is good. No doubt. Maybe not ready for F1 in 2017 but he will be better now. Sirotkin is the real deal and a perfect Williams driver I think. I think he will surprise a lot of people here who didn't watch him in the lower formulas. He can drive. He can race and he is quick, creative and aggressive. He may make the odd mistake but he is definite F1 material. I am quietly excited.

Stu69 (IP Logged)
23 January, 2018 23:11
I too am now starting to get excited about 2018. 2 young guns driving, Paddy designing, a bit of cash and a Merc lump in the back! Could be a lot worse in my opinion. Bring it on.

K1 (IP Logged)
24 January, 2018 02:08
Like you Ozzy, i expect that Sirotkin will be better than forecast by all those who heaped huge piles of 'Merde'on him pre announcement. I am impressed by the comments made by Lowe and the fact that the man himself has undertaken some rather complex professional studies in order to understand the mechanical complexities of what he's driving.That alone is a form of dedication that's unusual. Stroll and Sirotkin could eventually be a good combination if they have a half decent car at their disposal.His detractors will have some explaining to do if all this pans out......

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 4 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net