Days
Hours
Minutes
Seconds

Grid Girls
Stu69 (IP Logged)
31 January, 2018 14:55
[www.bbc.com]

I am not in favour of this. If you must why not have grid girls and boys. Seems a shame to get rid of grid girls, they will now be unemployed!!

Re: Grid Girls
redrose (IP Logged)
31 January, 2018 19:47
I would propose local fans 1 male 1 female in full team kit, selected by raffle on the teams social media feed

K1 (IP Logged)
01 February, 2018 12:54
With so many issues facing F1 it is simply so refreshing to see Liberty taking such great headlong strides to put things right. We've now had a new logo,an essential move that will improve the competition, a few more paywalls, to further alienate those who have followed and supported the Sportbusines through good times and bad and now the removal of grid girls!!! I'm sure that the girls themselves, when advised that will be dispensed with,went weak at the knees and have welcomed this liberation from the tyranny of such a patriarchal enterprise. F1 has benefited for far too long from this form of 21st century sexualisation and white collar slavery. The next major issue will be one of shifting start times to become more sympathetic to the North American market who have been massively disenfranchised because of Eurocentricity. Is there nothing that these fearless champions of F1 cannot do in the pursuit of excellence?

phatjack (IP Logged)
01 February, 2018 15:29
Would welcome a shift of start times to better suit the North American Market. Though when a simple device like a stand that can display a driver's number, I think anyone with half a brain should see how demeaning this could be to a woman.

Of course if these women played a bigger role such as brand ambassadors and not simply eye-candy who in their right mind would object.

Liberty you done good.

SydneyF1Fan (IP Logged)
01 February, 2018 18:39
Enjoy your more convenient start times, phat.

I won't be staying up until 1.30am to watch European GP's, so looks like I'll be bowing out of the spectacle.

Good luck Dan. Let me know how you went!

http://i807.photobucket.com/albums/yy358/SydneyF1Fan/SydneyF1FanSignatureWinner-v3.gif

K1 (IP Logged)
02 February, 2018 00:37
Phatty...you're just bitter because no one asked you to hold a number at Belle isle.

phatjack (IP Logged)
02 February, 2018 23:13
?

https://i.pinimg.com/474x/c2/65/ea/c265ea6ce26c9073e00dcc8574f9b86f--mark-webber-grid-girls.jpg

Syd but you'll post here from time to time?

K1 (IP Logged)
03 February, 2018 04:14
@ Phatty....Is that your best shot? A 14year old pic? It's been around the traps here about ten years ago and was, IIRC, maybe first posted by Beatrix!!!

phatjack (IP Logged)
03 February, 2018 18:17
K1, if I want to see @#$%& I go to a strip joint. But all things considered I accept you place no value on women.

K1 (IP Logged)
03 February, 2018 23:44
@ Phatty...So you are equating the grid ladies at the Red Bull Ring/ Abu Dhabi/ Malaysia/Bahrein/ Sochi and many others with naked dancers in a srip club? What a stupid and ill defined comment. Let the girls/ladies make their own choices and finally, don't ever try to project your asinine comments on what my values are. You would have absolutely no idea whatsoever and never will.

Stu69 (IP Logged)
04 February, 2018 07:53
Claire supports getting rid of grid girls.

Polemik (IP Logged)
04 February, 2018 09:55
Quote:
Stu69

Claire supports all this women-nonsens because she is a women too. Simply. No surprise.

But - there is a little bit of politics behind her oppinion too (she wants to stand on Liberty side). No surprise over again.

(Sm14)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/02/2018 10:07 by Polemik.

phatjack (IP Logged)
04 February, 2018 13:02
Was there politics involved around Stroll wearing the team kit without the Martini Branding? Or does it send the wrong message/image about it's brand.

Extrapolate that to include Grid Girls and current or potential other sponsors looking at F1.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/02/2018 13:03 by phatjack.

AlanJones (IP Logged)
04 February, 2018 16:48
Quote:
Polemik
Quote:
Stu69

Claire supports all this women-nonsens because she is a women too. Simply. No surprise.

But - there is a little bit of politics behind her oppinion too (she wants to stand on Liberty side). No surprise over again.

(Sm14)

Claire replies to the subject with an issue that is not even related to the grid girl discussion. A real swing and miss from Claire.

http://oi60.tinypic.com/24eyh6f.jpg

Mehryar (IP Logged)
05 February, 2018 17:37
One of the most stupid rules ever seen and also another indication of over-reaction to modern era.
Those grid girls made quite clear interviews on how they liked their job.Those involved on the grid echo the same.
I want liberty clearify for me if those girld were "forced" to take that job? Were they not interested in their job? How on earth they or any other community block women from taking a job in socity? Forget all, now with plan of using grid kids in place of grid girls, can you enlighten me if kids of very low age are more aware of the job they are taking than a growned up girl? If anyone is going to moan is not feminist groups, but the groups behind children rights.atleast an 18 yrs old girl knows what she is doing but an 8 yrs old kid? I don't think so!
Sometimes I feel F1 is a part of my @#$%& stupid country I am living in filled with stupid over-reacted boring rules!

http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/1095/mehryarsigyo7.gif

Dylan's Together Through Life Hits The Stores.

AlanJones (IP Logged)
05 February, 2018 17:59
Well the grid girls are being replaced by grid kids.. which is fine by me. A fine initiative. But why hasn't Liberty communicated this at the same time as denouncing the grid girls..?
Must be marketing.

K1 (IP Logged)
06 February, 2018 07:29
@ Alan Jones....very poor strategy IMO. That is unless they want to be seen as moral guardians. Typical American fluff. What was there to stop them from having both? Liberty are fastly becoming a joke and i fear for what they have in line for us next!!!

phatjack (IP Logged)
06 February, 2018 08:36
Kinda like those children that line up with the soccer (football) players ahead of a match.

AlanJones (IP Logged)
06 February, 2018 17:57
What is soccer?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net