f1
Latest News:

2018 USA Grand Prix Countdown

Days
Hours
Minutes
Seconds

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
And so, on to Baku
Gunk (IP Logged)
16 April, 2018 16:27
Slightly longer to prepare for this race, but I can't imagine any fixes coming our way.

The most notable feature of last year was that Stroll outqualified Massa. I still can't understand why that was. But maybe he will remember how he did that.

Last year it was action-packed of course, with a hissy fit from Seb and lots of @#$%& between Perez and Ocon and Sainz and Kvyat.

Grosjean might be getting irritable - 0 points so far and told to let Kevin by. Perez hasn't scored yet. And Sainz will be keen to close the gap to Hulk. 22 - 3 is quite surprising. Meanwhile there's Mad Max and LeClerc is making more than his share of rookie mistakes.

So it could be fun for some.

 
Re: And so, on to Baku
Mikef1 (IP Logged)
16 April, 2018 17:00
I hope for another brilliant race and for Bottas & Kimi to beat their bad luck. I think for Williams this may be unbearable as we've lost so much straight line speed and don't seem to make up the time in slow corners either.

 
Re: And so, on to Baku
Mehryar (IP Logged)
16 April, 2018 17:47
For Williams, we have started in worst possible way but still I do have confidence in our technical team.I'm looking for improvements from Bahrain onwards and each small step they make.They beat the Saubers by fine tunes in setup and I hope they beat or atleast close the gap to our next competitor who's STR or Force India I think.

As for the rest, I hope Kimi stops being so unlucky and have a clean weekend to beat his rivals.You know Ferrari and if he loses points in next 3-4 races, he is 100% number 2 driver.He must stop doing it so fair with Seb and attack like the way Vettel did in China.a 4 or 3 way title battle is always welcomed.

Sainz, tbh I used to rate him as next Alonso but his performance against Hulk is terrible!

Lecrec.Wasn't he meant to be a superstar? He's failed to beat Ericsson and makes too many mistakes.I'm starting to think these new cars are too hard for rookies and so all of them have failed so far.maybe we are too hard on our kids because if a rookie doesn't beat Ericsson and still doesn't have a bad reputation, shows how much "pay driver" tag can destort our vision on a driver! Btw what happened to Gio? Imo he was more impressive...he crashed 2 times yes but atleast he looked to be faster than Lecrec.

The last part is Vandoorne.I don't know if he's that great some said.some weekends he's really great and then some others he is totaly off.also his race craft is not comparable with Fernando, though there are a few on the grid to be compared with Alonso anyway.



http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/1095/mehryarsigyo7.gif

Dylan's Together Through Life Hits The Stores.

 
Re: And so, on to Baku
AlanJones (IP Logged)
16 April, 2018 18:24
We, as Williams fans, should focus on the second half of the season. That's where we will get some points. An easy fix isn't here and isn't ready (yet).

As for Baku, I love the track. It is a gem in the world of legit good street courses. I'm curious about FP1 and FP2. There have never been so much yellow flags during any session than last years FP1 and FP2. Bring it on.




http://oi60.tinypic.com/24eyh6f.jpg

 
Re: And so, on to Baku
Gunk (IP Logged)
16 April, 2018 18:54
Quote:
Mikef1
I think for Williams this may be unbearable as we've lost so much straight line speed and don't seem to make up the time in slow corners either.

True. We have indeed lost the one redeeming feature of last year's car.

 
Re: And so, on to Baku
Gunk (IP Logged)
17 April, 2018 01:29
Quote:
Mehryar

Sainz, tbh I used to rate him as next Alonso but his performance against Hulk is terrible!

Leclerc. Wasn't he meant to be a superstar? Gio? Imo he was more impressive...he crashed 2 times yes but at least he looked to be faster than Leclerc.

The last part is Vandoorne. I don't know if he's that great as some said..

Something is not working out with Sainz. His track record is not terrible and had a dream debut with Renault when he joined. I wonder what the story is here. Or is it that Hulk is a lot better than he's given credit for, certainly in qualifying?

Gio I agree, far too good to be overlooked.

Vandoorne, impossible to assess. Alonso always appears to relegate a team mate to a support role. Only finished 7 races out of 20 last year, no chance of getting any rhythm going.

But as you say, Alonso is pretty special. The same points as Hulk already in a less capable car that qualifies further down the field.

 
Re: And so, on to Baku
williams4284 (IP Logged)
17 April, 2018 11:16
Kimi is always a 100% number 2 driver at Ferrari.

