Re: News and Stuff!
phatjack 04 May, 2019 17:54
Quote:
Ozzy Osbone
Quote:
phatjack
Quote:
Ozzy Osbone
Acts of God are not covered by most policies as most people know. Also War, pestilence etc.
I would imagine that neither the track or the teams would be able to insure against the consequences of driver or component failure during a session but I am sure they will have insurance against failures of the infrastructure (such as drain covers). They will also have a hefty public liability policy.

I liken this to GR and RK being instructed to keep of the curbs. You never know when it can bite you on the rear.

I would bet Williams understands acts of God mean different things depending on which side of the pond you call home?

Not sure what point you are trying to make buddy. Anyway, Baku are paying up for trashing our car. All sorted.

As far as I am aware the instruction to keep off the curbs was because a multi million pound company didn't have any spare bits in case some got broken. Deeply embarrassing but it is what it is. I hope Patrick Head is in there reading the riot act as we speak.

Well there should be no excuse for this million pound company to instruct their drivers to keep of the kerbs.

AlanJones 05 May, 2019 18:28
Quote:
phatjack
Quote:
Ozzy Osbone
Quote:
phatjack
Quote:
Ozzy Osbone
Acts of God are not covered by most policies as most people know. Also War, pestilence etc.
I would imagine that neither the track or the teams would be able to insure against the consequences of driver or component failure during a session but I am sure they will have insurance against failures of the infrastructure (such as drain covers). They will also have a hefty public liability policy.

I liken this to GR and RK being instructed to keep of the curbs. You never know when it can bite you on the rear.

I would bet Williams understands acts of God mean different things depending on which side of the pond you call home?

Not sure what point you are trying to make buddy. Anyway, Baku are paying up for trashing our car. All sorted.

As far as I am aware the instruction to keep off the curbs was because a multi million pound company didn't have any spare bits in case some got broken. Deeply embarrassing but it is what it is. I hope Patrick Head is in there reading the riot act as we speak.

Well there should be no excuse for this million pound company to instruct their drivers to keep of the kerbs.

Well there is. So what's the problem?

http://oi60.tinypic.com/24eyh6f.jpg

GPL 06 May, 2019 09:48
I read the other day Merc are spending over £400 million this year geez.

THE SOONER THIS PRICE CAP STARTS THE BETTER F1 WILL BECOME AGAIN

Williams-123 06 May, 2019 11:59
Quote:
GPL

£400 million eye popping smiley

Williams-123 06 May, 2019 12:02
Quote:
GPL

£400 million.....Wow just had to post this smiley again at that....£400 million eye popping smiley

I guess spending that kinda money buys you... What is it 6 WCC & 6 WDC in a row.

Merc have basically spent big and bought themselves 6 world championships in a row.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/05/2019 12:05 by Williams-123.

Stu69 10 May, 2019 12:45
Come the price cap will they continue in the sport if they get beaten by a lesser team?

Mehryar 10 May, 2019 23:48
Russell And Kubica swap chassis for Spanish GP

Finally...excuses are gone now...though if there was any!

http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/1095/mehryarsigyo7.gif

Mikef1 11 May, 2019 09:15
Quote:
Stu69
Come the price cap will they continue in the sport if they get beaten by a lesser team?

Of course, and they will continue to be great because there will be a way to beat the budget cap

Williams-123 11 May, 2019 09:33
Quote:
Mikef1
Quote:
Stu69

Of course, and they will continue to be great because there will be a way to beat the budget cap

Yep even with this budget cap coming in the mighty Mercedes team will still have an advantage over teams like Toro Rosso and Williams.

I see this budget cap thing being a big fail because even with the budget cap teams like Mercedes and Ferrari will still be at the front.

(Sm17)(Sm17)(Sm17)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/05/2019 09:36 by Williams-123.

Anderis 11 May, 2019 10:19
Quote:
Williams-123
I see this budget cap thing being a big fail because even with the budget cap teams like Mercedes and Ferrari will still be at the front.

(Sm17)(Sm17)(Sm17)
Budget cap is not about pushing Mercedes and Ferrari to the back of the grid, it's about reducing the magnitude of advantage they have over the rest of the teams.

Williams-123 11 May, 2019 10:31
Quote:
Anderis
Quote:
Williams-123

(Sm17)(Sm17)(Sm17)
Budget cap is not about pushing Mercedes and Ferrari to the back of the grid, it's about reducing the magnitude of advantage they have over the rest of the teams.

I think it should be about pushing Mercedes and Ferrari to the back of the pack and make it so teams like Toro Rosso, Williams and Haas are the benchmark and at the front of the grid.

In 2021 the budget cap should have Williams a full 1 second a lap faster than Mercedes and Ferrari or else the budget cap has not worked.

Williams-123 11 May, 2019 10:33
Maybe my above post is wishful thinking...Maybe (Sm13)

Damon96 11 May, 2019 13:49
[www.autosport.com]

So is this a money thing or is something else going on within the team?

Stu69 11 May, 2019 15:08
Quote:
Damon96
https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/143305/williams-wont-chase-new-tech-signings-for-recovery

Yea I just saw that. Well you can kind of see where Claire is coming from. If you arenít extracting the most from your current staff then recruiting more is not a great idea. Plus they had their fingers burnt with Paddy. Good decision in the short term to steady the existing ship. Then once steady it would be ok to add some more. Hopefully not a budget thing but a business thing.

phatjack 11 May, 2019 17:12
Builds huge confidence in those back at Grove with that attitude? Why not just promote the cleaning lady to TD and be done with all we cleared the backlog and are now ready race?

Stu69 11 May, 2019 19:10
Quote:
phatjack
Builds huge confidence in those back at Grove with that attitude? Why not just promote the cleaning lady to TD and be done with all we cleared the backlog and are now ready race?

Well we gave the bar tender from the Irish Pub the job so why not??

Stu69 11 May, 2019 19:20
I think you should get $10 million for coming last and $0 million for coming first in each race. Fund the back of the pack and dont fund the guys at the front who donít need the prize money as the are manufacturer backed.

an.jo 11 May, 2019 19:40
Quote:
Damon96
https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/143305/williams-wont-chase-new-tech-signings-for-recovery

The headline is misleading [shocking!]. I question Claire Williams leadership of the team in general, but the point she is making here should be non-controversial:

Quote:
There's no point in thinking that just bringing in some people from outside is going to fix the problems that we've got inside our business at the moment, which is the big piece of work that's been ongoing since testing. That takes some time obviously to work out.

You don't want to make rash decisions and jump in and make mistakes.

It's actually about focusing on the resource we have internally for us at the moment.

Until the team's structural issues are addressed, a prequisite to understanding where the technical deficiencies lie, there really is no point in chasing new technical personnel.

Anderis 11 May, 2019 20:04
Quote:
Stu69
I think you should get $10 million for coming last and $0 million for coming first in each race. Fund the back of the pack and dont fund the guys at the front who donít need the prize money as the are manufacturer backed.
Sorry, but that would make the races pretty farcical. We could see several teams trying to finish last intentionally.

Stu69 11 May, 2019 20:25
Quote:
Anderis
Quote:
Stu69
Sorry, but that would make the races pretty farcical. We could see several teams trying to finish last intentionally.

Only the rubbish ones! We could fit a low ratio into the gearbox!! Actually I think we already have!!

Current Page: 30 of 32

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net