Seconds

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Re: 2019
ihme (IP Logged)
29 November, 2018 15:42
Quote:
Mikef1
Pretty sure they use the red bull gearboxes?

Sorry it's was bad wording from my side. I was talking about this: "STR will have the same Newey rear end as RBR, half the battle." I understood this as Toro Rosso having/copying RB rear aero and internals which I dont think is corrent.

Gunk (IP Logged)
29 November, 2018 16:09
Quote:
ihme
Quote:
Mikef1
Pretty sure they use the red bull gearboxes?

Sorry it's was bad wording from my side. I was talking about this: "STR will have the same Newey rear end as RBR, half the battle." I understood this as Toro Rosso having/copying RB rear aero and internals which I dont think is corrent.

Won't the Honda gearboxes be the same? And the same engine layout dictates aero to an extent . . . maybe? But I'm sure I have read they will be sharing. Could be misinfo of course.

Williams-123 (IP Logged)
29 November, 2018 17:02
Something I have been thinking really hard about guys, everyone seems to think that the Renault engine is really bad so if it is how in the hell was Red Bull getting wins and podiums in the second half of the 2018 season with a Renault engine?

It really must not be a bad engine with results that Red Bull were getting with it.

I know the Red Bull chassis is very good but sometimes they were beating the factory Mercedes and factory Ferrari teams while using the Renault engine.

Are we all underestimating the Renault engine seeing the results Red Bull got with it in the second half of 2018?

Ozzy Osbone (IP Logged)
29 November, 2018 17:08
I doubt it's that bad. RBR always build very efficient cars. It shows the poor job Renault and Mclaren have done on their chassis.

I think tyre management has been crucial this year. I also wonder if the RBR has less drag and is therefore more fuel efficient?

Who knows but you have to say, the RBR has not been so far off in the latter part of the season.

Mehryar (IP Logged)
29 November, 2018 17:13
I think their biggest problems were reliability and also not the performance gain that Ferrari and Mercedes can unlock in Quali mode.In race conditions they were "abit" closer.

http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/1095/mehryarsigyo7.gif

Dylan's Together Through Life Hits The Stores.

Gunk (IP Logged)
29 November, 2018 17:26
Quote:
Mehryar
I think their biggest problems were reliability and also not the performance gain that Ferrari and Mercedes can unlock in Quali mode.In race conditions they were "abit" closer.

About reliability . . . Renault and RBR were not using the same spec engine in many cases . . . the more powerful one was less reliable. What did Ricciardo end up with, 8 DNF?

Renault makes a big thing of giving customers equal power - unlike Ferrari and Merc - so one can assume the McLaren chassis was pretty awful.

Mehryar (IP Logged)
29 November, 2018 19:24
Or maybe it could be the design of the car, cooling, or those kindda stuff which lead to more reliability issue for them...After all, Newey is not stranger to such designs...MP4/18 and early races of MP4/19 had the same problems.

Ozzy Osbone (IP Logged)
30 November, 2018 06:57
Yes, that's true. It's been pretty clear that we haven't been running the Merc at anywhere near what the factory team can do and that has to be cooling or if we are running it flat out then just too much drag.

Williams-123 (IP Logged)
01 December, 2018 10:02
Quote:
Mehryar

Will the Honda engine have the same quali performance as Ferrari and Mercedes next year?

Mehryar (IP Logged)
01 December, 2018 10:23
There was no refrence to Honda in that post but if an engine supplier fails to deliver year after year, It's normal to risk it with a new supplier.

phatjack (IP Logged)
01 December, 2018 13:06
Quote:
Williams-123
Something I have been thinking really hard about guys, everyone seems to think that the Renault engine is really bad so if it is how in the hell was Red Bull getting wins and podiums in the second half of the 2018 season with a Renault engine?
It really must not be a bad engine with results that Red Bull were getting with it.

I know the Red Bull chassis is very good but sometimes they were beating the factory Mercedes and factory Ferrari teams while using the Renault engine.

Are we all underestimating the Renault engine seeing the results Red Bull got with it in the second half of 2018?

12 failures due to reliability issues doesn't help. But yeah Verstappen deserves much credit for coming second in points scoring after the summer break.

Welcome back mate!

Williams-123 (IP Logged)
01 December, 2018 13:41
Quote:
phatjack
Welcome back mate!

(Sm11)

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net