Hours
Minutes
Seconds

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Re: Formula E - Anyone Following?
CLOVERLEAF 888 (IP Logged)
06 December, 2018 16:57
Also CLOVERLEAF don't you think they just look plain slow? They look very slow to me compared to a F1 car.

Yeah I do. They just don't have any sense of speed to them

I do wonder though if they simply couldn't show any more speed as they needed the battery to last at least half way through a race. ?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/12/2018 16:58 by CLOVERLEAF 888.

Gunk (IP Logged)
06 December, 2018 18:37
Quote:
Andrew Hooper
This years cars will be a lot more interesting to watch, that's if I can find a place to watch them apart from pay tv.

Well, it does seem that FE is not doing a great job here in terms of accessibility.

The official site has a 'How to Watch' link and a country guide. The info is sparse and I have no idea if it's up to date.

It does not even tell you that there is a dedicated YouTube channel provided by the series sponsor, ABB.

[www.youtube.com]

You can watch whole races and highlights here . . . about Live I don't know right now.

Ozzy Osbone (IP Logged)
06 December, 2018 19:45
I don't think hydrogen will win for road cars. I can see it being useful for large vehicles. Let's also remember that hydrogen cars still have batteries and motors. A bit like trains. The engine doesn't drive the wheels, it's just a generator for motors. There are some very interesting EV out now from Hyundai and Kia. Around £25-30k with up to 300 mile range. For many people it will soon be a no brainer.

As for lithium, there's a ton of it under Bolivia. But the point is that this is only one battery tech. There are others on the horizon. Even talk of having a liquid electrolyte which you will fill up with while the dead stuff is removed and re-charged. Hence quicker re-fuelling.

Plus, as the world grinds slowly towards more renewable energy, the carbon footprint will be far lower. In the UK alone there is an incredible amount of offshore wind going in and some of these turbines are absolute monsters.

Anyway, back to FE, I agree, the noise is not great but there has been some exciting racing now and again. It's nowhere near F1 yet but it does run through the winter as said so something to watch when all else is shut.

Mikef1 (IP Logged)
06 December, 2018 22:50
Quote:
Ozzy Osbone
I don't think hydrogen will win for road cars. I can see it being useful for large vehicles. Let's also remember that hydrogen cars still have batteries and motors. A bit like trains. The engine doesn't drive the wheels, it's just a generator for motors. There are some very interesting EV out now from Hyundai and Kia. Around £25-30k with up to 300 mile range. For many people it will soon be a no brainer.
As for lithium, there's a ton of it under Bolivia. But the point is that this is only one battery tech. There are others on the horizon. Even talk of having a liquid electrolyte which you will fill up with while the dead stuff is removed and re-charged. Hence quicker re-fuelling.

Plus, as the world grinds slowly towards more renewable energy, the carbon footprint will be far lower. In the UK alone there is an incredible amount of offshore wind going in and some of these turbines are absolute monsters.

Anyway, back to FE, I agree, the noise is not great but there has been some exciting racing now and again. It's nowhere near F1 yet but it does run through the winter as said so something to watch when all else is shut.

True enough, but the process of attaining lithium is tremendously bad for the environment in itself. Yes battery technology may move on but at that point it's no longer the same type of battery I would say is a false economy.

GPL (IP Logged)
12 December, 2018 11:10
Rubbish series.

Stu69 (IP Logged)
12 December, 2018 19:04
I can’t help that think Williams should change track. Why not pull out of F1 and enter FE? Sure the business would be smaller but the opportunity to compete will be higher!

Mikef1 (IP Logged)
12 December, 2018 20:48
Why not do both

Stu69 (IP Logged)
15 December, 2018 09:52
Quote:
Mikef1
Why not do both

Yes why not if there was budget available. (Doubtful though)

Mikef1 (IP Logged)
15 December, 2018 22:52
The cost to compete is not so high, and from what I understand the balance of sponsorship to team running costs is very good. Williams is already working on battery technology. WAE could easily enter.

Gunk (IP Logged)
16 December, 2018 04:03
Quote:
Mikef1
The cost to compete is not so high, and from what I understand the balance of sponsorship to team running costs is very good. Williams is already working on battery technology. WAE could easily enter.

Don't they have a toe in the water anyway with Jaguar collaboration?

16 December, 2018 07:27
Quote:
Gunk
Quote:
Mikef1

Don't they have a toe in the water anyway with Jaguar collaboration?
Jaguar team in FE is ran by WAE so we are already in

100% Williams
WILL SUPPORT WILLIAMS AS LONG AS THEY HAVE A TEAM

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net