Days
Hours
Minutes
Seconds

Current Page: 9 of 33

Re: The all New FW42
ihme (IP Logged)
12 February, 2019 10:04
That is just a rumor though. I think a lot of teams will be assembling their cars as late as possible. Hard to imagine we will miss the 1st day of testing.

Last year we've built the car for the first time in Jerez just before rolling out of the garage for filming.

GPL (IP Logged)
12 February, 2019 11:34
Seems like they fired up the new car for the first time yesterday also
thumbs down.

ihme (IP Logged)
12 February, 2019 11:45
GPL is right (Sm128) There aren't any delays and in the upcoming days there should be another good news from Grove.

AlanJones (IP Logged)
12 February, 2019 12:37
Which would be..?

http://oi60.tinypic.com/24eyh6f.jpg

ihme (IP Logged)
12 February, 2019 12:51
Quote:
AlanJones
Which would be..?

Not really sure this time. Heard that from the same source that was saying that the us telecom company will be our title sponsor and the car will be light blue, black and white previously.

ihme (IP Logged)
12 February, 2019 13:05
Andrew Benson: "The new Renault. Sort of. Team boss Cyril Abiteboul admits it’s “mainly a livery” as they fight to get the new car ready for pre-season testing"

Seems like a lot of teams are pushing really hard to get their cars ready for monday. And Renault is no different.

ihme (IP Logged)
12 February, 2019 15:01
Official F1 instagram:

https://i.redd.it/a10q2zj0j5g21.jpg

williams4284 (IP Logged)
12 February, 2019 15:36
No contest in terms of livery. 2018 livery by miles better.

At least they should have gone for all car in that light/sky blue with white lettering outlined in dark blue.

or that very nice livery posted before. dark blue car with a white and cyan stripe.

Having said that, if it's fast and pays to be ugly, I'll gladly live with that.

ihme (IP Logged)
12 February, 2019 17:22
A great and long video interview with Claire, We've achieved a stable car already, now its time to start adding the performance during the season.

Claire: [www.formula1.com]

George: [www.formula1.com]

Robert: [www.formula1.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/02/2019 17:29 by ihme.

GPL (IP Logged)
12 February, 2019 17:55
Sounds promising but until we see some decent lap times no one knows how this new car will perform.

We keep our fingers crossed they have indentified and solved the 41,s issues.

j-s (IP Logged)
12 February, 2019 19:16
Looking forward to testing.

I just read the press releases from last year's testing. They are peppered with cautious optimism, specially during the first test. Few mentions of actual issues, instead just referring to "we must analyze the data" and stuff like that. An interesting read with the proper hindsight.

Obviously the team knew they had a bad car but they spun it as a work in progress. Answers and updates would cure it, it was just a matter of identifying the weaknesses and working on them. I'm sure they believed it, too.

We know what happened so I won't go into it.

I'll just say this: Don't trust what the team says during testing!

GPL (IP Logged)
12 February, 2019 20:34
I read an article that said that they knew they had screwed up within the first hour of testing.

I reckon by the end of the first pre test they knew.

Anyway lets all hope they have learned by there mistakes now.

tedsouf (IP Logged)
12 February, 2019 21:18
A collegues girlfriend was working for Williams, in Grove last year and she said that right after the first day of testing in the morning meeting in the factory they were told something along these lines:

''This year is going to be tough, like really tough. It's ok these things hapen in F1, there is allways next year.''

So they knew from the go that the car was way off the estimations. I just hope that all the work last year went to finding out what went wrong rather than bringing performance to the car.
The results certainly reflect this.

ihme (IP Logged)
12 February, 2019 22:06
With the amount of technology in F1 these days, we probably knew we were screwed during the first few laps on filming day in Jerez.

phatjack (IP Logged)
12 February, 2019 22:10
It hurts my eyes when I now visit this board. Hopefully when the excitement dies down things will return to normal.

CLOVERLEAF 888 (IP Logged)
12 February, 2019 23:49
Of course they knew the deepness of the problems after the first test or even before. But anyone expecting the team to tell the truth is deluded. Thats not the way it is done. Never has been, never will be. Doesn't matter what team it is

j-s (IP Logged)
13 February, 2019 01:29
Indeed.

What Claire has said so far about this year is very reasonable. It'll take time to recover, it's a process, etc etc.

Can't wait for testing.

ihme (IP Logged)
13 February, 2019 10:57
Mercedes to run all-new F1 engine for 2019

Andy Cowell, head of Mercedes F1 engine operations, said: “We’ve made changes to the cooling architecture of the power unit, which hopefully provide aerodynamic benefit on the car and also provide efficiency benefit on the power unit – so, hopefully a win on both the chassis and on the power unit.

“Right at the heart of the power unit is the conversion of fuel into heat release in the combustion chamber and useful work out of the crankshaft.

“We have made steps on the combustion efficiency and on the ERS system. The marriage between the turbocharger assembly with the MGU-H, the inverter, the cells and the MGU-K: that whole system is now capable of operating more efficiently and helping with energy deployment through a race.”

[www.motorsport.com]

GPL (IP Logged)
13 February, 2019 13:23
I wonder what has delayed our build / shakedown.

Surely it would of been better to gain a few days to check the car over before testing starts.

They have had about 9 months on this design.

GPL (IP Logged)
13 February, 2019 13:30
Last minute problem with engine installation maybe ???

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 13/02/2019 13:32 by GPL.

Current Page: 9 of 33

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net