Hours
Minutes
Seconds

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Is it just me
T-800 Model 101 (IP Logged)
02 September, 2018 14:29
Or is Lewis Hamilton a better driver than Sebastian Vettel?

Re: Is it just me
Ozzy Osbone (IP Logged)
02 September, 2018 15:13
No, it's not just you. Yes, he is. Topped out all time pole list. Ahead of Senna, Prost, Mansell etc. Wins. 68 to MSC 91. That's going to go too. Yes, he has his off days but Vettel sometimes just throws things away. Like today. Stupid. He had the faster car. Should have conceded the corner and got back in the race. Hamilton stole that race today. Not a single mistake. VET got red mist and Kimi destroyed his tyres.

Textbook win by Hamilton on a track where Ferrari held all the cards. I know he's got 2 more years with Merc but I wouldn't be surprised to see him replace VET at Ferrari for his swan song in 2021. Would be fitting.

Mehryar (IP Logged)
02 September, 2018 15:49
No, it's not only you.Seb is throwing away the title for second year in a row with his own mistakes.I don't know how many more chances should a driver have to win it! He melts with pressure, makes too many mistakes.
On the other hand, Lewis is doing a brilliant job.There were occasions in 2015 and 2016 when he was not really focused, but it was just a case of missing a few tenths, still not making any mistakes.Tbh I can't recall the last mistake he made in a race.This fit can only be rivaled with Alonso.also his off days are long gone and he is super fast everywhere.

Makes me wonder where Ferrari was in standings if Fernando was in that car.probably he had a 30, 40 lead on Lewis by now.wasted chance for him & also Ferrari.

http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/1095/mehryarsigyo7.gif

Dylan's Together Through Life Hits The Stores.

CLOVERLEAF 888 (IP Logged)
02 September, 2018 17:12
Agreed. Vettel is not at the same level. Hes a bit too inconsistent. I think Hamilton puts the pressure on and he makes mistakes. Still up there though as one of the best.

Gunk (IP Logged)
02 September, 2018 19:40
That was kinda silly today. You don't win races on the first lap. As far as I could see there was space on the left, but yes, just backing out would have been good too.

Damon96 (IP Logged)
02 September, 2018 20:32
Vettel is cracking under pressure, happened in 2010 but he got away with it. He lost it last year and threw it away, seems he is doing it again. To be fair Schumacher was the same in 94 and 97, he just had a car that was completely dominant in the early 2000's so didn't have the same pressures back.

Ozzy Osbone (IP Logged)
02 September, 2018 22:47
I can't believe VET is still blaming HAM for his crash. HAM went right around the outside and right on the limit of the track. No squeeze at all. It was VET that understeered into HAM. OK. Fair enough but racing incident surely. Or VET's fault. Nothing to do with HAM who gave him plenty of racing room.

Is this where VET starts to fall apart again or can he get this back?

If VET had any brains he would have backed out of that and waited for DRS. HAM was obviously going to go do or die on a circuit he felt favored Ferrari.

Maybe a key, championship losing moment for VET again.

Mercedes totally stole this one. Good job by Williams too. Happy days to see us not being mugged all the time.

dot_com (IP Logged)
03 September, 2018 02:46
Gotta agree with this. I think Lewis is overall better than Seb. Especially this year, Lewis really seems to be on another level, and Seb is showing some of the immaturity that characterized his earlier career. Im just really glad that this year has a decent fight between the two!

03 September, 2018 05:36
Quote:
Ozzy Osbone
I can't believe VET is still blaming HAM for his crash. HAM went right around the outside and right on the limit of the track. No squeeze at all. It was VET that understeered into HAM. OK. Fair enough but racing incident surely. Or VET's fault. Nothing to do with HAM who gave him plenty of racing room.
Is this where VET starts to fall apart again or can he get this back?

If VET had any brains he would have backed out of that and waited for DRS. HAM was obviously going to go do or die on a circuit he felt favored Ferrari.

Maybe a key, championship losing moment for VET again.

Mercedes totally stole this one. Good job by Williams too. Happy days to see us not being mugged all the time.

100% agree with this.

03 September, 2018 08:03
It is amazing that Hamilton might beat Michael Schumacher''s records, I thought they would never be beat.

