Hours
Minutes
Seconds

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Canada: Sat Prac & Qualifying
Andrew Hooper (IP Logged)
09 June, 2018 15:26
Late night for me. I hope that my loss of sleep is worth the effort. See how practice goes as qualifying is on at 2am Sunday morning for me.

Re: Canada: Sat Prac & Qualifying
Mikef1 (IP Logged)
09 June, 2018 15:40
I'd assume when the power units are turned up one car might escape q3. Team said they have plenty of time to gain in setup work overnight so let's see how the car runs in fp3 smiling smiley

hemorrhage (IP Logged)
09 June, 2018 15:41
Both brush the wall. CONFIRM!!

gpl (IP Logged)
09 June, 2018 16:03
Team info is just bla bla bla.

We will struggle to get out of Q1 or one driver might just scrape into Q2

The car is still a mess in current form.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/06/2018 16:51 by gpl.

Ihminen (IP Logged)
09 June, 2018 16:26
Quote:
gpl
We will struggle to get out of Q3

Even top3 teams would find that pretty hard (Sm1)

gpl (IP Logged)
09 June, 2018 16:53
sorry lazy posts.

kind of lost interest till they tell us the fix is ready to try, at whatever race this is going turn up.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/06/2018 17:08 by gpl.

phatjack (IP Logged)
09 June, 2018 17:15
trolling is more like it.

Damon96 (IP Logged)
09 June, 2018 17:21
This is a proper power circuit and we are way behind TR, surely this car might go down as one of the worst in F1 considering the money invested in it and the engine in it.

Mehryar (IP Logged)
09 June, 2018 17:35
Mercedes is the sole engine supplier to not bring the update to Canada for reliability fears...but well look at where the Force India is running whole weekend! I'm not comparing them with Williams but with other midfield runners.
They don't have resources of Renault, not the big company like Mclaren and not that kindda support Haad takes from Ferrari, yet they are better than all of them at the moment...with "the smallest budget" of the field.

Great job by them!

http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/1095/mehryarsigyo7.gif

Dylan's Together Through Life Hits The Stores.

Mikef1 (IP Logged)
09 June, 2018 19:01
We'd not have even improved our position with the better engines. And we're lucky Ericsson dropped the ball. Stroll would have improved on his lap but nowhere near enough to touch gastly.

What a @#$%& show.

Ihminen (IP Logged)
09 June, 2018 19:06
Quote:
Mikef1
We'd not have even improved our position with the better engines. And we're lucky Ericsson dropped the ball. Stroll would have improved on his lap but nowhere near enough to touch gastly.
What a @#$%& show.

Damn GRO and ERI out early and we still couldnt get into q2 with one car (Sm17)

Mikef1 (IP Logged)
09 June, 2018 19:17
Yeah I'm surprised. It seemed that this race would be one of the better ones. Silverstone is going to be savage

Damon96 (IP Logged)
09 June, 2018 19:25
Us and Mclaren are really dropping the ball this year, we are@#$%&and they have embarrassed themselves when compared to TR Honda. I wish the team would just say look - it's fundamentally flawed and we won't have a fix till x and we know that we'll be poor every race till then. We just get the odd, we'll be fighting my end of year but no real honesty about what has happened. However if Massa was 1.4 seconds faster than Stroll last year, we'd have made Q2 if the gap was still the same this year. All round it's just a mess.

Mikef1 (IP Logged)
09 June, 2018 19:25
Those drivers @#$%& about at the end of the straight should all have penalties. Vettel needed to get through to push his next lap and they completely hampered him. He was on a flying lap and had to swerve multiple times to not crash.

I've never seen anything like it!

Mikef1 (IP Logged)
09 June, 2018 19:27
Quote:
Damon96
Us and Mclaren are really dropping the ball this year, we are@#$%&and they have embarrassed themselves when compared to TR Honda. I wish the team would just say look - it's fundamentally flawed and we won't have a fix till x and we know that we'll be poor every race till then. We just get the odd, we'll be fighting my end of year but no real honesty about what has happened. However if Massa was 1.4 seconds faster than Stroll last year, we'd have made Q2 if the gap was still the same this year. All round it's just a mess.

They have. They have set Germany as the race where the issues our car has will be fixed. It hasn't been reported in the media I believe only Ted Kravitz has mentioned it after I posted the same information.

Mikef1 (IP Logged)
09 June, 2018 19:48
Was this the first time Hamilton has been outqualified by his teammate in Canada?

Gunk (IP Logged)
09 June, 2018 20:06
Quote:
Mikef1
Was this the first time Hamilton has been outqualified by his teammate in Canada?

Have to look it up, but pole is usual for Ham. Bottas is super consistent so far this season and should have had a win already . . . he seems in a good place. Did not expect Ferrari to be strong here or the Honda updates to so effective. My 'play it safe' prediction is way off.

Ihminen (IP Logged)
09 June, 2018 20:11
Quote:
Mikef1

No, Rosberg was first to do that.

Ihminen (IP Logged)
09 June, 2018 21:18
Paddy Lowe, Chief Technical Officer: It was a good job done by the team today with no mistakes. The cars were as balanced as possible and we got the most out of them, but unfortunately the car simply does not have the pace that we need to compete for higher positions, for the same reasons that we have suffered with all year. We will look to see what we can do with the race tomorrow. Thank you to all the fans for the support here, including Lance’s fans at his home Grand Prix, especially those in the Lance Stroll grandstand. We are sorry that we don’t have a better car right now, but we will do what we can to fight in the race on Sunday.

Lance Stroll: I thought there was a bit more in it. I locked up in the last chicane on my best lap and that lost something like two and a half tenths. However, it would not have been enough to get into Q2, and not enough to get another position as we were six tenths off Gasly in P16. Unfortunately, we are not as competitive as we should be, but I am still happy with my first run and my performance. In the race it is a whole other story and I hope the race pace will be better, as last time I started 17th here I finished 9th, so anything is possible. This weekend will be very special as it is my home race, I love the energy and I have a lot of butterflies in a good way.

Sergey Sirotkin: It’s been a very difficult session. We were struggling to understand how to make the tyre work best in the hot conditions that we faced yesterday in FP2, and today in qualifying. This is crucial as you can play around with the car balance a lot but we missed the peak of the tyre completely. I really tried to be positive going into the session as we have been working on improvements and felt we had a better understanding of the car. However, I am quite disappointed we couldn’t fight.

Mikef1 (IP Logged)
09 June, 2018 23:15
Quote:
Gunk
Quote:
Mikef1

Have to look it up, but pole is usual for Ham. Bottas is super consistent so far this season and should have had a win already . . . he seems in a good place. Did not expect Ferrari to be strong here or the Honda updates to so effective. My 'play it safe' prediction is way off.

Bottas would have won China and Baku if not for rotten luck. He certainly has been an awesome driver.

Shame Verstappen is going to wipe him out in turn 1 tomorrow...

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net