2019 Belgian Grand Prix Countdown

Days
Hours
Minutes
Seconds

Current Page: 28 of 46
Re: The all New FW42
Williams-123 14 April, 2019 14:17
I really think Williams must be using cheap second hand carbon fiber from China on the FW42.

Either that or the Williams cars have got carbon fiber cancer just like buildings can get concrete cancer.

fw14boy 15 April, 2019 12:44
@ Williams 123 do you not have anything better to do with your time, pointless posts, no insight, no comedy value just very Sad.

The Terminator 15 April, 2019 15:28
Quote:
Stuart L
Iím beginning to get sick of a whinging polish fan going on and on and on! What are your qualifications? Are you a F1 engineer?
If you donít have such qualifications please pay attention to Mike F1ís posts as he is!

Sorry Williams donít have the best car. Sorry Roberts isnít at the front. However neither Ferrari, Mercedes and Red Bull has race driver vacancies.

Stop whinging and get behind the team!

At least when Stroll was in the team, there weren't any blinkered Canadians on here trying to convince themselves and everyone else that the only reason he wasn't beating his team mate was because parts are missing on his car.

As a Williams Fan, the drivers are the least of my worries, at the moment we could be hiring the seats out to two complete novices, the points total would be the same.

Niedzwiedz 15 April, 2019 15:46
Maybe couse last year the fans of Lance Stroll were counted on minuscule level, and last year they werent late for testing, they had spare e.g. front wings in number of 2 for each driver. That may be the case, but hey, what do I know ? I'm just a whinging polish fan.

My only hope is that Williams are making FW42B for European part of the season that's why Robert has to switch parts with George to find out what's the bloody problem with his car.

boro1986willliamsf1 15 April, 2019 16:48
Let's get one thing straight both cars are rubbish not just RK car there is no preference over either driver when will the polish supporters realise this most on here support William's not the drivers if it upsets you go somewhere else and moan the car is shif for both drivers not one over the other

100% Williams
WILL SUPPORT WILLIAMS AS LONG AS THEY HAVE A TEAM

speed 15 April, 2019 17:08
Quote:
boro1986willliamsf1
Let's get one thing straight both cars are rubbish not just RK car there is no preference over either driver when will the polish supporters realise this most on here support William's not the drivers if it upsets you go somewhere else and moan the car is shif for both drivers not one over the other

And to add to that, wouldn't have made any difference in result if any of Lewis, Max, Charles, Dan or Seb would have been driving it. It still would have been dead last, and one car still would have been slower than the other, because of lack of parts. Nobody cares about what the drivers are doing right now.

erratic 15 April, 2019 18:00
How possible/impossible would it be for the team to build a 'b' version of the car or even bring in the FW 43 this season? Or is the general consensus that they will try and develop this car until about midseason and then shift development onto the FW43?

Unless they know what the fundamental flaw is, and can fix it with updates, my limited knowledge and I don't really see the point in waiting to redesign.

Mikef1 15 April, 2019 19:37
Quote:
erratic
How possible/impossible would it be for the team to build a 'b' version of the car or even bring in the FW 43 this season? Or is the general consensus that they will try and develop this car until about midseason and then shift development onto the FW43?
Unless they know what the fundamental flaw is, and can fix it with updates, my limited knowledge and I don't really see the point in waiting to redesign.

It's not really their way of doing things though and there are so many areas to focus on. Would love to see it ut they couldn't even build 1 car on time

Gunk 16 April, 2019 01:03
Quote:
Mikef1
Would love to see it but they couldn't even build 1 car on time

Probably Williams should aim to get their new car ready for Brazil, Mike?

They would then have six days of testing at Brazil and Abu Dhabi - and then the whole winter to work on the fundamental flaws in time for the season.

AlanJones 16 April, 2019 06:52
Mike, in all reality let's say for the sake of argument that the cars were rushed in late at Melbourne. And due to all effort went into the production of two complete cars, corners were cut and parts were fabricated with less sophistication so they don't work properly, are a bit overweight and are in shortage. At which point of the season, would Williams have actually have all the parts constructed properly and let's say even have built two new tubs?
I'd say this would be around Spain/Monaco. Some two months into the season. What's your pick on this possibility to be true?

http://oi60.tinypic.com/24eyh6f.jpg

peterl 16 April, 2019 07:19
Your idea of Spain / Monaco would be about right. I cannot see them going for Monaco as the circuit would possibly be more difficult to get data from as it is virtually a one off. My guess would be Spain a traditional update circuit or the one after Monaco.
Whatever has happened the car is behaving correctly but is being punished by being vastly overweight and having problems when the fuel load changes????
I am not clever enough to work this out and all my sources are telling me that aero and mech correlation are good.
I will stick my neck out and go for the floor being wrong and flexing in an undesirable fashion when you require it to be rigid.

