Hours
Minutes
Seconds

Goto Page: 123456Next
Current Page: 1 of 6
Are Ferrari cheating?
T-800 Model 101 (IP Logged)
15 April, 2018 10:46
It just seems like their pace is a little strange like all of a sudden in qually their car seems like it is on steroids...What gives? are they somehow cheating?........................... Strange........................I smell a rat.

Re: Are Ferrari cheating?
15 April, 2018 11:13
I'm serious guys I am just a little bit suspicious with the pace they are showing, are they doing something illegal?

Illegal fuel? Illegal part on their cars? Something illegal with their engine?

Mikef1 (IP Logged)
15 April, 2018 11:42
But they aren't even faster than anyone. Bottas was just as fast as vettel today, faster in Bahrain and Hamilton was much faster in Aus.

Yes they are doing their clever oil burning thing in quali but I don't actually know what that does..

15 April, 2018 11:52
Quote:
Yes they are doing their clever oil burning thing in quali but I don't actually know what that does..

Yeah Mike I mean mainly in qually, is that oil burning thingy legal?

pgj (IP Logged)
15 April, 2018 12:15
The oil burning is not just in qually. It is everything they start the car.

Williams and proud of it.

15 April, 2018 12:34
Quote:
pgj

So legal or illegal pgj?

Andrew Hooper (IP Logged)
15 April, 2018 12:47
Its quite legal.

Miles (IP Logged)
15 April, 2018 13:02
Ferrari cheats with oil comsuption with the burnt oil from the turbo, which oil is not included in the comsuption calculations. The engine is most porbably designed around this access path. The engine for the customers is not the same spec.

Pirelli is also helping Ferrari with a flexible approach with the tires weither its the thickness, psi or structure because their car doesnt produce enough downforce. No matter the plan was for 2 stop strategies.

Remember : A thinner tread always helps those who have more downforce. Because then the rubber works less and heats less.

(From Amus)

pgj (IP Logged)
15 April, 2018 13:45
Quote:
T-800 Model 101
Quote:
pgj

So legal or illegal pgj?

Going to sit on the fence here and say legal until proved illegal. Lol. So I say suspiciously legal.

When you see the amount of smoke that gets generated at start up and the amount of spray/smoke that the car puts out on track, it is suspicious. People are sure to ask question.

It reminds me of the popping noises that the old Renault engines started making. It went on for several years before it was understood what was going on and the FIA banned it.

15 April, 2018 13:51
Quote:
So I say suspiciously legal

lol I like it.

Mikef1 (IP Logged)
15 April, 2018 15:01
It's legal but they do 2 oil burning things. The one that releases the huge clouds of smoke from the garages every time they start a qualifying run seems to be where they top up oil for burning for the lap. They do also do the thing that trickles smoke out 9f the rain light. It's all legal

andy si (IP Logged)
15 April, 2018 15:17
I understood that oil burning for performance gain is illegal?!

15 April, 2018 15:17
Quote:
Mikef1
It's legal but they do 2 oil burning things. The one that releases the huge clouds of smoke from the garages every time they start a qualifying run seems to be where they top up oil for burning for the lap. They do also do the thing that trickles smoke out 9f the rain light. It's all legal

Mike can other teams copy this?

15 April, 2018 15:18
Quote:
andy si

Interesting...Getting mixed answers here.

pgj (IP Logged)
15 April, 2018 16:13
Quote:
T-800 Model 101
Quote:
andy si

Interesting...Getting mixed answers here.

OK. To clear up my suspiciously legal comment. F1 is a prototype series and all teams will push the regulations to the limit. In this context, a team is cheating if it knowingly flouts the Technical Regulations. If one team suspects that another team has misinterpreted the regulations they can ask the FIA to investigate and adjudicate. This will render the item in question either legal or illegal. If the development is deemed illegal to continue to use/deploy the item would be cheating.

Oil burning of more than something like. 6 liters per 100 km is illegal. Last year engines had special chambers with especially formulated oil in them that was used solely for burning. That was declared illegal.

In my view Ferrari has developed another system that serves a similar purpose: a part mode power boost. I doubt that it is illegal under the present regulations. If the development was investigated, I suspect the FIA would close the loophole. The problem is that evidence has to be presented to the FIA before they will investigate. If it is investigated I think it would be banned. All we have at the moment is a cloud of smoke every time the ferrari is started and vapour/smoke being emitted from the back of the car. That is not enough for the FIA to investigate but it is suspicious.

Mikef1 (IP Logged)
15 April, 2018 16:18
Quote:
andy si

Depends how the rule is being interpreted. There will always be a degree of oil burning, so teams find clever way of burning the oil in keeping with the rules. I personally don't know any of the details but there are many teams that are very aware of the Ferrari engine tricks. I think the plan is to get it taken away as opposed to copying it.

pgj (IP Logged)
15 April, 2018 17:04
Whatever it is that ferrari is doing, it will leak out in time.

Mehryar (IP Logged)
15 April, 2018 17:40
Can someone explain one thing for me? Ferrari and Haas cars have something like smoke or clound around that small light at the back of their cars.I didn't notice it on other cars or maybe I've missed something? So if it's specifically for this 2 teams, what's that ?

http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/1095/mehryarsigyo7.gif

Dylan's Together Through Life Hits The Stores.

phatjack (IP Logged)
15 April, 2018 17:42
LMAO, Ric was no where during the race. RBR's B Team collide and RBR coincidentally is in a position to pit both cars simultaneously.

Verstappen did his job on Seb, Lewis escaped this time. How that's for a conspiracy?

Mikef1 (IP Logged)
15 April, 2018 17:46
Quote:
Mehryar
Can someone explain one thing for me? Ferrari and Haas cars have something like smoke or clound around that small light at the back of their cars.I didn't notice it on other cars or maybe I've missed something? So if it's specifically for this 2 teams, what's that ?

Sauber has it too. It's just the way they run their engine.

Goto Page: 123456Next
Current Page: 1 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net