SAD DEMISE OF THE MIGHTY WILLIAMS TEAM
T-800 Model 101 (IP Logged)
23 April, 2018 05:33
LOOK at this....This is a must read.

SAD DEMISE OF THE MIGHTY WILLIAMS TEAM

Re: SAD DEMISE OF THE MIGHTY WILLIAMS TEAM
23 April, 2018 05:38
I just read the comments people posted under this article...Ouch they really hurt (Sm17)

hemorrhage (IP Logged)
23 April, 2018 07:00
Old and bullshit story. Everyone allready know about it. The history...bla bla bla......

Why williams reveals their financial in every year?? But other team didn't.

Mikef1 (IP Logged)
23 April, 2018 09:11
Quote:
hemorrhage
Old and bullshit story. Everyone allready know about it. The history...bla bla bla......
Why williams reveals their financial in every year?? But other team didn't.

They are the only team listed on the stock market if I'm not mistaken so they don't have a choice

Andrew Hooper (IP Logged)
23 April, 2018 13:54
The F1 side of Williams may struggle but the other divisions seem to be doing very well. So the way I look at it Williams will never disappear as an engineering firm. As for the F1 side of things I have seen many times in the past where Williams has struggled but they always seem to bounce back. I still feel that this is the case now.

Mehryar (IP Logged)
23 April, 2018 17:01
We have read alot of these articles in 2006, 2008 and 2013....Williams next Tyrrell, blah blah...boring!

http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/1095/mehryarsigyo7.gif

Dylan's Together Through Life Hits The Stores.

Anderis (IP Logged)
23 April, 2018 17:47
Yeah, those stories are circulating around for more than 10 years already.

This one is hardly anything insightful.

Mikef1 (IP Logged)
23 April, 2018 18:24
Just another case of lazy reporting. Saw one pretty much copy and paste about McLaren last year

K1 (IP Logged)
25 April, 2018 13:31
I think that in the past these possibilities were relatively unsubstantiated but i have just read where Claire Williams herself has said that without a budget cap they will not survive. This is not external speculation but from a Williams dep team principal. True, she may be floating a BS story to try and influence those who are making decisions but ATM F1 faces it's biggest hurdle for many many years.LM will have to pull something out of their hat if they are to break the nexus between Mercedes and Ferrari and introduce changes that will see more $ flowing to the non major manufacturer teams. Only time will tell. As i have said in the past, i do believe that Williams should be looking at selling out to a better funded organisation or else take on a new partner who has the wherewithal to move the team upwards.

Mehryar (IP Logged)
25 April, 2018 15:59
Claire's comments were about long term future and she made sure the near future of the team is secure.I don't think any team except top3 are anything different.Haas, Mclaren, Force India, Str all in same boat and in even worse conditions.

http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/1095/mehryarsigyo7.gif

Dylan's Together Through Life Hits The Stores.

Ozzy Osbone (IP Logged)
25 April, 2018 16:05
F1 has become truly 2 tier. We've always had 1 or 2 teams out front but that used to change from Williams to Mclaren to Ferrari to Renault and so on. A team would hit upon a good concept and dominate for a few years and then a rule change would come or someone else would find something better.

What we know now is that there is virtually zero chance of any team outside of the top 3 regularly competing for wins. Maybe Renault can find the money to take them on. Maybe the size of the Mclaren business will allow them to get up there but the fact is that the top 3 just throw money at it until it works.

In the past this didn't always work but I think that has changed with technology. More money you can pour into CFD and building scale models etc., the more benefit you get.

Did anyone see the FE race in Rome? I've watched this series a bit and been a little underwhelmed but that was a race and a half. F1 needs to take notes.

There are some hard decisions to be made. F1 cannot be a one chassis series but at the moment it's pretty dull. It's a 6 car race for the win and it will stay that way. Smaller teams will have to become 'B' teams or fold. Same with tracks. Get rid of the ones that constantly serve up boring races. For Aus, go back to Adelaide. Some fantastic races there. Just do it.

Stu69 (IP Logged)
25 April, 2018 18:06
Well done Bernie. Sold up just at the right time. What an absolute hero! That guy sure has a good business head!

Stu69 (IP Logged)
25 April, 2018 18:11
Ozzy, Williams could actually be a B+ team if they hurry up and get their head round it. Potential for podiums and an occasional win! To me it’s like buying a Skoda. Underneath it’s a VW Golf! Just about as good but cheaper!

04 May, 2018 13:42
What is interesting to me is who will replace Martini at Williams???

So who is it guys who is going to fill the hole when Martini leave???

Anderis (IP Logged)
04 May, 2018 14:06
Will anyone replace Martini?

When we had lost AT&T after 2011, whe didn't have a title sponsor for the next 2 years.

Plenty of team on the grid right now without title sponsors.

Mikef1 (IP Logged)
04 May, 2018 15:20
Doubt it.

Ozzy Osbone (IP Logged)
04 May, 2018 15:25
What about Babycham?

AlanJones (IP Logged)
07 May, 2018 09:12
Any farming industrie brand you know of Ozzy that would like to join us? GoatFarmingMilkBucket.com?

http://oi60.tinypic.com/24eyh6f.jpg

07 May, 2018 12:52
What about Rexona the deodorant company LMAO....Rexona as a sponsor wouldn't that be crapppy....LMAO.

07 May, 2018 12:53
Maybe don,t have a title sponsor just be Mercedes whipping boy team (Sm17)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net