Minutes
Seconds

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Re: Robert Kubica 2019 Williams Racing Driver
Mehryar (IP Logged)
25 November, 2018 08:22
Paddy has proved his points already.
Williams has a point to prove it has the right tools and resources to make top use their talents.

http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/1095/mehryarsigyo7.gif

Dylan's Together Through Life Hits The Stores.

Mikef1 (IP Logged)
25 November, 2018 11:04
Quote:
Mehryar
Paddy has proved his points already.
Williams has a point to prove it has the right tools and resources to make top use their talents.

Agreed. The onus is not on the individual, but for the team to rise to the challenge. To modernise, to work smarter, and ensure the tools are in place to climb from the bottom.

Sweeper (IP Logged)
25 November, 2018 12:38
Apologies, guys, but you completely miss the point.

Once you decide to take on a leadership role you are accountable for all the team failures and give credit for the achievements to the team. Period. You have the responsibility to build, change and maintain the team - it’s up to you how you do that, but when all is said and done, you are the one accountable for the result.

From Robert’s last interview: „Last year the experience was neglected. Williams was fifth power in 2017, and they thought they would be fourth now.” „I can’t drag this all by myself, you need people to talk to and have people who believe in this project. One of the main topics before signing the contract was the technical development. I wanted to know, who I would be working with, as this work should start during the tests already”.

I would be happy if Paddy delivers, but the fact is that in Williams he has shown nothing yet. If the next car is not decent enough at the testing he will be gone, and another year will be lost. It is really as simple as that.

Mehryar (IP Logged)
25 November, 2018 16:28
You are missing the point.
Paddy has shown the world he can perform as a technical director in a correctly managed teams.Mclaren & Mercedes.
Bigger decisions which affect how much resources and money can go into the team, are made by other guys, not a TD.
The fact is he, like Pat years, is actually the only first level thing we have in our team as he has shown it else where.

http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/1095/mehryarsigyo7.gif

Dylan's Together Through Life Hits The Stores.

ihme (IP Logged)
25 November, 2018 17:21
Well it's now on Paddy to deliver next year. He wont get a third chance imho.

Rosberg (IP Logged)
25 November, 2018 22:07
Hello, do we know if Robert will be testing for Williams on Tuesday / Wednesday?

I also heard that he's hoping to get #4 instead of #40 for his car in 2019.

siwy_dymek (IP Logged)
26 November, 2018 07:10
Quote:
Sweeper
Apologies, guys, but you completely miss the point.
Once you decide to take on a leadership role you are accountable for all the team failures and give credit for the achievements to the team. Period. You have the responsibility to build, change and maintain the team - it’s up to you how you do that, but when all is said and done, you are the one accountable for the result.

From Robert’s last interview: „Last year the experience was neglected. Williams was fifth power in 2017, and they thought they would be fourth now.” „I can’t drag this all by myself, you need people to talk to and have people who believe in this project. One of the main topics before signing the contract was the technical development. I wanted to know, who I would be working with, as this work should start during the tests already”.

I would be happy if Paddy delivers, but the fact is that in Williams he has shown nothing yet. If the next car is not decent enough at the testing he will be gone, and another year will be lost. It is really as simple as that.

You forgot about the further part of Robert's speech. He said he still does not know who he will work with, even though he has asked them several times. He thinks this is important because he does not know who to pass the information to. Robert hopes he will find out for tire tests.

Check where Renault was before Kubica came and where it was how their cooperation evolved.

Robert has one important principle, which you can see in what he does and says about it himself: he does not get involved in something that he can not fulfill, he must be 100% sure what he is doing. In the past, he rejected the seat at the Citroen WRC because he did not know who would be his pilot, and without the pilot he could not guarantee the results - he did not sign the contract at the end. Currently, his hand and time is like this pilot, and the contract with Williams signed.
Robert also said he was not going back to F1 just to go miles - he wants to do something more. You have to give him some time and trust, let Williams try to listen to his comments - it's good to remember the story with Sirotkin belts (Robert already in Abu Dhabi said that they have bad fixings, but nobody listened, and Sirotkin said they are OK) .

As for Robert's hand movements, a good illustration of the comparison:
[www.youtube.com]

It will be fine!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 26/11/2018 07:11 by siwy_dymek.

andy si (IP Logged)
26 November, 2018 18:47
Personally I find Robert as a constant motivator and the guy that goes.. why are we not trying this out and I think this way will be faster. And then he goes and pulls out extra 3 tenths out of the setup...

His will to succeed might rub well on the team that went too long without success or that go fast guy in the cockpit.. don't know how Russell will behave in comparison, but he might just turn out to be the next Hamilton. In that case.. he better have a bulletproof contract or Williams have to start building leading cars again.

I dare say... it's up to Williams to make it happen again!

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net