Peterl

williams_fw11b_honda_large_25425.jpg

Mikef1 16 April, 2019 11:06
I dont think they would have bought updates to China I'd they didn't have their pipeline completed. I'd assume the team now has the required spares and is working through it's normal development programme. Word on the street is no update til Spain but who knows what that even means.

AlanJones 16 April, 2019 12:07
Spain is only two races from now. So that's no biggie if true.

Mikef1 16 April, 2019 13:55
Quote:
AlanJones
Spain is only two races from now. So that's no biggie if true.

True in itself but the Spain update that was supposed to solve all problems ended up only being concluded in spa with the bargeboards never making it onto the car.

j-s 16 April, 2019 17:42
Sadly, I have little faith that the team will develop and introduce significant updates. I don't think it's reasonable to expect them to bridge the gap when they failed so miserably to do so with the new car.

I believe there are some areas of development that the team simply isn't aware of / don't understand / can't understand with their CFD models and wind tunnel. That's just my opinion.

Maybe Patrick can work some magic and change the culture a bit... that's the real challenge, I think. But it won't be easy, and results are likely not short term. We shall see. It's a huge challenge.

Gunk 17 April, 2019 15:24
Quote:
j-s
I believe there are some areas of development that the team simply isn't aware of / don't understand / can't understand with their CFD models and wind tunnel. That's just my opinion.

Effectively we still have the same head of aero, Dave Wheater. His claim to fame was the low or no downforce car. We are definitely short of a few aero gurus.

Greg_OR 25 April, 2019 02:53
Quote:
Gunk
Quote:
j-s

Effectively we still have the same head of aero, Dave Wheater. His claim to fame was the low or no downforce car. We are definitely short of a few aero gurus.

Seems like both of you are right, here is latest insight:
[www.autosport.com]
Kubica:
In the end it's not [that] we will improve within one month,
I mean, it is impossible!
Unless you have something, which is already in a wind tunnel, which is completely different, which you know gives you two seconds, and then you know it's coming.
But if you don't have those things running now in wind tunnel, or in your head - and even if they are in your head - it will not be one month. It will be much more.

In some way it's sad to say, but it's not that we will improve within one month.

IanSmithISA 25 April, 2019 07:34
Good morning,

Whilst I agree with the bit about if you have nothing in the wind tunnel...., I found the earlier bit of the interview more interesting.

With PL out of the loop and the TD position apparently vacant or awaiting feedback from PH it is probably no surprise that no-one is driving new ideas forward very fast.

The references to transparency are more unclear, is RK referring to an individual or small group with design responsibilities or certain areas of senior administrative management?

Although at first glance they seem quite polite and bland and I am possibly taking them out of context and over thinking them, they actually seem to be pointing definite blame at a small group.

Bye

Ian

Greg_OR 25 April, 2019 08:36
It is the FW42 thread, so I pointed out what is most car improvement relevant, but yes, those words about solving problems, being transparent and realistic, improving situation... it is all management related, but not being at Groove it is easy to draw wrong conclusions.

AlanJones 25 April, 2019 10:34
And even easier to say the FW42 is a dog. Because its not.

Ill quote myself. Hoping for improvement even more.

Quote:
AlanJones
FP2 Melbourne
Fastest Mercedes: Hamilton
Fastest Williams: Russell
Difference: 3.8s
Difference to no.1 in session: 3.8s

FP2 Bahrain
Fastest Mercedes: Hamilton
Fastest Williams: Russell
Difference: 2.5s
Difference to no.1 in session: 3.1s

FP2 Shanghai
Fastest Mercedes: Bottas
Fastest Williams: Kubica
Difference: 2.8s
Difference to no.1 in session: 2.8s

(looking at the sessions fastest driver)

Current Page: 28 of 46

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net