Latest news:

2019 Belgian Grand Prix Countdown

Days
Hours
Minutes
Seconds

Current Page: 28 of 32
Re: News and Stuff!
j-s 16 April, 2019 17:12
Happy birthday to SFW. Legend. Privileged to be a fan of this team.

Re: News and Stuff!
andy si 19 April, 2019 00:02
Quote:
Andrew Hooper
If Mercedes and or Ferrari pulled out of F1 that would pretty well be the end of things.
Everyone is so closely tied to these big two and the engines are so complicated that no other manufacturer let alone engine developer would be interested to enter into developing a new engine.

Explains why the likes of Audi and Porsche have gone into Formula E.

F1 really seems quite happy to back itself into a corner that they can't get out of until its too late.

And in there lies the problem that needs fixing!
Too elitist rules with just the 2 manufacturers in the sandbox.
I still blame Bernie.. it was his show while that happened.

The threshold point is reached in my opinion with McLaren producing a race distance battery pack for FE.
Either F1 changes ultra fast concept wise in F1 to be able to merge with FE at some point.. or the participants will start leaving the petrol circus all together.. leaving Ferrari and maybe Merc as well in a 2 car battle on the track. And who will pay for that?!

Who knows if Hamilton has the last 2 seasons of F1 available to become the all-time great, before F1 stops as it is all together?!
Norway has just become the first country in the world to sell more electric cars then internal combustion ones per month. And the trend will keep rising.

Re: News and Stuff!
Ozzy Osbone 19 April, 2019 16:40
Andy, I don't think many people see what is coming. The end of ICE car production is very near. My next car will not be a Merc 320 V6 as I have now. It will be a Model S. There is simply no comparison and the only thing I will miss is the grumble of the V6. But it will save me a fortune, especially once my 10KW PV panels are up and working.

I don't know where that leaves F1. Yes, it's still going to be a spectacle but what racing series ever survived using yesterday's tech? F1 is supposed to the pinnacle. It's already yesterday's news.

Re: News and Stuff!
speed 19 April, 2019 19:59
I don't know if this will make engines simpler or complicate them further but make the next engine rules should be to have the current V6 mated with the FE battery.

Re: News and Stuff!
SydneyF1Fan 19 April, 2019 22:31
Quote:
Ozzy Osbone
I don't know where that leaves F1. Yes, it's still going to be a spectacle but what racing series ever survived using yesterday's tech? F1 is supposed to the pinnacle. It's already yesterday's news.

Horse racing?

I totally agree that we'll all be driving electric cars sooner than we know it. However, I've tried, but really can't get into Formula E with their whining engines. It just looks like Scalextric toy car racing.

Although I wasn't too fussed about losing some engine noise in the move to hybrids, there's something about the best drivers in the world manhandling these powerful machines that the raw engine noise makes you appreciate, which is lost in FE.

Perhaps it's the equivalent of manhandling a thoroughbred horse around a race track?

I'm sure that FE will grow in popularity, but don't think I'll be following the trend. At least I'll get some sleep back and save lots of money if F1 disappears!



http://i807.photobucket.com/albums/yy358/SydneyF1Fan/SydneyF1FanSignatureWinner-v3.gif

Re: News and Stuff!
Ozzy Osbone 21 April, 2019 02:59
That's a good example and also not a good one as you can't 'develop' a horse that much. A racehorse from the 50's looks much like a racehorse from today. An F1 car is vastly different.

Re: News and Stuff!
boro1986willliamsf1 21 April, 2019 07:18
I've tried to watch FE yes the racing is interesting but the whine of the engine/motor is horrible the design of the cars is ok if just doesn't get my pulse racing like F1 does



100% Williams
WILL SUPPORT WILLIAMS AS LONG AS THEY HAVE A TEAM

Re: News and Stuff!
CLOVERLEAF 888 21 April, 2019 09:21
It's the whine too, that stops me watching.. It goes right through me. Why can't they have noise generators to simulate an engine noise at least to drown out the whine. It might help

Re: News and Stuff!
Mr Brooksy 21 April, 2019 10:23
Formula E is just mind numbingly slow!

Re: News and Stuff!
CLOVERLEAF 888 23 April, 2019 14:09
Be interesting to see how our car goes at Baku. Wasn't it the track that just seemed to mask our car problems last year? Could we get some points?

