https://i.imgur.com/3oGro3J.png

Re: China - Sat Practice & Qualifying
phatjack (IP Logged)
14 April, 2018 09:49
Quote:
Mikef1
Quote:
phatjack
China for me was evidence of the end of the Mercedes domination. Lewis aborting his lap saw me LMAO.
Ric can things get any worse for this nice bloke?

I'm chuffed. All the commentators making excuses for Merc but you can't argue with results. I do expect a Mercedes win tomorrow though.

RIC is 100% leaving Red Bull. But with Bottas on such form, Mercedes may not be looking elsewhere...

What I saw was Lewis quit in supposedly the best car. Ric in a piece milled engine with little time in FP3 and in Q1 qualified 6th.

Bottas has impressed that I can agree with. Lewis LMAO.

GPL (IP Logged)
14 April, 2018 10:02
Yes.
I expect Serge to beat him this race as he seems more comfortable with his car maybe.
Does not mean much in the grand scheme of things but it helps.

ihme (IP Logged)
14 April, 2018 10:09
Paddy Lowe, Chief Technical Officer: The team has done some great work so far this weekend to find a few improvements on the car relative to where we were in Bahrain. Therefore, there’s some disappointment that we didn’t manage to get at least one car into Q2, which had looked to be a possibility having seen the performance from FP3. However, it was a great job by both drivers in quite tricky conditions to get good laps. We now focus on the race tomorrow when conditions will be very different.

Sergey Sirotkin: We were very close to Q2 and we have improved from Bahrain. I think we have continued to work well and we’ve done some good work through the weekend. We went P10 this morning, which is extraordinary given our shape at the moment. Even the first lap in Q1 was really decent. I don’t think we maximised the second lap, and we can find more time there. Maybe not as much time as others, because I think our first run was better than most of them, but still I believe we could have got a little more which would allow us to jump into Q2. I’m sorry about this, but at the same time we’re moving forward step by step.

Lance Stroll: It was tricky with both cars out in Q1. To be honest I am not happy with the result of Q1. But we were really struggling all weekend, and I spun yesterday so never got a baseline. We were trying so many different set-ups in FP1 because of the struggles coming out of Bahrain. I didn't actually put everything together in qualifying, but I am really happy to get a bit closer. It is not as good as it was in Australia, but maybe a bit better than Bahrain, however, tomorrow is another day and anything is possible.

ihme (IP Logged)
14 April, 2018 10:12
"It is not as good as it was in Australia, but maybe a bit better than Bahrain"

LOL!

Anyways, the car is slowly improving. But how much better can it get with just changes in the setup?

T-800 Model 101 (IP Logged)
14 April, 2018 10:46
Quote:
Ihminen
Quote:
Mikef1
RIC is 100% leaving Red Bull. But with Bottas on such form, Mercedes may not be looking elsewhere...

If RIC wont go to Merc then what is the possibility that he wouldnt have a no. 2 status at Ferrari?

Up to now they were nip and tuck with Merc and Ferrari wont risk the possibility of destabilizing the team like that. Vettel is Marchionne's golden boy and i think Vettel is their new Schumacher.
I'm almost certain that Vettel has the no. 1 status in Scuderia.

If Kimi's current form will last through the season they wont sign Ric for 2018 and he will likely have no chioce and will stay with Red Bull where Max will be their numero uno. Im afraid that RIC might bacome what Webber was for Red Bull, altho a bit quicker.

Ric would NEVER be a no. 2 to Vettel he beat Vettel at Red Bull when they were both driving the same car so NO Ric would never be a no. 2 to Vettel no way...If Ric went to Ferrari it would be Ric as their no. 1 and Vettel as their no. 2 driver.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 14/04/2018 10:48 by T-800 Model 101.

phatjack (IP Logged)
14 April, 2018 10:49
Quote:
T-800 Model 101
Quote:
Ihminen
Quote:
Mikef1

If RIC wont go to Merc then what is the possibility that he wouldnt have a no. 2 status at Ferrari?

Up to now they were nip and tuck with Merc and Ferrari wont risk the possibility of destabilizing the team like that. Vettel is Marchionne's golden boy and i think Vettel is their new Schumacher.