He was left out on dead rubber in china just to hamper Bottas. No pride left in the guy, always there to lick Seb and what Seb does at the start.. Just cut him off and let him lose a raft of positions. What a silly team.

 
Re: And so, on to Baku
Mikef1 (IP Logged)
17 April, 2018 11:49
Quote:
williams4284
Kimi is always a 100% number 2 driver at Ferrari.
He was left out on dead rubber in china just to hamper Bottas. No pride left in the guy, always there to lick Seb and what Seb does at the start.. Just cut him off and let him lose a raft of positions. What a silly team.

Had a conversation last night with a few guys that were trying to convince me Lewis is going to move to Ferrari to partner Seb. I don't believe them in the slightest but the idea did make me happy. Don't waste both red cars have 2 competitive drivers like Mercedes. It would be awesome to see Hamilton's yellow helmet in a Ferrari

 
Re: And so, on to Baku
Gunk (IP Logged)
17 April, 2018 22:18
Quote:
Mikef1
Don't waste both red cars have 2 competitive drivers like Mercedes. It would be awesome to see Hamilton's yellow helmet in a Ferrari

I think it has to dawn on them at sometime that their strategies are counter productive. As
you say, if something happens to car #1, it usually results that they have wasted both red cars.

To apply this so early in the season is totally silly.

 
Re: And so, on to Baku
Anderis (IP Logged)
17 April, 2018 22:48
Ferrari cares about WDC only and it has been like that for many years.



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 17/04/2018 22:48 by Anderis.

 
Re: And so, on to Baku
K1 (IP Logged)
18 April, 2018 07:04
@ Mike!....i have also read that report but it doesn't make sense. Why would Hamilton risk losing his claim to be the 'greatest'ever when he doesn't have to ? I don't think that Hamilton actually has the cojones for that kind of test. I have also heard a rumour that he won't sign until he knows who is going to be in the seat next to him. There's much conjecture and one even suggested that if it is Ricciardo he will leave!!! He knows what Ricciardo did to Vettel and after last Sundays race he would be even more apprehensive. Bottas is no threat to him and Mercedes will be wanting to have a driver that they can depend upon being there for at least three years. IMO the only way that Ricciardo will drive for Ferrari, if he gets the offer, will be on a contracted total equality basis.
Interesting note is that the evil Dr. M is beating a hasty retreat after he made it known a few weeks back that they, Red Bull, had options now he is trying to put off any offers from Wolff and Lauda! Daniel needs to get the hell outa Red Bull. The only reason they want to keep him is to be able to exert some control over his future race strategies when promoting their WDC in waiting. They are afraid that if Ricciardo is driving in another team that would make their job much harder. Hopefully Ricciardo doesn't swallow the 'snake oil' that Horner et al are selling.

 
Re: And so, on to Baku
Mikef1 (IP Logged)
18 April, 2018 07:49
Quote:
K1
@ Mike!....i have also read that report but it doesn't make sense. Why would Hamilton risk losing his claim to be the 'greatest'ever when he doesn't have to ? I don't think that Hamilton actually has the cojones for that kind of test. I have also heard a rumour that he won't sign until he knows who is going to be in the seat next to him. There's much conjecture and one even suggested that if it is Ricciardo he will leave!!! He knows what Ricciardo did to Vettel and after last Sundays race he would be even more apprehensive. Bottas is no threat to him and Mercedes will be wanting to have a driver that they can depend upon being there for at least three years. IMO the only way that Ricciardo will drive for Ferrari, if he gets the offer, will be on a contracted total equality basis.
Interesting note is that the evil Dr. M is beating a hasty retreat after he made it known a few weeks back that they, Red Bull, had options now he is trying to put off any offers from Wolff and Lauda! Daniel needs to get the hell outa Red Bull. The only reason they want to keep him is to be able to exert some control over his future race strategies when promoting their WDC in waiting. They are afraid that if Ricciardo is driving in another team that would make their job much harder. Hopefully Ricciardo doesn't swallow the 'snake oil' that Horner et al are selling.

Didn't know it was an article it was probably lazy news writing because Hamilton's so miserable at the moment. I agree with all points but one. Bottas is looking quite handy this year and if Hamilton remains off form for a few more races, his confidence is going to sky rocket. Bottas would be leading the championship if not for his error in q3 in Melbourne. He's put in some beast overtakes, matched Hamilton's race pace and outqualified him twice. The only questionable act was that he didn't put the overtake on Vettel but I believe it would have gone how it did for Verstappen.

