Hours
Minutes
Seconds

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Singapore Friday
Andrew Hooper (IP Logged)
14 September, 2018 07:15
Well here we are getting ready for opening practice in Singapore. Lots of discussions regarding second Williams driver but for me my main worry is whether the team can produce a sort of competitive result as in Italy. Fingers crossed.

Re: Singapore Friday
Gunk (IP Logged)
14 September, 2018 08:42
Quote:
Andrew Hooper
Well here we are getting ready for opening practice in Singapore. Lots of discussions regarding second Williams driver but for me my main worry is whether the team can produce a sort of competitive result as in Italy. Fingers crossed.

I'm hoping Sirotkin will go well here . . . he's shown well on street circuits in the past.

Gunk (IP Logged)
14 September, 2018 08:54
Force India has upgrades here . . . hmmm, seem to be working . . .

tomazy (IP Logged)
14 September, 2018 09:01
Both cars are allready faster or just as fast than last years fastest Q-lap from Williams.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 14/09/2018 09:03 by tomazy.

GPL (IP Logged)
14 September, 2018 09:03
I hope we have got the clever people and design process in place for next years car now.

If Force India can do it then so should we.

Myvatn (IP Logged)
14 September, 2018 09:16
It is still early, but we look well off the pace. Not totally unexpected, considering the high temperatures and the high-downforce nature of the circuit.

ihme (IP Logged)
14 September, 2018 09:23
Quote:
GPL
I hope we have got the clever people and design process in place for next years car now.
If Force India can do it then so should we.

I dont think this holds up anymore.
Force India is still delivering the updates that seems to be working and with that alone they will have a much better understaning of things like bargeboards etc and we cant even test these because they wont work with the rest of our car.
We fired a guy that was our first choice for all things aero.
Force India will have an insane budget for 2019 and they are the best team bang for buck in F1.
Plus they will probably have all the technical help from Mercedes and their wind tunnel data so it will be yet another blow for us.

Myvatn (IP Logged)
14 September, 2018 09:35
Quote:
Autosport live
Lance Stroll is out there with flo-viz all over his rear wing. Williams has certainly been 'greener' than most F1 cars this year.

Well. I really hope the team is moving in the right direction at least...

Gunk (IP Logged)
14 September, 2018 09:42
That Sauber's not a bad car either.

Yes, not looking good . . . not unexpected. Thing here will be to stay out of trouble and capitalise on safety cars.

GPL (IP Logged)
14 September, 2018 09:50
Well we have a new team of people designing the car next year,and at least we know what does not work now 100% that,s got to help LOL.

Anderis (IP Logged)
14 September, 2018 10:07
We are slooooooooooooooooooooooooow.

ihme (IP Logged)
14 September, 2018 10:10
So probably no Ocon for us judging by what Toto just said. And he dont even want to release him for others but he sees him in their teem in the future. I dont get this. Wolff seemed pretty angry.

The mentioned interview - [streamable.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 14/09/2018 10:25 by ihme.

Mehryar (IP Logged)
14 September, 2018 10:34
It simply doesn't point to us at all.In July he had 2 contracts on the table and probably they were from Mclaren and Renault as all expect them to be.

http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/1095/mehryarsigyo7.gif

Dylan's Together Through Life Hits The Stores.

GPL (IP Logged)
14 September, 2018 10:38
Pot calling the kettle black me thinks.

I would say just because he cannot get his own way.

This guy is cut from the same cloth as Hamilton FALSE.

Gunk (IP Logged)
14 September, 2018 10:38
Quote:
GPL
Well we have a new team of people designing the car next year,and at least we know what does not work now 100% that,s got to help LOL.

In a recent interview, Claire has alluded to design processes being at fault and they were there in 2016 and 2017.

ihme (IP Logged)
14 September, 2018 10:46
Quote:
Mehryar
It simply doesn't point to us at all.In July he had 2 contracts on the table and probably they were from Mclaren and Renault as all expect them to be.

The phrase "Not every kid is gonna end up in cars, and Estebean is probably one of them" I think points to us.

Gunk (IP Logged)
14 September, 2018 11:01
Quote:
Mehryar

I believe Toto himself said going to Williams would be a regressive step - fair enough.

But, when challenged by Brundle, he says he would not release Ocon from his Mercedes contract 'in a million years.' Impasse.

williams4284 (IP Logged)
14 September, 2018 11:14
Its not a step back for sure. We have a history of rebounding back from awful seasons. Also it always good to be racing rather than staying on the sidelines.

GPL (IP Logged)
14 September, 2018 11:56
Quote:
Gunk
Quote:
GPL

In a recent interview, Claire has alluded to design processes being at fault and they were there in 2016 and 2017.

thumbs down

Mikef1 (IP Logged)
14 September, 2018 12:05
I think they will put Ocon in any seat possible for 1 year now and sack bottas next year. Despite Bottas doing a good job it's fair to say that Ocon is Mercedes future. Bottas has done the job Mercedes has needed him to and it's awkward that he's a fast driver now because Ocon would be at the same level. Hamilton is untouchable. If I were Bottas I'd be on the phone to Renault and McLaren next year.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net