If Kimi's current form will last through the season they wont sign Ric for 2018 and he will likely have no chioce and will stay with Red Bull where Max will be their numero uno. Im afraid that RIC might bacome what Webber was for Red Bull, altho a bit quicker.

Ric would NEVER be a no. 2 to Vettel he beat Vettel at Red Bull when they were both driving the same car so NO Ric would never be a no. 2 to Vettel no way.

He's #2 to Verstappen at RBR.

14 April, 2018 10:52
Quote:
phatjack
Quote:
T-800 Model 101
Quote:
Ihminen
Quote:
Mikef1

Ric would NEVER be a no. 2 to Vettel he beat Vettel at Red Bull when they were both driving the same car so NO Ric would never be a no. 2 to Vettel no way.

Wrong...I know for a fact that Ric is not #2 at RBR...The team have even come out and said their drivers have equal status in the RBR team

14 April, 2018 10:54
Quote:
phatjack
Quote:
T-800 Model 101
Quote:
Ihminen
Quote:
Mikef1

There is absolutley no way Ric is #2 at RBR you have to remember we are talking about a driver here that beat Vettel while they were both driving the same machinery.

Also Ric has beaten Verstappen in the WDC 2 years in a row so there is no way he would ever be a #2 to Verstappen.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 14/04/2018 10:58 by T-800 Model 101.

ihme (IP Logged)
14 April, 2018 10:59
Quote:
T-800 Model 101
Ric would never be a no. 2 to Vettel no way...

So there will be no RIC at Ferrari.

14 April, 2018 11:04
Quote:
Ihminen
Quote:
T-800 Model 101
Ric would never be a no. 2 to Vettel no way...

So there will be no RIC at Ferrari.

Nope not if he has to be a #2 to a driver he has already beat while driving the same machinery.

I am 100% sure Ric will not agree to be a #2 in any team.

14 April, 2018 11:07
I actually think it is a very interesting subject as to what Ric is going to do, will he go to Mercedes or Ferrari or will he go to some other team or will he stay at RBR it is a very interesting subject just who will Ric drive for in 2019?

If Ric wanted to go to Williams in 2019 I think Williams would be mad not to take him.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 14/04/2018 11:10 by T-800 Model 101.

GPL (IP Logged)
14 April, 2018 11:11
Quote:
Ihminen
LOL!

Anyways, the car is slowly improving. But how much better can it get with just changes in the setup?

LOL AGREED.

Set up smet up , change the record Paddy.

They have just honed crap.

Mikef1 (IP Logged)
14 April, 2018 11:16
Quote:
T-800 Model 101
If Ric wanted to go to Williams in 2019 I think Williams would be mad not to take him.

Good one

14 April, 2018 11:17
Quote:
gpl
Quote:
Ihminen
LOL!

LOL AGREED.

Set up smet up , change the record Paddy.

They have just honed crap.

gpl you are right the FW41 reminds me of that saying 'you can not make strawberry jam out of pig $hit'.

14 April, 2018 11:18
Quote:
Mikef1
Quote:
T-800 Model 101

Good one

(Sm14)

phatjack (IP Logged)
14 April, 2018 11:32
Quote:
T-800 Model 101
I actually think it is a very interesting subject as to what Ric is going to do, will he go to Mercedes or Ferrari or will he go to some other team or will he stay at RBR it is a very interesting subject just who will Ric drive for in 2019?

Yeah, imagine Ric at Williams he'd do one better than Webber in a Minardi. Anyways it's fun to think what if?

14 April, 2018 11:32
Anyway LMAO at RBR some people were saying they would challenge for the WCC and WDC this year but I bet they only come 3rd in the championship behind Mercedes and Ferrari.

I would bet my house on it that RBR will only come 3rd in the 2018 WCC.

Anyone agree?

ihme (IP Logged)
14 April, 2018 11:33
Brace yourselves guys!

Quali

Bahrain 2017: 1:31.168
Bahrain 2018: 1:31.414

China 2017: 1:33.507
China 2018: 1:34.062

14 April, 2018 11:37
Quote:
Ihminen
Brace yourselves guys!
Quali

Bahrain 2017: 1:31.168
Bahrain 2018: 1:31.414

China 2017: 1:33.507
China 2018: 1:34.062

Brace yourself alright that is shocking (Sm17)

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 4 of 7

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net