Current Page: 5 of 6

Re: China - Race
T-800 Model 101 (IP Logged)
15 April, 2018 10:23
Quote:
Gunk
Quote:
Mikef1
Bottas should have won this race. The red bulls irritate me?

He should have won last time out. RIC would have had more of go in the same position. It's not all luck.

I 100% agree.

ihme (IP Logged)
15 April, 2018 10:26
Quote:
Gwanni
also, our drivers have not binned their car for 3 races in a row.

Well next one is Baku and you have just jinxed it grinning smiley

Mikef1 (IP Logged)
15 April, 2018 10:35
Quote:
Gunk
Quote:
Mikef1

He should have won last time out. RIC would have had more of go in the same position. It's not all luck.

No way. The move wasn't on last time out. Mercedes should have told him to push 5 laps sooner. With tyres that old Danny ric wouldn't have been able to make that move stick he'd have pulled a verstappen

15 April, 2018 10:40
Quote:
Mikef1
Quote:
Gunk
Quote:
Mikef1

No way. The move wasn't on last time out. Mercedes should have told him to push 5 laps sooner. With tyres that old Danny ric wouldn't have been able to make that move stick he'd have pulled a verstappen

I 100% disagree on that one Mike.

Mikef1 (IP Logged)
15 April, 2018 10:45
That's fine. Neither of us will ever know.

Gunk (IP Logged)
15 April, 2018 11:01
Quote:
Mikef1
Mercedes should have told him to push 5 laps sooner. With tyres that old Danny ric wouldn't have been able to make that move stick he'd have pulled a verstappen

But Seb's tyres were even older. You are right about pushing earlier. But a RIC or a Nigel would have got the hammer down without needing to be told once the dog sees the rabbit. However, Bottas is a very calculated risk guy.

These number 2 strategies never work for Kimi do they? They didn't need to pit him last week and this weekend they leave him out until he's lapping 2 secs slower than everyone else.

erratic (IP Logged)
15 April, 2018 11:02
Three races into the season and 2 of the 3 races should have been won by Mercedes but have not because of a safety car. Has this happened before? Probably something for conspiracy theorists as well, each time, the beneficiary has done so from the misfortune of a junior or 'related' team.

Good to see Williams doing a little better today - after Spain they can stop sandbagging

15 April, 2018 11:24
Quote:
Good to see Williams doing a little better today - after Spain they can stop sandbagging

thumbs downthumbs downthumbs down

ihme (IP Logged)
15 April, 2018 11:25
PL:
On pace, we were able to beat the Saubers but through strategy, we were able to beat both Toro Rosso cars, as well as the Haas of Grosjean.

Lol TR crashed into eachother and had damage and Hartley retired and then Gasly had a penalty... And we beat them through strategy?!

SS:
We pitted for a new set of mediums and then new softs under the safety car. I don’t know what happened to them but they had far less grip than the mediums so we lost quite a bit with that, then we were just trying to get to the end of the race.

just wow

Gunk (IP Logged)
15 April, 2018 11:30
FI will have got their car together by Spain. And Hulk is doing a great job. Points this year will be very hard to come by without a lottery race.

I think it will be a year of understanding all the concepts thrown at this car and in 2019 might be OK again.

Mikef1 (IP Logged)
15 April, 2018 11:37
Quote:
erratic
Three races into the season and 2 of the 3 races should have been won by Mercedes but have not because of a safety car. Has this happened before? Probably something for conspiracy theorists as well, each time, the beneficiary has done so from the misfortune of a junior or 'related' team.

3 of 3. Ham should have won Aus
Bot should have won here and bahrain

15 April, 2018 11:39
Quote:
Gunk
FI will have got their car together by Spain. And Hulk is doing a great job. Points this year will be very hard to come by without a lottery race.
I think it will be a year of understanding all the concepts thrown at this car and in 2019 might be OK again.

Could it be possible that Williams score no points this year and finish last in the WCC on zero points...could this actually happen?

Mikef1 (IP Logged)
15 April, 2018 11:40
Quote:
Gunk
Quote:
Mikef1
Mercedes should have told him to push 5 laps sooner. With tyres that old Danny ric wouldn't have been able to make that move stick he'd have pulled a verstappen

But Seb's tyres were even older. You are right about pushing earlier. But a RIC or a Nigel would have got the hammer down without needing to be told once the dog sees the rabbit. However, Bottas is a very calculated risk guy.

These number 2 strategies never work for Kimi do they? They didn't need to pit him last week and this weekend they leave him out until he's lapping 2 secs slower than everyone else.

When you watch the on-board bottas does brake some good distance after vettel. I honestly don't think there was more braking performance in the car brakes are only so good and for whatever reason bottas is so hated by the media, he is a competent and clean overtaker who is currently driving better than Hamilton. I think if anyone had tried a move in that exact scenario it would have been a crash just like verstappen today and verstappen even had fresh rubber and a bigger performance delta...

Kimi is getting screwed over big time he seems just as good as seb this year but the team are quite content to use him as the whipping boy. It's why I couldn't ever get behind Ferrari.

15 April, 2018 11:47
Yep lol at Kimi the way he is treated like a little 8itch at Ferrari,...it seems like Vettel can't win a WDC unless he has a number 2 for a team mate.....LMAO.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 15/04/2018 11:49 by T-800 Model 101.

15 April, 2018 11:59
Would be spewing if I was Kimi way he is treated at Ferrari, I would be embarrassed If I was Kimi..Kimi the whipping boy.

(Sm155)(Sm155)(Sm155)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 15/04/2018 12:02 by T-800 Model 101.

ihme (IP Logged)
15 April, 2018 12:06
Well i think that Kimi has a no.2 badge in his contract anyways and is there just for the money in his probably last year with them.

If there was equality in Ferrari any other driver would be fuming at the team on the radios and in the interviews just by the sheer amount of bad strategies which are only on the Kimi's side.

GPL (IP Logged)
15 April, 2018 12:07
Quote:
T-800 Model 101
Quote:
Gunk

Could it be possible that Williams score no points this year and finish last in the WCC on zero points...could this actually happen?

Ask us again in one months time.

15 April, 2018 12:09
Quote:
Ihminen
Well i think that Kimi has a no.2 badge in his contract anyways and is there just for the money in his probably last year with them.
If there was equality in Ferrari any other driver would be fuming at the team on the radios and in the interviews just by the sheer amount of bad strategies which are only on the Kimi's side.

Yep I guess you are right Kimi is told he is a number 2 and he just takes the money and accepts it, it is actually kinda shameful.

Gunk (IP Logged)
15 April, 2018 12:09
Quote:
T-800 Model 101

Sure. Nakajima scored 0 points in 2009 when the car was quite good. Then again, I didn't expect Stroll to score any points last year and he had none whatsoever until Canada.

But I think better to look at the car than the driver. Ericcson, who is a credible driver and probably quicker than Stroll or Sirotkin at this time, had gone two or three years without points at Sauber. The Williams is only backmarker level - Sauber, Caterham, Marussia - and scoring zero points is easy.

Quote:
Paddy Lowe
it's fantastic get two cars to the finish in 14th and 15th.

Um, no it isn't.

ihme (IP Logged)
15 April, 2018 12:28
https://i.imgur.com/JuNDWpQ.png

https://i.imgur.com/NXmLiXV.png

https://i.imgur.com/LxnkyNi.png

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 5 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net