2018 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix Countdown

Days
Hours
Minutes
Seconds

O/T A feel good story
phatjack (IP Logged)
10 July, 2018 22:44
Am I alone in thinking the rescue of those boys in Thailand supersedes any F1 Teams failure to perform?

I don't expect many replies but wanted to give a shout out to Dr 'Harry' Harris for his tremendous contribution.

"When you talk, you are repeating what you already know. But if you listen, you may learn something new." - Dalai Lama

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/07/2018 22:44 by phatjack.

Re: O/T A feel good story
hemorrhage (IP Logged)
11 July, 2018 00:47
Yeah...... How good if Paddy,Claire,Stroll who else also in that cage.....damn.

T-800 Model 101 (IP Logged)
11 July, 2018 01:43
That cave rescue was just incredible (Sm152)

Ozzy Osbone (IP Logged)
11 July, 2018 08:16
Yes, really good story albeit with the tragic loss of one of the rescuers.

CLOVERLEAF 888 (IP Logged)
11 July, 2018 08:40
Yeah, For sure a great end. Sadly yes a diver was lost before the rescue attempts started for real.

Though and I don't mean no disrespect. How silly of the coach to put them all in that situation. Including crawling through small gaps in the caves and going that far in.

hemorrhage (IP Logged)
11 July, 2018 08:54
Not silly, that is the one activity for player motivation, play as a team, now they have hard time as a team also. The silly is the legend f1 team hire paydriver.

D729RPU (IP Logged)
11 July, 2018 09:05
Quote:
CLOVERLEAF 888
Yeah, For sure a great end. Sadly yes a diver was lost before the rescue attempts started for real.
Though and I don't mean no disrespect. How silly of the coach to put them all in that situation. Including crawling through small gaps in the caves and going that far in.

The coach didn’t lead them in there. He went looking for them after parents had reported the kids missing.

Gunk (IP Logged)
11 July, 2018 10:45
I'm claustrophobic. I wouldn't even walk into a large cave.

i think the guys carrying on after losing one of the team was very courageous.

CLOVERLEAF 888 (IP Logged)
11 July, 2018 16:22
Quote:
D729RPU
Quote:
CLOVERLEAF 888

The coach didn’t lead them in there. He went looking for them after parents had reported the kids missing.

Omg. Really. My bad then. Didn't realise he went in looking for them. .

phatjack (IP Logged)
11 July, 2018 17:24
That's not correct the coach did take them into the cave as a team building exercise. There were reports of charges being laid against the coach but dismissed as he did not intend to harm the children.

D729RPU (IP Logged)
11 July, 2018 21:27
Yeah I’ll take that. Should have done a bit more reading before touting him as a hero. Some sort of initiation ritual.
The world needs good news stories just now.

hemorrhage (IP Logged)
11 July, 2018 22:41
Anothet good story, England n their rude fans finally lose in Worldcup........Go Croatia Go!!

England Fans, Germany coach n Neymar finally got Karma

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net