Minutes
Seconds

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
Silly Season. Who's Going Where?
Gunk (IP Logged)
08 July, 2018 19:38
Hamilton still hasn't signed.

Some say that's why Ricciardo hasn't signed.

And Bottas hasn't signed either - some say because he wants a 2 year gig this time.

Meanwhile, it looks like some drivers are heading for the exit.

Probable: Grosjean, Hartley, Ericsson, Vandoorne.

Likely: Kimi, Alonso.

That means some new people will be on the grid next year.

Hotly tipped: Norris, Russell, Giovinazzi

With all this fluidity, how do you think Williams will be affected?

And will Kubica ever find a drive?

Re: Silly Season. Who's Going Where?
speed (IP Logged)
08 July, 2018 19:45
Wow! SVD was supposed to be the next big gun, but then so was KMAG. I bet Alonso is like poison. None of the big 3 want him, & those who may want him can't afford him - one way or other (politics, instability he brings). I think he had a huge hand in getting rid of Honda & bringing down Mclaren.

ihme (IP Logged)
08 July, 2018 19:52
No change at Merc.

No change at Red Bull.

Ferrari VET-LEC, if not RAI stays

No change at Renault.

McLaren - ALO and Norris, VAN is horrible this year.

Force India - either no change or Daddy Stroll will buy them and will be OCO-STR.

Williams (sigh) - no change or if Daddy and his kid will be gone then PER-SIR

Haas - if they are serious then GRO will be kicked asap. MAG stays and either LEC there if he wont get a Ferrari seat next year or Giovinazzi (or KUB but its a long shot).

Kubica is probably off to Sauber if Leclerc will go to Ferrari, or to replace Ericsson if his backers will have enough of how slow he is.
Kubica's manager, Alessandro Alunni Bravi got a job at the Saubers's board alongside Frederic Vasseur about a month ago.

so

Sauber - ERI-KUB or GIO-KUB if not Haas

Toro Rosso - GAS-HAR (I think he will stay) otherwise Marko will go for WEH

supa213 (IP Logged)
08 July, 2018 20:04
Quote:
speed
Wow! SVD was supposed to be the next big gun, but then so was KMAG. I bet Alonso is like poison. None of the big 3 want him, & those who may want him can't afford him - one way or other (politics, instability he brings). I think he had a huge hand in getting rid of Honda & bringing down Mclaren.

I can see Ferrari sticking with the same line up and leaving Sauber to build further with Alfa and Leclerc. I don't see why they would want to upset the apple cart with Leclerc potentially being the next superstar. Merc, Red Bull and Renault will probably stay as is although I reckon Haas will get rid of Grosjean.

As for our boys, being the eternal optimist when it comes to Williams (far too long now), something major is going to give like it did in 2013 and I think we will be in better shape next year. I can see Stroll staying with maybe Rowland coming in. I believe internally, Paddy is reviewing each dept to see where the root cause of this bad parts issue is. If they have no clue where the issue is I guess there is no other way than go.through the process multiple times, make the parts and see which ones are/aren't up to scratch. My feeling is that they will have got to the bottom of it by the end of the year.

The only way I can see Kubica coming in is this year and for me that would be a negative as that would tell me the team is really desperate and is doing all it can to create a distraction for sponsors, headlines etc. The longer the team persists in the current, calm approach they are showing in fixing the issues the better.

Mehryar (IP Logged)
08 July, 2018 20:41
Ferrari : Vet - Kimi
Mercedes : Lewis - Bottas
RBR : Max - Daniel
Force India: Stroll - Ocon
Renault: Sainz - Hulk
Williams : Vandoorne(Russell) - Sirotkin
Mclaren : alonso - Norris
STR : Gasly - Tiktum or something like that!
Sauber : Lecrec - Gio
Haas : Kmag - Perez

http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/1095/mehryarsigyo7.gif

Dylan's Together Through Life Hits The Stores.

Stu69 (IP Logged)
08 July, 2018 21:02
Quote:
Mehryar

Laugh my @#$%& off next year is the Stroll juggernaut jumps ship to FI and we get our act together!

Mehryar (IP Logged)
08 July, 2018 21:36
Quote:
Stu69
Quote:
Mehryar

Laugh my @#$%& off next year is the Stroll juggernaut jumps ship to FI and we get our act together!

