2019 Australian Grand Prix Countdown

Days
Hours
Minutes
Seconds

Encouraging to see
Andrew Hooper (IP Logged)
13 March, 2018 11:40
It is encouraging to see that Stroll and Sirotkin and gone with different tyre selections for the opening race in Australia. Shows that they have there own view of the race weekend which is good to see.

Re: Encouraging to see
Mehryar (IP Logged)
13 March, 2018 11:58
I believe in case of insexperienced drivers, it's the team and engineers who select which driver should take how many sets of a tyre compound.
The difference in sets they selected can be read as a reaction to unknowns about tyres for us, or knowing already Lance will qualify lower than he should so needs a defensive strategy & one more set of primes.

http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/1095/mehryarsigyo7.gif

Dylan's Together Through Life Hits The Stores.

Francesc (IP Logged)
13 March, 2018 13:12
Quote:
Andrew Hooper
It is encouraging to see that Stroll and Sirotkin and gone with different tyre selections for the opening race in Australia. Shows that they have there own view of the race weekend which is good to see.

I think it's simply the Williams strategy. Last year they did the same with the tyre choices.

Andrew Hooper (IP Logged)
14 March, 2018 01:16
Oh well just me trying to put a positive spin on things

Marco Cardoso (IP Logged)
14 March, 2018 22:26
I too think it's strategical from Williams.
Still don't understand why Pirelli as a 2 Hard tires if no one uses them, and then as 4 Soft compounds and as to make up stupid names for them.
They should just scrap the harder tire.

https://goo.gl/images/VESYsm

hemorrhage (IP Logged)
22 March, 2018 13:20
[youtu.be]

Just share between this 2 best friend, but not today.

Gunk (IP Logged)
22 March, 2018 17:05
Quote:
Mehryar
I believe in case of insexperienced drivers, it's the team and engineers who select which driver should take how many sets of a tyre compound.
The difference in sets they selected can be read as a reaction to unknowns about tyres for us, or knowing already Lance will qualify lower than he should so needs a defensive strategy & one more set of primes.

'A reaction to unknowns' . . . yes plenty of that. Williams wasn't the only team to find little advantage in the various softs . . . between .1 and .3 isn't monster. We also have no idea whether these issues will recur on a warmer, non-resurfaced track - factors which affected the previous FWs mightily. FPs will be interesting.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net