Re: News and Stuff!
Mehryar 23 April, 2019 18:01
George says we will have some new bits which IF work as plan, can gain larger in comapre with other teams.
Though he was so pessimist on that IF.



http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/1095/mehryarsigyo7.gif

Re: News and Stuff!
Polemik 29 April, 2019 21:49
Williams will be compensated for Russell smash

[www.gpfans.com]

Re: News and Stuff!
IanSmithISA 30 April, 2019 06:07
Good morning,

I find that kind of sad. :-(

I appreciate that Haas received compensation for a similar incident in Sepang but motor sport always used to be based on the idea that you chose to go racing and whatever happens tough luck.

To me by asking for compensation Williams reinforces the idea that they are no longer really a racing team first and foremost but a business that competes in races.

Smashing up cars is part and parcel of F1 and to allocate blame is against the spirit of the sport, isn't it?

You can always find someone to pin the blame on in a accident, the curbs were too high, he reversed into me without looking, he's young and just made a dumb move.

I can see a case perhaps for incidents such as when Vettel deliberately drove into Hamilton could have compensation attached if there was a real loss.

Should Williams compensate the organisers for damage done to the barriers when Kubica made a mistake and crashed into them?

Bye

Ian

Re: News and Stuff!
Williams-123 30 April, 2019 07:34
Quote:
IanSmithISA
Good morning,
I find that kind of sad. :-(

I appreciate that Haas received compensation for a similar incident in Sepang but motor sport always used to be based on the idea that you chose to go racing and whatever happens tough luck.

To me by asking for compensation Williams reinforces the idea that they are no longer really a racing team first and foremost but a business that competes in races.

Smashing up cars is part and parcel of F1 and to allocate blame is against the spirit of the sport, isn't it?

You can always find someone to pin the blame on in a accident, the curbs were too high, he reversed into me without looking, he's young and just made a dumb move.

I can see a case perhaps for incidents such as when Vettel deliberately drove into Hamilton could have compensation attached if there was a real loss.

Should Williams compensate the organisers for damage done to the barriers when Kubica made a mistake and crashed into them?

Bye

Ian

Good post Ian I 100% agree with this.

Re: News and Stuff!
Williams-123 30 April, 2019 07:39
Makes you wonder if the man hole incident happened to the Mercedes or Ferrari team would have they asked for compensation like Williams are doing or would have Mercedes & Ferrari just copped it and got on with racing?

Re: News and Stuff!
CLOVERLEAF 888 30 April, 2019 09:23
I don't think in today's F1 where every F1 part costs silly money, any team is going to walk away and say nothing. That is why the track organisers have insurance. As for cars crashing into barriers that is a known and accepted risk of the track organisers. They know it could happen. At the end of the day, the manhole cover failed and I would be more interested if the Fia are going to look into it more deeply. It could be that these have to be welded down as well as bolted maybe? We were lucky nobody got hurt by the flying metal piece.

Re: News and Stuff!
Williams-123 30 April, 2019 10:58
Anyways I need some mint Lollies because just hearing the word compensate leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

Re: News and Stuff!
phatjack 30 April, 2019 11:26
It's nothing new from memory, Button, Montoya and Barichello had similar fates. Seems the flowers with an apology to Claire weren't enough.

Re: News and Stuff!
CLOVERLEAF 888 30 April, 2019 13:05
Quote:
Williams-123
Anyways I need some mint Lollies because just hearing the word compensate leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

That's just the way of the world now I'm afraid. We have got into this compensation culture because money is involved and others can make money from this too seeking compensation for others. This of course then leads to some individuals making false claims and we also end up with a society that accepts no blame for their own actions but seeks to blame others and make a financial gain from it.

That's the main problem. People seem incapable of putting the blame of themselves. It's always someone else's fault. That's not to say they are not legitimate cases worthy of compensation I should add.

Re: News and Stuff!
Williams-123 30 April, 2019 13:46
Quote:
CLOVERLEAF 888
Quote:
Williams-123
Anyways I need some mint Lollies because just hearing the word compensate leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

That's just the way of the world now I'm afraid. We have got into this compensation culture because money is involved and others can make money from this too seeking compensation for others. This of course then leads to some individuals making false claims and we also end up with a society that accepts no blame for their own actions but seeks to blame others and make a financial gain from it.

That's the main problem. People seem incapable of putting the blame of themselves. It's always someone else's fault. That's not to say they are not legitimate cases worthy of compensation I should add.

Yep I agree with this...Some people just give compensation a bad name.

Current Page: 28 of 32

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net