Wish he was our problem!

http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/1095/mehryarsigyo7.gif

Dylan's Together Through Life Hits The Stores.

Ozzy Osbone (IP Logged)
09 July, 2018 13:34
Anyone wonder if HAM is liking the look of that Ferrari these days? It looks the better car now. In his hands it would be something else. That puts RIC straight in at Merc.

VAN surely has to go. ALO can't have long left and Mclaren will want to bring Norris along for a season or 2.

I wonder if there is a possibility that Merc will want Russel in our car?

T-800 Model 101 (IP Logged)
09 July, 2018 14:16
I know one thing for sure Toto Wolff rates Ricciardo very highly and he also likes him a lot...could Ricciardo go to Merc?

Gunk (IP Logged)
09 July, 2018 14:38
Some interesting suggestions here.

And . . .
Quote:
Kubica's manager, Alessandro Alunni Bravi got a job at the Sauber's board alongside Frederic Vasseur about a month ago.

That's significant of course. But Alfa Sauber is Marchionne's pet project. LeClerc - Giovinazzi must be the most likely. If both Kimi and Grosjean are history, then there might be a vacancy for Kubica.

Giovinazzi has done the odd FP/testing stint for Haas, but Gene Haas is known not to want a rookie in the team.

I am sure Merc will find Russell a seat somewhere. I don't follow F2 that closely, but this is now the third weekend where he has scored big time while Norris hype is evaporating. We also know that Merc found Wehrlein a seat in a non-Merc powered car. So even STR is a possibility . . .

Perez to Haas . . . I can see good reasons for that.

An interesting rumour lately is Kimi to McLaren. This would allow Alonso to go and do an Indy project. Personally, I think Stroll has more chance with McLaren than FI. An FI purchase is apparently quite complex - and maybe the team's assets are vulnerable if the case against VJ ever reaches court. Without full ownership by Lawrence, FI would take Russell over Stroll every time.

Kubica's best shot must be Williams . . . but if the musical chairs played out a certain way and left Perez or Russell hanging, I think he'd lose out.

ihme (IP Logged)
09 July, 2018 15:27
Quote:
Gunk
That's significant of course. But Alfa Sauber is Marchionne's pet project. LeClerc - Giovinazzi must be the most likely. If both Kimi and Grosjean are history, then there might be a vacancy for Kubica.

But the Sauber is still not Ferrari's B(C?) team - they are close to Ferrari but are still largely independant. Ferrari have their golden boy in F1 already and all the focus will be on him now. GIO is nowhere LEC level, not even close - 2nd in F3 in 2015 and 22n in GP2 in 2016 with freaking Prema. Plus he crashed way to much with Haas. I dont think Ferrari will push too hard for his seat in F1, or at all.
Vasseur is no fool and the way Sauber is climbing the ranks now, he will want to have two solid drivers there next year. Ericsson had been in the dark about his 2018 for very, very long time after the last season ended. If he will keep his seat next year it will mean that he has some naked photos of Vasseur or something.

Quote:
Gunk
Giovinazzi has done the odd FP/testing stint for Haas, but Gene Haas is known not to want a rookie in the team.

Yes, I believe they are fed up with rebuilding one of their cars after almost every weekend smiling smiley

Quote:
Gunk
I am sure Merc will find Russell a seat somewhere. I don't follow F2 that closely, but this is now the third weekend where he has scored big time while Norris hype is evaporating. We also know that Merc found Wehrlein a seat in a non-Merc powered car. So even STR is a possibility . . .

Well we will see, depends if they think he is a once in a generation talent like VER and LEC - somehow i doubt that. People tend to overhype drivers from lower categories way too too much. I remember the hype aroud Vandoorne and Wehrlein (people were putting him into Rosberg seat after 1 or 2 lucky races, despite being almost qual to Ericsson, lol (and we know what LEC is doing to him now and its obvious why WEH was dropped). And Vandoorne.... I cant even defend this guy anymore. Overhyped beyond belief.

Quote:
Gunk
An interesting rumour lately is Kimi to McLaren.

This has to be about money for Kimi, no other explaination as to why would he even think of going to McLaren after what they are showing this season. He is no Alonso (remmeber when they were teammates in Ferrari?) and no chance Kimi would drive that McLaren like Alonso is driving now.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/07/2018 15:31 by Ihminen.