Gunk (IP Logged)
03 September, 2018 10:28
Quote:
T-800 Model 101
It is amazing that Hamilton might beat Michael Schumacher''s records, I thought they would never be beat.

Yes, astonishing. He also has more gold bracelets, tattoos, ex-girlfriends and silly dogs than anyone else in the history of F1.

But back to your thread title, 'Is it just me?'. Evidently not. Today's media suggests everyone from Saward to Rosberg appears to think Seb was the architect of his own misfortune, racing incident or no.

Ozzy Osbone (IP Logged)
03 September, 2018 13:07
Rosberg made a good comment about just not messing up to beat Lewis and I think that is correct. You can't miss anything. Nico only won due to reliability issues but for many years, HAM is just there. He's a bit like MSC for that. Annoying if you don't like him. But he's just so damned good and he's cut out the errors. VET has not. He gets the red mist too soon.

VET did not need to win this race at turn 4 on lap 1 of this event. It was really stupid and we've seen it before.

ihme (IP Logged)
03 September, 2018 13:29
Quote:
Ozzy Osbone
Nico only won due to reliability issues

For real, does anyone else is taking about HAM only winning 2008 because he got incredibly lucky with the rain or because Glock basically gave it to him? No. They count that as a genuine WDC. And so should be Rosberg's ffs.

i'm so sick and tired about people complaining about Rosberg's WDC all the time. He was closer to your Hammy than Bottas ever will be because he was more complete driver than Bottas and as close to Hamilton as anyone can be.

Albi-Quin (IP Logged)
03 September, 2018 14:43
Quote:
Ozzy Osbone
Rosberg made a good comment about just not messing up to beat Lewis and I think that is correct. You can't miss anything. Nico only won due to reliability issues but for many years, HAM is just there. He's a bit like MSC for that. Annoying if you don't like him. But he's just so damned good and he's cut out the errors. VET has not. He gets the red mist too soon.
VET did not need to win this race at turn 4 on lap 1 of this event. It was really stupid and we've seen it before.

Ive always felt that VET is a bloody god driver. But hes not a racer. If hes out in front you cant catch him. If he has to fight against someone then hes mediocre

Darron (IP Logged)
03 September, 2018 15:12
I wonder if Vettel has some issue with his peripheral vision, hes had several side on collisions now and whether its just arrogance but hes always dumbfounded as to why someone has hit him when its his doing.

Ozzy Osbone (IP Logged)
03 September, 2018 16:07
I'm not taking anything away from Rosberg but he won it on reliability. He still had to do the work and be there all the time. That is what he is saying. HAM is relentless. So you have to be relentless too, not throw the odd race away here and there.

Fact is, HAM was faster than ALO, faster than ROS and faster then BOT pretty much all the time in races. You have to work double hard to beat him, even in a better car.

I don't think VET is the guy to do it. He needs a clear car advantage to win most times and occasionally he falls to pieces.

phatjack (IP Logged)
03 September, 2018 16:48
That incident reminds me of Rosberg and Hamilton colliding at the Spanish Grand Prix in 2016. Both brain farts in my opinion.

"When you talk, you are repeating what you already know. But if you listen, you may learn something new." - Dalai Lama

Gunk (IP Logged)
03 September, 2018 16:49
Quote:
Ozzy Osbone
HAM is relentless. So you have to be relentless too, not throw the odd race away here and there.
I don't think VET is the guy to do it. He needs a clear car advantage to win most times and occasionally he falls to pieces.

Well said, Oz. Ham never gives up. Brundle was wittering on about Kimi's tyre management . . . I mean, honestly, he had to pedal like a maniac to keep Lewis behind from the start.

I think one can also see how easy it has been for Vettel by comparison, with Kimi being the road block or tyre guinea pig.

A.Fant (IP Logged)
04 September, 2018 05:22
Vettel is Rosberg/Button-tier, not Alonso/Hamilton-tier. That has been clear for quite a while.

04 September, 2018 06:20
Quote:
A.Fant
Vettel is Rosberg/Button-tier, not Alonso/Hamilton-tier. That has been clear for quite a while.

Yep thumbs down

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net