2018 Australian Grand Prix Countdown

Days
Hours
Minutes
Seconds

Is it just me
Andrew Hooper (IP Logged)
11 February, 2018 03:32
Is it just me or does the lead up to the start of the 2018 F1 season, with the launch of the FW41 only a few days away, seem a bit under whelming.

There seems to be more interest in what Indycar is doing with their screen instead of the halo. As for Williams the Williams team has spent more time defending themselves from their driver selections, to why they performed poorly in 2017 rather than trying to build up interest in the coming season. There isn't even anything on the Williams web site dealing with the launch of their new car.

Oh well maybe things will pick up once we see the FW41 and we get to see the other teams cars and then get into testing. I hope so.

Re: Is it just me
K1 (IP Logged)
11 February, 2018 05:23
@ Andrew...No, i don't think that you're wrong. Most publications, journos/pundits and assorted media outlets are punting on another Mercedes whitewash.That alone is enough to throw a dampener on the season ahead of us. If you couple that with the half assed asinine comments and activities wrapped around Liberty's activities you get an overall, less than exciting outlook. At this time of the year everything usually hinges on certain exciting developments that may or may not eventuate but all i can see is more of the same, even worse domination, possibly than we've seen over the past four years. The reason for this is simply reliability. Mercedes have , fortunately,been almost 100% bulletproof and with the engines/ancilliaries usage being lowered even further i expect the worst...based on nothing more than 'beefing up' structures usually means increased weight or reduced stress via torque reduction. Nevertheless, F1 is F1, and no matter how bad it =gets i will be there watching waiting for the unexpected ....hahaha

phatjack (IP Logged)
11 February, 2018 13:44
I don't no what you're reading but Stroll and Verstappen are making headlines.

SehnKhan (IP Logged)
11 February, 2018 21:41
I usually tune out for a couple of months after the final race, barely check news sites and the like. Hadn't even seen the Indycar Screen until I saw this post and had a quick look - Not too bad at all. The FormulaE cars look great for the next season too.

As for 2018 - I'll still be here supporting Williams. Not that excited by our drivers at all, but I'll throw support behind them and hope there are pleasing results along the way. Boy I wish we had Ocon in our car, feel like we missed a trick with him (all in hindsight of course).

Anyway, looking forward to the FW41 breaking cover. Hopefully we don't fall further back but I suspect a stronger McLaren and Renault will be hard to match.

http://i66.tinypic.com/fks0li.jpg

SehnKhan & WILLIAMS MARTINI RACING - Together Since 1989

EagleF1 (IP Logged)
12 February, 2018 08:59
and... has GPupdate.net gone on holiday or closed? No news posted since 28th Jan.

SehnKhan (IP Logged)
12 February, 2018 10:53
Quote:
EagleF1
and... has GPupdate.net gone on holiday or closed? No news posted since 28th Jan.

The Dutch version has been regularly updated, just not the EN version.

http://i66.tinypic.com/fks0li.jpg

SehnKhan & WILLIAMS MARTINI RACING - Together Since 1989

j-s (IP Logged)
12 February, 2018 17:51
I've been a bit disenchanted with F1 and Williams... Used to come here every day but now it's once every couple of weeks.

Most of that is down to Williams appearing to be on their way down the order... And F1 has been quite boring lately. So a double whamy.

Hopefully seeing the FW41 jolts me back to normal. I doubt it though. sigh

Carinni (IP Logged)
13 February, 2018 06:52
Yes, more boring than v8 era, too hard to overtake n only two teams racing. Williams almost be certain to go down the grid with the wake up of mclaren and worse drivers lineup. Can’t believe that Sirotkin can be average 1s faster than stroll like what massa did in 2017. The only hope is likepaddy passed a lot of Mercedes technology to this fw41, then maybe we can beat force India n push hard on red bull n mclaren.

AlanJones (IP Logged)
13 February, 2018 10:19
Everyone talks high about Woking. I, for one, would like them see perform first. I can't shake the feeling that Woking has been off guard for some time now as well, whilst blaming Honda.

http://oi60.tinypic.com/24eyh6f.jpg

Carinni (IP Logged)
14 February, 2018 02:57
Mclaren no doubt has a great chassis

AlanJones (IP Logged)
14 February, 2018 07:17
Yeah. Well. I doubt it.

http://oi60.tinypic.com/24eyh6f.jpg

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net