Ozzy Osbone (IP Logged)
09 July, 2018 16:00
I don't think there is much hype around Norris which is not deserved. Russell is also very good and let's not forget the cars they each have. Along with Markelov, they are the class of the field at the moment. A stall (common problem with this year's car) and a poor pit stop have hindered Norris. But he is completely the real deal. There is no doubt in my mind that both these two will and deserve to be in F1. Would be good if Markelov could find a seat too.

Gunk (IP Logged)
09 July, 2018 16:45
Quote:
Ozzy Osbone
Would be good if Markelov could find a seat too.

He was talking to Williams at one time about becoming part of their junior programme . . . 2016?

It doesn't look as if he has any SMP sponsorship - can't see anything on his shirt - so maybe a different set of Russian sponsors. Which may help if Sirotkin's cheques dry up.

Mind you, don't we have Rowland waiting in the wings?

Ozzy Osbone (IP Logged)
09 July, 2018 16:54
I would rate ROW, MAR and SIR as all on the same level. If anything, ROW and MAR slightly ahead.

Gunk (IP Logged)
09 July, 2018 17:08
Quote:
Ihminen
This has to be about money for Kimi

I agree . . . it may be irresistible. (For him.) What does he with it all?

Quote:
Yes, I believe they are fed up with rebuilding one of their cars after almost every weekend smiling smiley

I was a big Grosjean fan, but sadly he's regressed. This weekend, crashes in FP and not once but twice in the race . . . unbelievable.

Ozzy Osbone (IP Logged)
09 July, 2018 17:27
Well I guess if you have @#$%& loads of money, your kids are secure forever and your grand kids and so on. That's a nice feeling. So I wouldn't blame anyone for taking a big money deal to drive an F1 car.

ihme (IP Logged)
09 July, 2018 19:03
Quote:
Ozzy Osbone
Well I guess if you have @#$%& loads of money, your kids are secure forever and your grand kids and so on. That's a nice feeling. So I wouldn't blame anyone for taking a big money deal to drive an F1 car.

Hes so loaded already... Would be wise for him to think about his reputation - he was spanked by Alonso in Ferrari when he came from Lotus (that car must have been a real rocketship btw) and now by Vettel.
If he would have been in a horrible Mclaren heaven knows if he would not be beaten even by Vandoorne... Just imagine Kimi in one of the slowest cars and without any passion to drive. Kimi would not do this just because of dealing with the media alone.

Gunk (IP Logged)
09 July, 2018 20:49
Quote:
Ihminen
Quote:
Ozzy Osbone
I wouldn't blame anyone for taking a big money deal to drive an F1 car.

He's so loaded already...

It must be silly money. He was even the highest paid driver in F1 in the year he didn't drive. He took a big money deal not to drive . . . 17m.

Anyway, seems to me it will be Kubica - Sirotkin next year, with an outside chance Russell.

ihme (IP Logged)
09 July, 2018 22:07
Anyone as long as we are not tied to the Strolls anymore and can slowly and in peace prepare for 2021... Yeah we might not be topping the midfield until but it can be worth it in the long run. Might as well put Kubica and his millions in the seat alongside Siro for 2-3 year so he can get his comeback, let him skyrocket our pr score and get some sponsors and allow these two slowly work with our engineers.

Btw I just read Joe Saward's McLaren-Boullier axe story and it seems like it wasnt an axe after all. Boullier was growing frustrated for some time now that he cant do what he did in Lotus - coordinate everything without the need to listen to shareholders and other high ranked people there first. Seems kinda logical.

Would it really be bad if we would take Boullier onboard to do what Claire is doing (or to even help her out) and let Paddy do his work as a TD? Seems like we do need some big change like that at the moment. Not to start axing people but to just hire few key people to help

Ozzy Osbone (IP Logged)
09 July, 2018 22:25
Claire is doing OK. She is getting good people on board. I don't see what Boullier would do differently. Hopefully Claire and Frank have a good relationship and there is a lot of wisdom being passed down. That's how it seems to me. I don't know.

If we do ditch the Strolls there is a hole in the budget but have to say it looks tempting. SIR and KUB would be a solid lineup I think. IF we can afford to stay in racing.

Lance. Agh. I think he has the talent but I don't like his entitled attitude. When does he big up the team? It always seems to be him against Williams. Not sure but I'm going off the guy and he's still screwing up way too often.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net