Seconds

Current Page: 9 of 12
Re: Launch Date FW41 15th Feb
AlanJones 17 February, 2018 21:20
I love it PJ. I really do.

http://oi60.tinypic.com/24eyh6f.jpg

tomazy 18 February, 2018 09:23
Nice slide comparisson with last years car.

www.motorsport.com/

tomazy 18 February, 2018 10:25
I have to say, that this years car excites me much more than last years. I am usualy an optimist in this time of the year regarding Williams, and last year I said to myself that there has to be something with the car that we are missing, but unfortunatly there was not. This year, I am blown avay with FW41 detiles and big changes, especialy the small frontal area of the sidepods that nobady is giving any attancion (the sidepods ar far avay from Ferrari copy that everybodi is saying). That is unseen till this car. If Paddy said that they knew that they have to make a car that is more than 2s faster, and that they achivede all the goals they set, I would think that the car is more faster (english anyone?) than FW40 than FW40 was faster than FW38. Keeping in mind that the rules changet to faster cars last year and this year they staied the same this would be an incredible achivement. I just hope that the car will not dissapoint me in testing and races like FW40 has.

GPL 18 February, 2018 10:43
Yes my friend it looks like a car we go racing with this year.

we all hope these up to date features translate/correlate to the track.

I hope they can get all the new bits ready for testing in time.

New front end
New gearbox.

Finished paint scheme when they are ready.

tomazy 18 February, 2018 11:05
https://image.ibb.co/dngkMS/2018.jpg

https://image.ibb.co/fjQ9Fn/20181.jpg

GPL 18 February, 2018 11:46
Are you sure about that undercut shape/position on thE FW41

Mikef1 18 February, 2018 12:12
It's impossible to be sure with the sidepod lines. It does look slim though. I think we go testing in like 8 days so we will see the real deal then. All the other cars coming out in between, this is the best part of the season.

I can't wait to see the Red Bull, if anyone is worth getting excited about, it's them. Their late season form was brilliant. Strongest driver line up, ever increasing Renault, and the best in the business at building cars. I'd bet £20 for Verstappen to win the title.

I'm also not sure we will change the nose, As much as the Mercedes is prettier to look at, Ferrari, Red Bull both believe the nose solution we have is the best in the field. I am sick of looking at it, but if this car works, I won't be bothered.

Polemik 18 February, 2018 12:22
http://www.f1i.fr/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/F1-2018-williams_11.jpg

AlanJones 18 February, 2018 14:30
That's a lot of Ferrari in the FW41.

Does anyone else find himself in a pickle? Usually I have had a favourite Williams driver to root for. But, this year I don't. I find it hard to root for Stroll as I simply dislike him in all interviews. He doesn't have that special thing that bounds me to him. And Sirotkin is still to grow on me. So for the first time since Mansell, Prost, Hill, Villeneuve, Baby Schumi, Monty, Webber, Rosberg, Hulk, Maldonado, Bottas and Massa.. I don't have a driver to root for..

GPL 18 February, 2018 15:01
I think we have to pin most of our hopes on Sergey i have not read/seen much change in attitude from Stroll.

If we can produce a good car this year that will help keep these guys out of trouble some what.

Robert may help to calm them down and gee them up when needed with his input and calm demeanor.

GPL 18 February, 2018 15:47
We may well have to be more patient than usual with this new car and hope it turns out to be quick.

There must be a hundred or more unknowns with this new philosophy and layout/packaging,
plus the new gearbox.

Testing could be a little slower this time for us maybe more time in the pit garage
i can wait tho if it turns out to be a fast car.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 18/02/2018 16:24 by gpl.

Mehryar 18 February, 2018 16:41
Regarding the drivers, there's no way to think we have a chance unless Stroll appears as a new driver and Sirotkin surprise.the field gets tighter.I think there will be no clear best of the rest car like last season with us or Force India.there will be a huge competition whether the car turns to be a midfielder or underdog.
Pinning hopes on a driver who has been away from F1 for 7 years to teach our race drivers anything, will be a big ask too.

Btw comparing Fw41 vs the Ferrari, You can say still the Ferrari gets more room for using the floor near the rear end.height of the body work can be a help though for getting more air channeled to the diffuser.

http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/1095/mehryarsigyo7.gif

Polemik 18 February, 2018 18:52
Quote:
AlanJones
Does anyone else find himself in a pickle? Usually I have had a favourite Williams driver to root for. But, this year I don't. I find it hard to root for Stroll as I simply dislike him in all interviews. He doesn't have that special thing that bounds me to him. And Sirotkin is still to grow on me. So for the first time since Mansell, Prost, Hill, Villeneuve, Baby Schumi, Monty, Webber, Rosberg, Hulk, Maldonado, Bottas and Massa.. I don't have a driver to root for..

Personally, I put my hope in Sirotkin ... he is a quiet, modest, sympathetic hard worker and I think he will be at least as fast as Massa or even as Bottas was. So then it should be OK for us.

GPL 19 February, 2018 14:06
Well we have 4 more days to get the car built and running.
then it is time to load up the transporters.

M79 19 February, 2018 15:06
Quote:
AlanJones

A bit of the same here, although Sirotkin's attitude is a positive point till now. He seems to be the kind of guy that just gets his head down without feeling the need to talk up his chances or performances (or lack thereof)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 19/02/2018 15:07 by M79.

K1 20 February, 2018 01:43
Whilst Sirotkin is an [F1] unknown quantity lets' just reflect on the fact that whilst undertaking a full racing year he also took time to study and complete a degree in Racecar [ mecahanical ] Engineering. He did this so that he would not only benefit from a greater understanding of how his car operates but also because he felt it would benefit him and the team when giving feedback. Now that, to me, indicates a very serious approach and once he gets up to speed and enjoys some familiarity with his team he could well be a major contributor to the William's cause due to his professional approach. I certainly hope that he is successful as nothing at this level is easy.

Stu69 20 February, 2018 09:42
Quote:
K1
Whilst Sirotkin is an [F1] unknown quantity lets' just reflect on the fact that whilst undertaking a full racing year he also took time to study and complete a degree in Racecar [ mecahanical ] Engineering. He did this so that he would not only benefit from a greater understanding of how his car operates but also because he felt it would benefit him and the team when giving feedback. Now that, to me, indicates a very serious approach and once he gets up to speed and enjoys some familiarity with his team he could well be a major contributor to the William's cause due to his professional approach. I certainly hope that he is successful as nothing at this level is easy.

I didn’t know that and find that attitude VERY jmpgessive!

AlanJones 20 February, 2018 10:05
Quote:
K1

Well that is a relief to hear he has a good head on his shoulders.

Ozzy Osbone 20 February, 2018 16:14
Sirotkin is good. Did nobody watch GP2? He's the perfect Williams driver and I think he will surprise many. Rookie obviously. Lance? He's bloody good too and I think this will show through this season. All they really lack is experience but in terms of talent, I think we are up there with Renault / FI / Sauber / Torro.

I actually think both our drivers have the potential to become top 3 in time. Whether they get there is another matter. What does matter is that if they do, we have the car to keep them here or attract one of the top 3 at the time.

Mehryar 20 February, 2018 16:57
Wrong thread

http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/1095/mehryarsigyo7.gif

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 20/02/2018 16:57 by Mehryar.

Current Page: 9 of 12

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net