 
Re: And so, on to Baku
T-800 Model 101 (IP Logged)
18 April, 2018 13:35
Quote:
Anderis
Ferrari cares about WDC only and it has been like that for many years.

You are right they always like to have a number 1 and a number 2 driver.

Also guys what are your thoughts on Vettel as a driver? I don't know if he is really that good because when he won his 4 WDC he only had to beat an average no good driver in Webber.

Even Bottas could have beat Webber 4 years in a row, I really think Vettel does not seem very good....Thoughts?

 
Re: And so, on to Baku
T-800 Model 101 (IP Logged)
18 April, 2018 13:41
Vettel had the fastest car in F1 for 4 years in a row and he only had to beat Webber to win the WDC's 4 times he was basically gifted 4 WDC on a silver platter, because of this I don't think he is that great even Jolyon Palmer would have won those 4 WDC with a car like that and a team mate like poorly Mark Webber.

 
Re: And so, on to Baku
Mikef1 (IP Logged)
18 April, 2018 13:49
Quote:
T-800 Model 101
Vettel had the fastest car in F1 for 4 years in a row and he only had to beat Webber to win the WDC's 4 times he was basically gifted 4 WDC on a silver platter, because of this I don't think he is that great even Jolyon Palmer would have won those 4 WDC with a car like that and a team mate like poorly Mark Webber.

Was Webber really that bad? I recall him being reasonable. Similar to Hamilton and Rosberg. Who do you think would be a better driver Rosberg or Webber?

 
Re: And so, on to Baku
M79 (IP Logged)
18 April, 2018 13:50
Quote:
T-800 Model 101
Vettel had the fastest car in F1 for 4 years in a row and he only had to beat Webber to win the WDC's 4 times he was basically gifted 4 WDC on a silver platter, because of this I don't think he is that great even Jolyon Palmer would have won those 4 WDC with a car like that and a team mate like poorly Mark Webber.

Mark Webber may not have been in the same league as Vettel, imho I would rate him in the same league as drivers like Coulthard, Frentzen Patrese, Montoya, Ralfie and Bottas: Race winners but no WDC Material unless fluked.

And you're giving Palmer way to much credit, no way would he have been a WDC in a Red Bull, he 's of Nakajima level or theareabouts.....

 
Re: And so, on to Baku
Mikef1 (IP Logged)
18 April, 2018 13:54
Quote:
M79
Quote:
T-800 Model 101
Vettel had the fastest car in F1 for 4 years in a row and he only had to beat Webber to win the WDC's 4 times he was basically gifted 4 WDC on a silver platter, because of this I don't think he is that great even Jolyon Palmer would have won those 4 WDC with a car like that and a team mate like poorly Mark Webber.

Mark Webber may not have been in the same league as Vettel, imho I would rate him in the same league as drivers like Coulthard, Frentzen Patrese, Montoya, Ralfie and Bottas: Race winners but no WDC Material unless fluked.

And you're giving Palmer way to much credit, no way would he have been a WDC in a Red Bull, he 's of Nakajima level or theareabouts.....

But unfair on Bottas who is clearly better than Raikkonen.

If anything I'd put Vettel Hamilton and Ricciardo Alonso on a pedestal.

Below I'd put Vettel and Bottas at a similar level.

 
Re: And so, on to Baku
M79 (IP Logged)
18 April, 2018 14:03
I think you are correct on Bottas Mike, although the Raikonnen of around 2008 is of a different calibre compared to him in his 2nd coming at Ferrari.

 
Re: And so, on to Baku
Mikef1 (IP Logged)
18 April, 2018 14:20
Quote:
M79
I think you are correct on Bottas Mike, although the Raikonnen of around 2008 is of a different calibre compared to him in his 2nd coming at Ferrari.

Yes. Raikkonen has not been able to hold anything against Alonso nor Vettel. A shame as he's a cool guy. I'd rather see him up there than Vettel.

 
Re: And so, on to Baku
Gunk (IP Logged)
18 April, 2018 14:27
The RBR was nowhere near as dominant as the Mercs. Mark was unbeatable on a good day but couldn't sustain his form, race after race, for that length of time. That's why people like Ham, Ros and Vet are WDCs. They are almost robotic. I say almost, because everyone's human.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net
 
 

Who is online?

Total users online:  

Most users online:  

Users on this site:  

Where are they?