Days
Hours
Minutes
Seconds

Eddie Jordan on Williams and McLaren’s ’Season From Hell’
Gunk (IP Logged)
07 July, 2018 13:14
On Channel 4 today. The main points:

2018 is the season from hell . . . where has it gone wrong?

Williams . . . 2 inexperienced pay drivers

They should never have got rid of Massa . . .

There are rumours that Paddy is going to walk

There are rumours that Porsche will buy and save the team, but the Williams name will be gone . . .

>

McLaren . . . shambolic

They don’t appear to have a focus

Sacking Boullier won’t achieve anything

They need a strong Technical TD asap

Alonso is running the team WTF . . . Zak ain’t no Ron or Whitmarsh

Re: Eddie Jordan on Williams and McLaren’s ’Season From Hell’
Mehryar (IP Logged)
07 July, 2018 13:54
Porsche buying into the team? I read somewhere linking them with Williams recently but not a buyout, not to mention the team being gone.
Jordan uses to talk alot of nonsense, if he was right Mercedes should have quit the sport 3 times by now.

http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/1095/mehryarsigyo7.gif

Dylan's Together Through Life Hits The Stores.

Gunk (IP Logged)
07 July, 2018 14:07
Sure . . . he's a sensationalist.

Claire was interviewed by Susie. She did say:

We will solve this with our existing personnel.

There is no way we will ever sell - the family own 52% of the team and it will stay that way.

And she added lots of 'We've turned things around before, we'll do it again.'

ihme (IP Logged)
07 July, 2018 14:13
Quote:
Gunk

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/4d/25/80/4d2580d2150c52e4847499ea975e88b1.jpg

but WHENNNNNN?????????

Ozzy Osbone (IP Logged)
07 July, 2018 14:16
2021. Budget cap. Porsche motor in the back or Merc quit and just sell us engines and knowledge. George Russell in the car and Sirotkin has come good.

ihme (IP Logged)
07 July, 2018 14:20
Quote:
Ozzy Osbone
2021. Budget cap. Porsche motor in the back or Merc quit and just sell us engines and knowledge. George Russell in the car and Sirotkin has come good.

This is no time for jokes man

Gunk (IP Logged)
07 July, 2018 15:21
Quote:
Ozzy Osbone

Merc are serious about Russell. I saw an interview the other day. If Lawrence does buy FI, it will be a B team with Russell I am sure. Merc B was his plan for Williams.

Mind you, I am sure Merc would prefer a B team with Ocon and Russell. Certainly it's one or the other.

It could happen . . . why else is Perez talking to Haas? He is the one that will be squeezed out by Stroll, not a Merc guy.

But it's quite clear Claire will go down with the ship rather than change tack.

Mehryar (IP Logged)
07 July, 2018 16:46
Alot of us were worried about the hole that Pastor's sponsership money was going to create.
It never happened, sponsers kept on comming as soon as we had a proper race car and 2 capable drivers.
Btw, the Ozzy's plan looks half decent atleast.There will be a form of budget cap for sure.there's never been such a big push for it like now.so it will happen, though maybe not the way we dream about but it will certainly happen to a degree & it always helps smaller teams.
Porsche links are more and more everywhere.With RBR-Honda deal being done, there won't be any competition for us to take that works deal.
But still I don't see why people look at Mercedes like it's always on the verge of leaving.Sport is in their DNA.not as much as Ferrari but if anything was strange, it was those decades out of Formula1.They will stay beyond 2021 imo.

Ozzy Osbone (IP Logged)
07 July, 2018 20:43
Yeah, I think they will stay too. Mclaren could be up against us with Porsche. Then there is Aston. How does that fit with Honda? I actually see good synergy for Aston and WHT if they suddenly want electric supercars. What's now in the RBR / Honda deal for Aston? Nothing is what I say. RBR strung Aston along and then ditched them for Honda like the @#$%& they are. Same as Renault.

So, what might be more interesting is a Williams / Aston relationship in the future. All this is subject to rules and regs which we don't understand yet but I believe F1 will head more toward an Indycar model where there can be big, rich teams but on a good weekend, they can be beaten.

Williams Aston Martin. I may be biased as an Englisher pig dog but I very much like the sound of that.

Mehryar (IP Logged)
07 July, 2018 21:12
Aston Martin CEO told last week that with current plans for 2021, they will not join as it will be an arm race for spending millions over a tenth of a second.
They will only join if the plans change dramatically which is highly unlikely.

T-800 Model 101 (IP Logged)
08 July, 2018 00:16
Quote:
Ihminen
Quote:
Gunk

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/4d/25/80/4d2580d2150c52e4847499ea975e88b1.jpg

but WHENNNNNN?????????

When did they turn things around before ???? 20 Years ago ???? (Sm18)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/07/2018 00:19 by T-800 Model 101.

T-800 Model 101 (IP Logged)
08 July, 2018 02:37
20 years of Hell for Williams....Hell Hell Hell (Sm17)

K1 (IP Logged)
08 July, 2018 04:21
Rumors.... where would we be without them, real or imagined? I would doubt whether Porsche would entertain an entry to F1 now. It has been quoted that the three manu's Renault/Mercedes and Ferrari will veto the new regs as they will not ditch the MGU H. Getting rid of the MGU H was a condition of both Porsche and Aston Martin joining F1. These three want to maintain their hegemony at all costs as they are afraid that by ditching it they will face extremely tough competition which would upset the status quo, If that occurs then Liberty will be forever constrained by the manufacturers who, to all intents and purposes, will be running F1, just like hey are now.

Francesc (IP Logged)
08 July, 2018 07:44
Quote:
Mehryar
Aston Martin CEO told last week that with current plans for 2021, they will not join as it will be an arm race for spending millions over a tenth of a second.
They will only join if the plans change dramatically which is highly unlikely.

All of this talk of AM joining F1 in 2021 is simply PR talk as they can't afford to build an engine.

Stu69 (IP Logged)
08 July, 2018 09:25
I don’t think Eddie carry’s much weight these days. More spin and imagination than reality. Yesterday’s man. (And he wears a wig!)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net