f1
Latest News:

2019 Azerbaijan Grand Prix Countdown

Days
Hours
Minutes
Seconds

Current Page: 4 of 28
 
Re: The all New FW42
phatjack (IP Logged)
27 January, 2019 09:27
Quote:
Andrew Hooper
I agree totally about how B teams should not exist.
The FIA has been way too easy on teams in regard to how much technology is transferred between teams. It is my view that each team should be totally independent having to design and build everything from the chassis, gearbox, aerodynamics, everything.

Oh yes one other thing bit disappointed with Williams as I tried to contact them and find out the details of their launch date and NO response. I am trying again but with different person.

Good thing Williams is hooked up with Mercedes as an engine partner then?

 
Re: The all New FW42
Mehryar (IP Logged)
27 January, 2019 11:05
In Martini years we were the first or between first few cars to show the design...not the actual car but some renders.



http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/1095/mehryarsigyo7.gif

Dylan's Together Through Life Hits The Stores.

 
Re: The all New FW42
GPL (IP Logged)
27 January, 2019 11:18
A good start would be for the new car to look cohesive/fluid and not disjointed like the 41.

The fist thing i thought on the unveiling of the 41 was disappointment in it overall shape
it looked a mess some areas quite cutting edge and some very average. but i had faith in Paddy so i gave him the benefit of the doubt.

The rest is history as they say.

 
Re: The all New FW42
ihme (IP Logged)
27 January, 2019 16:10
Quote:
Mehryar
In Martini years we were the first or between first few cars to show the design...not the actual car but some renders.

The day after tomorrow Williams & Orlen are having a press conference in Poland. One of the flying rumors is that Orlen will show their logotypes on the FW41 with the new livery (or just their logos on the regular Martini one).

 
Re: The all New FW42
andy si (IP Logged)
27 January, 2019 21:08
Quote:
Andrew Hooper
I agree totally about how B teams should not exist.
The FIA has been way too easy on teams in regard to how much technology is transferred between teams. It is my view that each team should be totally independent having to design and build everything from the chassis, gearbox, aerodynamics, everything.

Oh yes one other thing bit disappointed with Williams as I tried to contact them and find out the details of their launch date and NO response. I am trying again but with different person.

I applaud the agenda of Liberty, that F1 teams with B status get different treatment if they get something on those grounds done.

In my opinion it should work like this... (or when pigs fly)!
- B-teams either don't exist, which with already passed technology transfer is impractical...
- B-teams get a lot less or even 0 funding from F1 as they cannot prove they are 100% unique constructor (engine excluded)

 
Re: The all New FW42
Andrew Hooper (IP Logged)
28 January, 2019 12:17
Got a response from Williams. As yet they don't have any details regarding the launch of the FW42.

On Twitter one of those people who follows my Twitter account works for Williams and he said that he knew the details but that Claire would kill him if he told them. smiling smiley

 
Re: The all New FW42
ralf111 (IP Logged)
28 January, 2019 14:10
Orlen Twitter today


[twitter.com]



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 28/01/2019 14:17 by ralf111.

 
Re: The all New FW42
Francesc (IP Logged)
28 January, 2019 14:45
Quote:
Andrew Hooper
Got a response from Williams. As yet they don't have any details regarding the launch of the FW42.
On Twitter one of those people who follows my Twitter account works for Williams and he said that he knew the details but that Claire would kill him if he told them. smiling smiley

So a big sponsor will join the team!

 
Re: The all New FW42
Mehryar (IP Logged)
28 January, 2019 14:52
What happened to that Latifi's sponsor?



http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/1095/mehryarsigyo7.gif

Dylan's Together Through Life Hits The Stores.

 
Re: The all New FW42
j-s (IP Logged)
28 January, 2019 16:30
When I saw the FW41 I thought it looked quick as hell. When I saw the FW36 I thought it was a flabby blob. Can't trust my eyes.

The biggest takeaway from the launch will be sponsorships and maybe, just maybe, a glimpse into an interesting (and probably useless and/or not unique) design idea.

 
Re: The all New FW42
Francesc (IP Logged)
28 January, 2019 16:41
Quote:
Mehryar
What happened to that Latifi's sponsor?

I guess all the new sponsors will be announced at the launch.

Orlen was announced just after Kubica was confirmed probably because they want to take profit from the positice PR as early as posible.

 
Re: The all New FW42
Greg_OR (IP Logged)
28 January, 2019 17:35
Quote:
ralf111
Orlen Twitter today

[twitter.com]
Orlen replied under this tweet

ORLEN
Nie jest to ostateczne malowanie. Nasz logotyp pojawi sie jeszcze na nosie i tylnym spojlerze. Do tego pojawia sie równiez logotypy innych sponsorów.

"It is not a final livery. Our logo will also be on the nose and rear wing. Logos of another sponsors will appear as well."

 
Re: The all New FW42
AlanJones (IP Logged)
28 January, 2019 18:22
Quote:
Greg_OR
Quote:
ralf111
Orlen Twitter today

[twitter.com]
Orlen replied under this tweet

ORLEN
Nie jest to ostateczne malowanie. Nasz logotyp pojawi sie jeszcze na nosie i tylnym spojlerze. Do tego pojawia sie równiez logotypy innych sponsorów.

"It is not a final livery. Our logo will also be on the nose and rear wing. Logos of another sponsors will appear as well."

That last bit is encouraging




http://oi60.tinypic.com/24eyh6f.jpg

 
Re: The all New FW42
Francesc (IP Logged)
28 January, 2019 18:25
Great smileys with beer (Sm152)

 
Re: The all New FW42
CLOVERLEAF 888 (IP Logged)
28 January, 2019 19:48
Quote:
Greg_OR
Quote:
ralf111
Orlen Twitter today

[twitter.com]
Orlen replied under this tweet

ORLEN
Nie jest to ostateczne malowanie. Nasz logotyp pojawi sie jeszcze na nosie i tylnym spojlerze. Do tego pojawia sie równiez logotypy innych sponsorów.

"It is not a final livery. Our logo will also be on
the nose and rear wing. Logos of another sponsors will appear as well."

Lol. Is that what Williams told Orlen. Oh god. He he!
☺️

 
Re: The all New FW42
Vancha (IP Logged)
28 January, 2019 22:34
Quote:
Andrew Hooper
Claire would kill him if he told them. smiling smiley

Yep!

According to my friend in the team, the car will be Very Beautiful. He told me nothing about the sponsors. Of course, Very Beautiful is a relative opinion.

 
Re: The all New FW42
Andrew Hooper (IP Logged)
29 January, 2019 08:24
The logos that we are seeing are on a display car at a conference been held by Orlen. Most likely totally unrelated to the new FW42 but ti does show that they have gone with the blue colour logo.

http://v4admin.sportnetwork.net/upload/107/107_0_1548750131.jpg

 
Re: The all New FW42
ralf111 (IP Logged)
29 January, 2019 09:27
https://i.imgur.com/7wIXzyH.jpg

 
Re: The all New FW42
AlanJones (IP Logged)
29 January, 2019 10:38
I really hope the final livery will be like the testing liveries

https://i.redd.it/l3lmra3bv4501.jpg




http://oi60.tinypic.com/24eyh6f.jpg

 
Re: The all New FW42
ralf111 (IP Logged)
29 January, 2019 11:10
https://i.imgur.com/7pa7asK.jpg

Current Page: 4 of 28

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net
 
 

Who is online?

Total users online:  

Most users online:  

Users on this site:  

Where are they?