Hours
Minutes
Seconds

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4
2018 F1 Australian Build up Thread.
gpl (IP Logged)
16 March, 2018 09:31
The Circus should start to arrive at the track this weekend.

Here we go again.

Re: 2018 F1 Australian Build up Thread.
AlanJones (IP Logged)
16 March, 2018 09:36
*drum roll*

http://oi60.tinypic.com/24eyh6f.jpg

Mikef1 (IP Logged)
16 March, 2018 09:37
I'm so ready for this season. I just hope red bull and Ferrari can stick it to Mercedes. That would be the best. Max doesn't take @#$%& from anyone on track I want to see him fighting lewis and seb. I also love Danny ric. Whichever of the top 3 you prefer, there's a lot of promise. If Mercedes dominates I'm gonna cry probably.

gpl (IP Logged)
16 March, 2018 09:54
First i am really looking forward to see if Williams can get to grips with this new car and unlock some good performance as we push on through the first quarter of the season.

Then yes a good battle up front with the top 3.

K1 (IP Logged)
16 March, 2018 09:55
To date i've seen nothing, heard nothing that would even vaguely suggest that Mercedes will not be as dominant as the last four years. I would expect that Mercedes will be doing all that they can to ensure that they win at the merest possible margins. By doing so they will try to falsely imply that there is a true competition going on as continued domination will only draw even greater levels of 'sturm und drang' from the fans who are clamouring for some real racing.

Mikef1 (IP Logged)
16 March, 2018 10:03
Maybe K1. I too am worried about this. However, both Ferrari and red bull won races on merit last year. Red bull had great pace in the last 4 races and they've got the best driver line-up. I just desperately want there to be more competition. It's simply not good enough to have a "two" driver fight for the championship between Hamilton and Bottas. Hamilton would wipe the floor with the guy.

gpl (IP Logged)
16 March, 2018 10:24
We desperately need a price cap of 150m.

Mehryar (IP Logged)
16 March, 2018 10:24
RBR will be right there imho.My bet for win in Australia too.

http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/1095/mehryarsigyo7.gif

Dylan's Together Through Life Hits The Stores.

Anderis (IP Logged)
16 March, 2018 10:36
I don't think that 2017 was a pure Mercedes' dominance. A non-Mercedes driver led the WDC for more than a half of the championship.

AlanJones (IP Logged)
16 March, 2018 11:20
Plus Merc never had a dominant car. But that budget cap of 150mln is welcome.

For 2018 Im looking forward seeing Verstappen amaze all pundits. Seeing Ferrari burn again. Having Lewis as a 5th time WC. And observe Williams as they get to grasps with the FW41 and working out the little flaws that will make the FW41 into a great car during the end of the season and with that having a solid base for the FW42 with Sirotkin who is the suprise of the season.

gpl (IP Logged)
16 March, 2018 11:30
Wake up wake up your dreaming again haha.

If only well we can hope..

who knows we have waited long enough.

M79 (IP Logged)
16 March, 2018 12:25
Quote:
gpl
We desperately need a price cap of 150m.

I don't see that budget cap functioning. In my opinion the budget cap is like communism: a nice idea but does not work in the real world.

AlanJones (IP Logged)
16 March, 2018 12:32
Quote:
gpl
Wake up wake up your dreaming again haha

What part? :p

Mikef1 (IP Logged)
16 March, 2018 12:36
I don't see why it shouldn't. Only Ferrari and Red Bull don't want one. Goes to show how confident they really are.

A budget cap should function that teams can spend a maximum of x amount plus sponsorship revenue. Meaning teams that operate on a commercial basis are in a better position. That s fair because commercial awareness is important for the sport and the brand's associated.

gpl (IP Logged)
16 March, 2018 12:51
Quote:
AlanJones
Quote:
gpl
Wake up wake up your dreaming again haha

What part? :p

Any of the Williams stuff car or driver LOL.

it was a meant to be a joke.

Would love our driver and car to come good, even Lance to step up to the plate..

Jasper777 (IP Logged)
16 March, 2018 13:53
Quote:
AlanJones
Plus Merc never had a dominant car. But that budget cap of 150mln is welcome.
For 2018 Im looking forward seeing Verstappen amaze all pundits. Seeing Ferrari burn again. Having Lewis as a 5th time WC. And observe Williams as they get to grasps with the FW41 and working out the little flaws that will make the FW41 into a great car during the end of the season and with that having a solid base for the FW42 with Sirotkin who is the suprise of the season.

I'm with you on this I think RB will be the surprise package this year, Ferrari will struggle IMO with fuel saving being the issue.

looking forward to the Verstappen and Ricciardo battle more than the Lewis Bottas battle.

my Predictions for what its worth. Lewis for WDC with RB challenging for the WCC, Ferrari third in both and FW41 being the fourth best car by the end of the season with some blinding results.

andy si (IP Logged)
17 March, 2018 02:38
Quote:
Mikef1
I don't see why it shouldn't. Only Ferrari and Red Bull don't want one. Goes to show how confident they really are.
A budget cap should function that teams can spend a maximum of x amount plus sponsorship revenue. Meaning teams that operate on a commercial basis are in a better position. That s fair because commercial awareness is important for the sport and the brand's associated.

Budget cap is only good if you can enforce it... and ultimatelly do!
Bernie was soft on his favourites... Ferrari and Seb in RB.

Andrew Hooper (IP Logged)
19 March, 2018 01:47
So many differing theories as to what will happen. As some say all I hope for is a competitive season with the top three all been in there. But I do hope that we get to see a driver in anything but a Mercedes win the championship. That would be a good thing for F1.

AS for Williams totally unsure as to how Australia will go. In testing there were signs, be they ever so small, that the car had potential. But for me the first few races are gong to be trying to unlock that potential as well as seeing how Stroll and Sirotkin perform. Some really big unknowns but at least Australia will give us the first signs of whether it is going to be another difficult year or one that has promise.

K1 (IP Logged)
19 March, 2018 07:54
I really don't see The Aussie GP as anything but a very serious shakedown, more likely as an advanced test with WC points at the end. It will take, as is usual, at least three races in before any substantial patterns arise. Then we may see where each team is headed as there are runs on the board upon which to measure the variables. Williams are, IMO, an unknown quantity just like their drivers. Stroll is better known after his first season but as he has said, he was busy learning new circuits and trying to stay in the race. Siritkin is a very different prospect. Given what little i know of him i am impressed,

AlanJones (IP Logged)
19 March, 2018 10:29
Rain is expected on Sunday prior to or at the start of the race. Lets see what happens.

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net