2019 Belgian Grand Prix Countdown

Days
Hours
Minutes
Seconds

Current Page: 39 of 45
Re: The all New FW42
Francesc 19 July, 2019 15:37
With the time they've had to develop them, they should be bringing all the parts you mention.

Affinity 19 July, 2019 18:39
Quote:
GPL
What new parts do we think Williams are bringing to cure this car over the next 2 race weekends??.
Front wing
nosecone
barge boards
floor
Diffuser
Rear wing
I'm going to draw on my non-existent knowledge of aerodynamics and say the first four. Maybe a low drag rear wing after the summer break, given that we have Monza and Spa.
Also, bonus points for doing something about the rubber condom on the front suspension.

tomazy 19 July, 2019 18:57
Quote:
GPL
What new parts do we think Williams are bringing to cure this car over the next 2 race weekends??.
Front wing
nosecone
barge boards
floor
Diffuser
Rear wing

If I would have to gues, I would say everything but the nosecone. I would really want to see a new nose on our car, becouse it looks so bulky, but they will probably not crash test new one in the middle of the seson for the financial reasons. But I do belive that we will also see new cape under the nose as well. Not long now, is it wrong to be excited for the updates Williams will bring? I just hope they work and that we see an (substencial) inprovement in pace.

Francesc 19 July, 2019 19:23
At this point if we manage to beat someone in qualifying and race others on merit that already would make me happy.

Mehryar 19 July, 2019 19:54
new Bargeboard in Germany and new floor in Hungary.

http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/1095/mehryarsigyo7.gif

boro1986willliamsf1 20 July, 2019 07:23
I would be happy with any updates that move us of the back and beating at least one team on merit

100% Williams
WILL SUPPORT WILLIAMS AS LONG AS THEY HAVE A TEAM

Andrew Hooper 20 July, 2019 09:30
I get the feeling that the team is been careful about the number of updates they throw at the car just so that they can assess them correctly.

Start changing things like the front wing and you impact everything behind it from barge boards through to the rear wing.

phatjack 20 July, 2019 17:02
Quote:
Front wing
nosecone
barge boards
floor
Diffuser
Rear wing

That's like a new car being introduced in 4 short months, Patrick Head should have been brought on board sooner.

j-s 21 July, 2019 23:18
Any team would be incredibly talented if they improved 1 second vs the competition through updates. I don't think Williams can do it. Not without a TD and capable team around him.

phatjack 21 July, 2019 23:56
Claire bringing new sponsors on board and a potential future WDC, I think offsets the need of a TD.

GPL 22 July, 2019 08:37
Quote:
j-s
Any team would be incredibly talented if they improved 1 second vs the competition through updates. I don't think Williams can do it. Not without a TD and capable team around him.

Yes agreed under normal circumstances.

Remember this car aero is hardly working which means there is so much more to be gained
from it, and to convince Claire and us they know what they are doing
then when all the new corrected bits are bolted on it just has to be at least 1.5
a lap quicker.

We are coming from so far back with this car chunks of lap time are up for grabs.

They say the chassis is sound so we shall see.

Andrew Hooper 22 July, 2019 09:12
I can understand why Williams are doing it but the team is been careful about making any announcements as to what exactly the updates are that are been brought even to the next race in Germany apart saying that they will be bringing new updates.

Sort of going to be a a case of making comment when we get to see photos of the updates as they arrive on the car.

CLOVERLEAF 888 22 July, 2019 10:01
An update

[www.racefans.net]

GPL 22 July, 2019 11:18
in my mind/opinion we are looking for 50% more down force to catch up with the top 3 so 25%
should be achievable if this new aero guy is any good,that should equate to about 1.5 ish second in extra pace.

still no idea what aero parts they are bringing.

GPL 22 July, 2019 14:00
only a few more days to wait now anyway.

i hope this guy knows what he is doing??.

CLOVERLEAF 888 22 July, 2019 15:47
Kubica comments on upgrades and other stuff

[www.insideracing.com]

erratic 22 July, 2019 18:18
It all sounds a lot more positive coming from within the team, that can only be a good thing. There is surely a lot of talented people on board and if team harmony is in the right place, they can flourish.

Can't wait to see it all come together and for GR and RK to be mixing it with some of the midfield.

j-s 22 July, 2019 21:40
At this point the team just needs to make the right noises and show actual improvement. Fortunately (or tragically), we're so far behind the others that gaining a few tenths is, to us at least, simple math. Easy to discern.

If only it were so easy to implement for Williams.

GPL 23 July, 2019 08:03
George has said today the updates/fixes coming could give 3th 6th or a full second
they do not know until they hit the track.

and yes the updates are coming over these next 2 races.

Very strange they do not have a more accurate idea on how much gain they should produce going on the numbers they get in the wind tunnel.

Anyway massive test coming in a few days will it have been worth the wait???

tomazy 23 July, 2019 08:26
Quote:
GPL
George has said today the updates/fixes coming could give 3th 6th or a full second
they do not know until they hit the track.

and yes the updates are coming over these next 2 races.

Very strange they do not have a more accurate idea on how much gain they should produce going on the numbers they get in the wind tunnel.

Anyway massive test coming in a few days will it have been worth the wait???

Do you have a link to this, thank you.

Current Page: 39 of 45

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net