07 August, 2018 17:48

Re: Stroll-backed consortium saves Force India F1 team
Albi-Quin (IP Logged)
07 August, 2018 18:00
By Lance. Thanks for the cash.

M79 (IP Logged)
07 August, 2018 18:00
Could that mean Kubica or even Ocon in the car at Spa?

EagleF1 (IP Logged)
07 August, 2018 18:06
Either would be positive.

ihme (IP Logged)
07 August, 2018 18:07
Will Perez & Ocon finish this season in Force India or will Lance drive there already in Spa?

Mikef1 (IP Logged)
07 August, 2018 18:08
Doubt any seats will change hands this season,

Mehryar (IP Logged)
07 August, 2018 18:10
Next good thing Papa Stroll can do for us is to take Robert with himself to FIF1.
That leaves Ocon and Perez available, one would finish in our car.

http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/1095/mehryarsigyo7.gif

Dylan's Together Through Life Hits The Stores.

Ozzy Osbone (IP Logged)
07 August, 2018 18:15
Hmmm. Direct swap for Perez? Or Ocon with the Merc benefits? Happy with either. I think we would be better off with Ocon and some help from Merc with engine costs and gearbox etc.

ihme (IP Logged)
07 August, 2018 18:16
I wonder how much power this gives Lawrence? Is it basically his team now and if he wants he can kick Perez and Ocon out and get there another driver that suits his son? Could Merc pressure Stroll to take Ocon on Russel even if Lawrence will buy everything possible for them?

Albi-Quin (IP Logged)
07 August, 2018 18:19
Quote:
Mikef1
Doubt any seats will change hands this season,

If I was running Williams I’d bounce Laurence and Lance out the team now.

Ozzy Osbone (IP Logged)
07 August, 2018 18:21
ihme, he's buying the team for his boy. That's all. The other seat maybe influenced with his 'B team' ideas about Merc. I would think they will want to keep Ocon there if they can't place him with Williams.

That leaves Perez free which is interesting for Williams. This is all short term.

Ozzy Osbone (IP Logged)
07 August, 2018 18:37
I wonder how tenable the Williams / Stroll relationship is going to be for the rest of the season if he stays? It's not going to be comfortable is it? I am tempted to think that Lance may have driven his last race for Williams. At least for now.

ihme (IP Logged)
07 August, 2018 18:43
Quote:
Ozzy Osbone
ihme, he's buying the team for his boy. That's all. The other seat maybe influenced with his 'B team' ideas about Merc. I would think they will want to keep Ocon there if they can't place him with Williams.
That leaves Perez free which is interesting for Williams. This is all short term.

Yeah but whats the point of buying an F1 team and having your kid driving there while being beaten by a guy likely faster and better than Massa? Its like Lawrence is thinking "Son, you are finally looking better than your teammate in Williams so now I will buy you a Force India so you can be destroyed again by Perez/Ocon." LOL

pixel (IP Logged)
07 August, 2018 18:49
I'm not sure it is tenable to have a driver whose Father owns / leads another team.

What happens when Stroll trie to overtake a FI or, more likely this year, one tries to overtake him?

Even if he behaves entirely appropriately and fights for Williams, fans / pundits / sponsors will suspect he isn't.

Untenable.

Albi-Quin (IP Logged)
07 August, 2018 18:55
Quote:
Ozzy Osbone
I wonder how tenable the Williams / Stroll relationship is going to be for the rest of the season if he stays? It's not going to be comfortable is it? I am tempted to think that Lance may have driven his last race for Williams. At least for now.

Me. I’d f**k them both out of the door!

Mikef1 (IP Logged)
07 August, 2018 19:06
Depends on the contract. We can't oust Stroll jr. Probably not without losing millions. It will have to come from the Strolls. They would have to be prepared to @#$%& of Mercedes or Perez and give them millions too.

ihme (IP Logged)
07 August, 2018 19:15
Anyways the situation will be tense now in our team.

Lance who didnt care much previously will probably not give a single @#$%& now.

andy si (IP Logged)
07 August, 2018 19:19
If we are taking on more Merc technology... I'd say pick up Ocon.

But I'd still like to see what Robert can do in this racecar.
Does he have what it takes and also improve Williams performance?

ihme (IP Logged)
07 August, 2018 19:32
So guys do we think that when the news about Lawrence paying Force India's staff salaries broke few weeks ago did Stroll was positive back then that he will own the team and it was basically just a matter of time for him?

Nuvolari (IP Logged)
07 August, 2018 20:08
Am I really the only one who thinks Williams are the big losers in this whole situation? Millions of dollars just left Grove and have entered FI’s building. Of course this means Lance Stroll will leave. But the terrible performance this year is 90% Williams failt.

Apparently the exit of Lance Stroll makes you guys happier than the financial future of this team....

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net