2018 Russian Grand Prix Countdown

Days
Hours
Minutes
Seconds

Sirotkin handed Spanish grid penalty
Williams F1 (IP Logged)
30 April, 2018 08:25
What do you think? You can have your say by posting below.
If you do not already have an account Click here to Register.

Re: Sirotkin handed Spanish grid penalty
tomazy (IP Logged)
30 April, 2018 08:50
What a stupid decision. He made a minor contact in the most chaotic part of the race with the car that ultimatly finished on the podium and they give him 3 place grid panelty and 2 points? While one Red Bull is zig zaging on the circit and the other rams it from behind (same thing as Sirotkin but much harder) and both DNF and they both get a reprimand becouse they are both to blame? If they are both to blame, punish them both not nobady... And to not even speek of Hulkenberg who made an agresive direction change on the streight that saw one car DNF and the other loosing 2 tires...

EDIT: I didn't follow the race thread, I now see that all my point are allready there and that I am not alone in thinking like this.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 30/04/2018 09:02 by tomazy.

andy si (IP Logged)
30 April, 2018 14:10
F1's drives penalties have always been questionable. Even more so in it's recent history. The 1 line change under braking especially. And if you destroy the race for 2 competitors, it's a no brainer.. get lost to the pits while appologizing to both Team.

Someday, someone, will fix this inconsistency.. it better happen sooner, rather then later.. so we can see it, while this show still exists.

Mehryar (IP Logged)
30 April, 2018 17:42
The only reasoning you can expect from this hard decision is that he is a rookie.you may penalize a new commer with a small mistake in early days so it doesn't finish to be a crash prone driver.
Otherwise I don't see any other logic behind it.
That said, what happened to Hulk? Nothing?! Stupid.

http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/1095/mehryarsigyo7.gif

Dylan's Together Through Life Hits The Stores.

hemorrhage (IP Logged)
02 May, 2018 00:03
At this time where is Claire???? This bullshit women so useless. She should see FIA, fight back this stupid decision. Unfair penalty, see so many time the video, Sirotkin is nowhere to go. Stupid FIA.

longer (IP Logged)
02 May, 2018 06:19
Penalty for Sirotkin is fair IMHO. He began to brake definitely to late. This wasn't typical first corners race incident, it was a driver fault.

Additionaly I do not agree that he couldn't do anything with the crash. He took risk to be between 2 other drivers because he didn't close the path (optimal path) for Hulk ealier in the corner (focused on the Stroll)

And to be fair I like hime and wish him all the best, just wanted to post different opinion

andy si (IP Logged)
02 May, 2018 09:06
Quote:
longer
Penalty for Sirotkin is fair IMHO. He began to brake definitely to late. This wasn't typical first corners race incident, it was a driver fault.
Additionally, I do not agree that he couldn't do anything with the crash. He took risk to be between 2 other drivers because he didn't close the path (optimal path) for Hulk ealier in the corner (focused on the Stroll)

And to be fair I like him and wish him all the best, just wanted to post different opinion

You are transferring responsibility for Hulkenberg's actions to Sirotkin. It does not happen in the real world. Everybody is accountable for their own actions.

If you apportion blame to Sirotkin for the first corner bump, then you apportion the appropriate blame to Hulkenberg for forcing an avoidable incident. and penalize him accordingly (ruining the race for 2 competitors he could have easily passed on the straight.

Avoidable in the sense that had he not bullied two cars into each other, he would not have made the pass at all at that point.

longer (IP Logged)
02 May, 2018 10:10
"You are transferring responsibility for Hulkenberg's actions to Sirotkin."
totally disagree.
Hulk was front to Sirotkin, his behaviour was stupid but in general he was allowed to pick up the best path for him. Drivers on normal streets have to be prepared for closing path like that one. The same was in Singapore with no penalties.

You understood me wrong, the fact that Sirotkin did not blocked Hulk in previoues corner was not a direct cause of the crash - that is obvious. But he may avoid it taking into account all context.

In the moment he was between two cars there were nothing to do but that is obvious.

