Current Page: 33 of 33

Re: The all New FW42
CLOVERLEAF 888 (IP Logged)
25 May, 2019 18:08
Quote:
Stu69
Quote:
Damon96
https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/143624/racing-point-plans-almost-new-car-update-for-july
So team Stroll going for a major update in July. If we haven’t seen something similar say after the summer break then we really need to start to question whether we can recover this situation.

Making us look like amateurs!

How is it making us look like amateurs? We just don't have the links Racing point have with Mercedes to do this. We have to do all this on our own

Gunk (IP Logged)
25 May, 2019 18:28
Quote:
Stu69
Quote:
Damon96
https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/143624/racing-point-plans-almost-new-car-update-for-july
So team Stroll going for a major update in July. If we haven’t seen something similar say after the summer break then we really need to start to question whether we can recover this situation.

Making us look like amateurs!

Force Stroll's Barcelona update hasn't worked at all.

Stu69 (IP Logged)
25 May, 2019 23:18
Force India have mullered us for the last few years with a smaller budget and they went bust and they are still faster than us. That’s how they are making us look like amateurs. Links to Merc or none they are doing a better job with the cash. We should be in a different league to them. As it it we are in a different league just not a good one! Division 4!

Jones_silveira (IP Logged)
07 June, 2019 22:42
Williams has developed the pushrod system (POU) similar to the one that was the source of much talks in Mercedes. "@AlbertFabrega"

[twitter.com]

tomazy (IP Logged)
08 June, 2019 13:20
New

https://cdn-1.motorsport.com/images/amp/0Rr3oeZ0/s6/williams-fw42-front-wing-detai.jpg

old

https://external-preview.redd.it/YwNVjQe8D-sXrI61ZoqdVoAN5_r9ZFCxwC7pfdG4KmE.jpg?auto=webp&s=72eb0e707a249718213d535a6dbfbf3e52508761

Francesc (IP Logged)
20 June, 2019 20:14
Updates will come in Silverstone and Hockenheim. George says it still won't be enough to reach Q2...

[www.auto-motor-und-sport.de]

Damon96 (IP Logged)
20 June, 2019 21:47
Hopefully it gets us within a tenth and then maybe at least we can start to see some light. If we are still o.5 seconds off Q2 then Williams have wasted 2.5 years developing a complete disaster of a concept.

GPL (IP Logged)
21 June, 2019 08:49
Waste of time and money this car.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 21/06/2019 08:52 by GPL.

GPL (IP Logged)
22 June, 2019 14:27
I hope Patrick can get our team back on track and help find a new leader.

George Orwell (IP Logged)
22 June, 2019 23:26
Quote:
GPL
I hope Patrick can get our team back on track and help find a new leader.

Already Patrick has made a recommendation to F.W. to sack The Blue Lady smiling smiley !!!

Myvatn (IP Logged)
22 June, 2019 23:39
Quote:
Francesc
Updates will come in Silverstone and Hockenheim. George says it still won't be enough to reach Q2...
[www.auto-motor-und-sport.de]
It was quite unrealistic to expect that. Too big of a gap. But it would be still important that at least the upgrade works.

Ozzy Osbone (IP Logged)
23 June, 2019 02:57
But a fix of 1 second at least puts us in a bit of a fight for something.

Mikef1 (IP Logged)
23 June, 2019 06:33
I guess they're not really looking to catch the pack the season is over for William's. Their need is to add as much performance as they currently can so they can get on top of these regulations and have a better car for next year. I'm excited to see what they bring but William's hasn't done big aero updates for many years. They're the team with easily the most time to find but with the fewest updates this year. A sick joke

j-s (IP Logged)
23 June, 2019 07:20
Indeed.

No money, rudderless, and a fading identity... Painful.

Imagine pushing updates without a TD. Incredible.

When McLaren were at the back they at least had a narrative around them. Not a good one, but most people cared enough to get angry or happy about their woes. With Williams it's just an eye roll.

Gunk (IP Logged)
23 June, 2019 10:58
Quote:
Ozzy Osbone
But a fix of 1 second at least puts us in a bit of a fight for something.

Sure about that, Oz? George was a second off Stroll in Q, the gap widening since Barca. Alfa has consecutive updates planned for the next three weekends.

It seems to me they've evaluated the concept and decided it's not worth pursuing. Maybe it's the call we should have made last year . . . at around the same time. We were dead last here then.

By the way, the resurgent McLaren has decided their car lacks downforce and are going to invest in a new wind-tunnel.

Francesc (IP Logged)
23 June, 2019 11:19
Quote:
Mikef1
I guess they're not really looking to catch the pack the season is over for William's. Their need is to add as much performance as they currently can so they can get on top of these regulations and have a better car for next year. I'm excited to see what they bring but William's hasn't done big aero updates for many years. They're the team with easily the most time to find but with the fewest updates this year. A sick joke

We're still using last year's floor. All the aerodynamic elements are the same since race 1, we don't even have a lower drag rear wing... In 3 months zero aero updates, it's a @#$%& joke.

Gunk (IP Logged)
23 June, 2019 13:01
Quote:
Francesc

We're still using last year's floor. All the aerodynamic elements are the same since race 1, we don't even have a lower drag rear wing... In 3 months zero aero updates, it's a @#$%& joke.

I guess some of this is explained by being so far behind at the start of the season. We didn't have (we are told) a full complement of parts or two cars properly screwed together until Barcelona. But then you have to wonder what really went on over the winter.

An extreme cash crisis? Rokit was a very late and unexpected life-saver - but maybe not a hole filler. Maybe we really don't have the funds to do much more than turn up?

Mikef1 (IP Logged)
24 June, 2019 08:34
Quote:
Francesc
Quote:
Mikef1

I guess one thing to draw from that is the team dont feel the floor is what is causing the main issues so they possibly focused on reworking the problem areas as the yield would be bigger. Oddly enough a floor will not work with a different front wing and bargeboards area so considering they were 2 of the biggest changes that is a miscalculation from the team too.

Current Page: 33 of 33

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net