f1
Latest News:

2019 Bahrain Grand Prix Countdown

Days
Hours
Minutes
Seconds

The Electrifying FE . . . Season Preview and Race One.
Gunk (IP Logged)
10 December, 2018 04:54
People are expecting FE to take a giant leap this season. New McLaren batteries can go a whole race distance. (An impressive 100% increase in capacity.) A top speed increase to 285 kph. Mercedes and BMW joining in with truckloads of money. Plus you can watch for free . . .

Race weekend is Friday, Saturday. 15 December. Here's the official preview

TV COVERAGE

(UK TIMES)

4.00 - Free Practice 1 [45 minutes]
6.05 - Free Practice 2 [30 minutes]
8.50 - Quali [groups + superpole, 1 hour]

12.05 - e-Prix of Riyadh [45 minutes]

Formula E coverage includes:

BBC Red Button, Eurosport, BT Sport, YouTube, Quest, iPlayer, Facebook

On Facebook & YouTube you can also catch up with the Friday's Shakedown session & Free Practices LIVE!

Inn Germany, all the championship will be shown on RTD & ZDF.

In Italy, all the championship will be shown on Mediaset Italia 1/2.

Re: The Electrifying FE . . . Season Preview and Race One.
IanSmithISA (IP Logged)
10 December, 2018 06:58
Good morning,

There is an interesting bit of gossip here;

[globalminingobserver.com]

You can ignore the first column but the second column is suggesting that there may be reliability issues with batteries.

I personally find it interesting that WAE seem to know what MAT are offering but didn't offer it.

Is it because WAE doesn't have the real world experience of McLaren's production cars and are behind the game, (Yes I am aware of the electric Aston Martin. :-) ) or are they right and MAT have offered something that won't meet the spec.

Even if WAE are right and two/three sets of batteries are needed when the spec said only one, what will be the consequences? WAE have still lost the contract and MAT can probably afford to give the new batteries out for free, especially if Sony really are the ultimate source of the battery tech.

Bye

Ian

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/12/2018 08:10 by IanSmithISA.

Mikef1 (IP Logged)
10 December, 2018 16:46
I'm definitely going to watch the upcoming race. Stuff like a car making the whole race help.

Gunk (IP Logged)
10 December, 2018 19:50
Quote:
IanSmithISA
Good morning,
You can ignore the first column but the second column is suggesting that there may be reliability issues with batteries.

Ian

The manufacturers really need this series for destruction testing. Something I didn't realise, you lease the battery in a new electric car. The Renault offers are between 50 and 70 a month. In theory the battery lasts 5 years, but you have to agree to a mileage limitation. It's fairly obvious they're not bulletproof yet.

Gunk (IP Logged)
15 December, 2018 13:00
Formula E - Race One

Have to say, I found it quite interesting.

There was a lot of racing and wheelbanging and the new cars are a massive improvement over previous seasons.

The new batteries performed well too . . . a couple of yellows and a safety car meant no one was energy saving though it appeared there was plenty of power left anyway.

Some glitches with tech infringements and newbies not understanding the rules, but one imagines these will disappear over the season.

Obviously, BMW will be delighted with a pole and a win in their very first race.

Mikef1 (IP Logged)
15 December, 2018 16:38
They got drive throughs for what was seemingly wheelspin over the bumps. Aside from that, very entertaining. I really like that BMW were able to win a race from the offset. Massa was looking great until his drive through. All in, I'd definitely tune in again.

Mehryar (IP Logged)
15 December, 2018 19:25
That was entertaining...alot of good racing and the new generation is a good step ahead.
The things which were downsides imo were those artificial boosts and also the lack of grip was too big.It was fun to see they were struggling to keep it within the track but on the same time with more grip, they could attack alot harder.

http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/1095/mehryarsigyo7.gif

Dylan's Together Through Life Hits The Stores.

Ozzy Osbone (IP Logged)
16 December, 2018 01:59
Enjoyed that. Cars look way quicker this year and no silly car swaps.

On the subject of WAE, are they tied in with the Jag iPace because that car has big problems with it's battery tech apparently. Hmm.

Gunk (IP Logged)
16 December, 2018 04:00
Quote:
Mehryar
The things which were downsides imo were those artificial boosts and also the lack of grip was too big.

I suppose we have to see grip levels in the context of a season. The Riyadh track is new and also covered in blown sand most of the time. Can't help.

Personally I don't mind Attack Mode, it offers strategic possibilities. I think it will be more interesting when teams become more adept at using it. Fan boost is just a bit of interactive fun, hardly a game changer. Actually I forgot to vote.

Super first races from Massa and Rowland.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net