Quote:
Ihminen
Brace yourselves guys!
Quali

Bahrain 2017: 1:31.168
Bahrain 2018: 1:31.414

China 2017: 1:33.507
China 2018: 1:34.062

Taking into account that 2017 are Massa's laps and now it's two moneybags rolling around in the dark I wouldn't say FW41 is all that bad

Re: China - Sat Practice & Qualifying
phatjack 14 April, 2018 12:41
Quote:
T-800 Model 101
Anyway LMAO at RBR some people were saying they would challenge for the WCC and WDC this year but I bet they only come 3rd in the championship behind Mercedes and Ferrari.
I would bet my house on it that RBR will only come 3rd in the 2018 WCC.

Anyone agree?

Who cares?

T-800 Model 101 14 April, 2018 12:44
Quote:
phatjack
Quote:
T-800 Model 101
Anyway LMAO at RBR some people were saying they would challenge for the WCC and WDC this year but I bet they only come 3rd in the championship behind Mercedes and Ferrari.
I would bet my house on it that RBR will only come 3rd in the 2018 WCC.

Anyone agree?

Who cares?

Not me that is for sure, I loathe RBR.

ihme 14 April, 2018 12:44
Maybe Paddy put so much downforce on this car that it makes us slow everywhere and even Merc PU isnt enough to chew through that level of downforce eye rolling smiley

T-800 Model 101 14 April, 2018 12:47
Here is an interesting thought imagine if Verstappen went to Ferrari and was Vettels team mate, how would that go down for Vettel I do not think Vettel would like that very much...I think there would be crazy fireworks at Ferrari if that happened.

ihme 14 April, 2018 12:54
I have never seen this before lmao:

Lance Stroll live in London

ihme 14 April, 2018 13:00
https://uploads.disquscdn.com/images/b7dc02e890c3b03171d13bc808290ed9500cc39db730a8fda95b2822553735af.jpg

phatjack 14 April, 2018 13:11
So how do I read the speed traps? RBR is marginally quicker than Williams?

ihme 14 April, 2018 13:46
Vettel China 2018 vs 2017 onboard

This is called progress!

They gained 0,8s and we lost 0,5 LOL

phatjack 14 April, 2018 14:09
No, that's called what difference a 4x WDC makes.

pgj 14 April, 2018 14:19
Quote:
Ihminen
I have never seen this before lmao:
Lance Stroll live in London

They did something in the week before Silverstone last year. Is that the same event? London is lobbying for an F1 race. I may well walk away from F1 if it ever happens.

Williams and proud of it.

pgj 14 April, 2018 14:27
Quote:
phatjack
So how do I read the speed traps? RBR is marginally quicker than Williams?

Complicated! One way of interpreting it is that by the time we get to the timing point our car is working well. When you equate that against lap times it shows that our car is not working well in other parts of the circuit. So on straights for instance other cars are turning their tyres on quicker so they can go faster for longer. We also have reduced grip on the twisty bits of the circuit.

ihme 14 April, 2018 14:58
The wind, the wind, the heavenly child. In the fairy tale of Hansel and Gretel this sounds poetic, but for Sergei Sirotkin today's wind was anything but heavenly in qualifying Shanghai. On the contrary, he even cost him the entry into Q2, the Russian claims. "On my fast lap I had a pretty strong breeze, which cost me exactly 0.06 seconds," he says.

"We were a bit too strong," he explains the upswing in FT3. His two attempts there were quite extraordinary and better than those of his competitors. "That probably created higher expectations, but they were not justified," he says. "When everyone did their job (in qualifying, editor's note), we fell back - but not because we did something wrong."

Despite leaving Q1, Sirotkin is "very happy," he says. Because Williams has made great progress since the last race in Bahrain and he once again learned a lot.

this guy...

edit: Stroll: "We have every reason to believe that we'll be back in Q2 and Q3 soon."

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 14/04/2018 15:02 by Ihminen.

pgj 14 April, 2018 15:29
Isn't heavenly wind a definition for kamikaze? Lol

I think Lance must have been sent to PR 101. He hasn't been talking like a team leader. All we have seen is him being sullen to date. This, I think, is his attempt to lead the team and give the people who are losing sleep and busting a gut on his behalf some encouragement.

I think he needs more lessons.

pgj 14 April, 2018 15:45
It is forecast to be hot for the race. Will it improve the car or make things worse again?

Mikef1 14 April, 2018 15:51
Quote:
Ihminen
edit: Stroll: "We have every reason to believe that we'll be back in Q2 and Q3 soon."

When did he say this? Was there any context

ihme 14 April, 2018 16:03
Quote:
Mikef1
Quote:
Ihminen

When did he say this? Was there any context

He did say this before that quote:

"We're closer to each other than Bahrain," he says, adding, "Not me personally." The Canadians have had a difficult weekend so far, and after his spin he was behind in the second practice, he says. "The third practice was to make up for the backlog, so in qualifying I had to figure out where the limit was and I was on the verge of discovering it, I think," he says.

However, Williams is likely to have a difficult time in China from 16th to 18th. Stroll struggles according to his own words with the engine still with the overheating symptoms from Melbourne. Nevertheless, he assumes that possible warmer conditions should meet his team - especially because the Longrun on Friday looked positive. And then it should go further up.

[www.formel1.de]

Mehryar 14 April, 2018 16:55
Anyone checked the long runs? Is there any possibility of beating Sauber and STR in race conditions?

http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/1095/mehryarsigyo7.gif

ihme 14 April, 2018 17:12
GAP (S/LAP)

1 Mercedes

2 Red Bull +0.5

3 Ferrari +0.9

4 Force India +1

5 McLaren +1.1

6 Renault +1.1

7 Toro Rosso +1.2

8 Haas +1.3

9 Sauber +2.1

10 Williams +2.1

From the official F1 site

Mehryar 14 April, 2018 17:40
So Ferrari was 4 tenths quicker in qualifying and 9tenths off in race conditions? That's 1.3sec difference between quali and race modes which is unrealistic even if Mercedes will be faster tomorrow.

I believe we have a good chance to be not the last team and that's going on the right road...improving step by step.

http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/1095/mehryarsigyo7.gif

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 5 of 7

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net