As a contradiction example: when I do not close the door to my house and the thief with a gun wants my money there is nothing I can do. But I could be prepared.

Being a great driver means you can predict everythink. Sirotkin was to risky at the start in other places to and crash with Perez proves that it wasn't only manner of bad luck

phatjack (IP Logged)
02 May, 2018 10:19
Well that puts Sergy in Ric's and Verstappen's league. Not bad company.

andy si (IP Logged)
02 May, 2018 10:44
Quote:
longer
"You are transferring responsibility for Hulkenberg's actions to Sirotkin."
totally disagree.
Hulk was front to Sirotkin, his behaviour was stupid but in general he was allowed to pick up the best path for him. Drivers on normal streets have to be prepared for closing path like that one. The same was in Singapore with no penalties.

You understood me wrong, the fact that Sirotkin did not blocked Hulk in previoues corner was not a direct cause of the crash - that is obvious. But he may avoid it taking into account all context.

In the moment he was between two cars there were nothing to do but that is obvious.

As a contradiction example: when I do not close the door to my house and the thief with a gun wants my money there is nothing I can do. But I could be prepared.

Being a great driver means you can predict everything. Sirotkin was to risky at the start in other places to and crash with Perez proves that it wasn't only manner of bad luck

Sirotkin had a thing with Alonso on the left as far as it was apparent from the video.. quite possibly he missed Hulkenberg on the right entirely. That fact alone does not allow Hulkenberg his actions.

Look at it from the perspective of RedBull duo... Daniel gave Max room when racing into corners.. Max did not.

Hulkenberg also forced the issue with a line change in front of two other cars.. on the straight no less, during a small kink on the straight! Waaaay before the braking zone. If he had waited for 100-200m on the right side of the track he'd already been clear of both of them by that time.

So next time you and I find each other on the same stretch of road.. I'll just drive into you because I want your piece of tarmac. I can't do that, can I? It ain't correct, is it?

Watch the video again, then comment how it's all ok for Hulkenberg to act like he did. Hot-headed from Hulkenberg and he should be punished for that move.

longer (IP Logged)
02 May, 2018 10:56
"Watch the video again, then comment how it's all ok for Hulkenberg to act like he did. Hot-headed from Hulkenberg and he should be punished for that move."

please read carefuly, I did not say it was Ok, I even said it was stupid. But still it is acceptable in F1 which is proved in other races.

hemorrhage (IP Logged)
02 May, 2018 11:09
I think for the first 3 corner is bullshit to close some people room from overtake. Stupid think driver, because they have 51 lap, and very2 long straight to overtake. Open wheel racing cant do like this. For me Alonso is the stupid one at left side.

longer (IP Logged)
02 May, 2018 11:25
"For me Alonso is the stupid one at left side."
on this track: agree. He had most space from the triplet and some opportunity to see that Hulk is doing stragne think... but at the end he is the one who scored points

Ozzy Osbone (IP Logged)
02 May, 2018 20:26
At the end of the day, Perez got on the podium so the little tap he got from SIR was not race ending and they are all on cold tyres. The guy is a rookie and has no history of stupid behavoir that I can recall. if Kimi into Ocon can be a 'racing incident' then surely SIR into PER is even more so.

It's stupid.

Then HUL just turns left and screws SIR's race and put ALO onto 2 wheels and all is fine? What happened to looking at steering input footage.

It's a joke. Sure, SIR messed up and ran lightly into the back of another car on cold tyres at the start of his 4th GP with cars all around him. Big deal. He really killed PER's race didn't he? No. Then the veteran HUL decides to take out 2 competitors and just gets to walk away?

I also think ALO moved slightly right although would have to watch it again. At the end of the day, it was HUL who put the big move on.

Ridiculous.

Mikef1 (IP Logged)
02 May, 2018 22:15
Sirotkin was in that crash what verstappen was in Singapore 2017

GPL (IP Logged)
03 May, 2018 07:23
He can still win starting from 4th on the grid.

LoL.

andy si (IP Logged)
04 May, 2018 20:22
Quote:
gpl
He can still win starting from 4th on the grid.
LoL.

thumbs down grinning smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net