Days
Hours
Minutes
Seconds

Current Page: 10 of 13

Re: Ricciardo masterstroke
CLOVERLEAF 888 (IP Logged)
28 April, 2019 16:12
The team have paid big bucks to get Ric in and have not moved forward as they had hoped... I think the McLaren Renault is showing better pace than the main team... One has to wonder if the new proposed budget cap cant come soon enough for Renault too...

Btw Anybody know if next year is the last year of our Mercedes engine contract?

Anderis (IP Logged)
28 April, 2019 16:26
LOL, I have never seen a driver causing so stupid collision in F1.

Ricciardo = (Sm8)

Anderis (IP Logged)
28 April, 2019 16:30
Page 7 of this thread:
Quote:
Anderis
He will crash into other drivers like he did to Hulk in Bahrain instead of having success with his dive-bombs without RBR's huge downforce.
I told you so.

Ricciardo dive-bombed Kvyat and then he crashed into a stationary car on reverse gear! OMG I have never seen a driver to do such a stupid thing.

It looks like Renault will regret hiring Ricciardo.

Renault = (Sm8)
Ricciardo = (Sm8)

Anderis (IP Logged)
28 April, 2019 16:34
So it looks like I was right about Ricciardo not doing well without RBR's huge downforce.

Do you think Ricciardo's days of being considered one of the top drivers are over? He was clearly flattered by RBR's huge downforce. I think nobody will consider Ricciardo a top driver. Even Maldonado didn't make such a stupid mistake.

It looks like Renault and Ricciardo being worth of one another ATM. What a disappointment Renault car and what a disappointment Ricciardo's driving.

It's sad that both Ricciardo and Renault are doing so bad because I hoped they would give top3 teams a good run for their money. sad smiley

Anderis (IP Logged)
28 April, 2019 16:40
I can't believe Ricciardo received only 3 places grid penalty for all the mess he has made. I think he deserved a much harsher penalty.

Dive-bombing Kvyat out of the track alone deserved 3 places penalty. And then he caused a collision with a stationary car driving on reverse-gear. It's unnacceptable to ruin another driver's race like that. He should have gotten a much harsher penalty.

FIA = (Sm8)

Anderis (IP Logged)
28 April, 2019 16:43
It's really sad that FIA accepts such a poor standard of driving and only gave Ricciardo a 3 place grid penalty for such a stupid behavior. sad smiley If they don't penalise ruining another driver's race harsher, F1 will develop really poor standards of driving. sad smiley

FIA = (Sm8)
Ricciardo = (Sm8)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 28/04/2019 16:44 by Anderis.

Mehryar (IP Logged)
28 April, 2019 17:34
But that was a real masterstroke tbh...to make 15-20millions a year for making the most stupid crash of the season, is a real masterstroke!

http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/1095/mehryarsigyo7.gif

Dylan's Together Through Life Hits The Stores.

Mehryar (IP Logged)
28 April, 2019 17:35
Which one is more stupid?
Maldonado's crash in Spa or Daniel's crash today in Baku?
People all over the net are comparing these two drivers now! It's sad sad smiley

Mehryar (IP Logged)
28 April, 2019 17:37
Quote:
Mehryar
People all over the net are comparing these two drivers now! It's sad sad smiley

Look here Whitey, do you agree Daniel is now on Maldonado's level?!

Mehryar (IP Logged)
28 April, 2019 17:38
Quote:
Mehryar
Quote:
Mehryar

Because everybody thinks his move was as stupid as Maldonado's brain fades!
Do you agree? sad smiley

Mehryar (IP Logged)
28 April, 2019 17:42
Quote:
Mehryar
Quote:
Mehryar
Quote:
Mehryar

Because everybody thinks his move was as stupid as Maldonado's brain fades!
Do you agree? sad smiley

I can't believe he made such a terrible mistake because RBR car was so good that masked his brain fades...why did he trade it for 9th fastest car? sad smiley Does he think Max is that much dangerous ? sad smiley

speed (IP Logged)
28 April, 2019 18:06
I don't know which is sadder, the pace of our car or the quality of this forum with some members going down to whitey's level

phatjack (IP Logged)
28 April, 2019 19:37
The Honey Badger getting off with just a 3 grid penalty is pathetic. It's a good thing there wasn't a marshal insight during his bonehead move.

Ric = (Sm8)

SydneyF1Fan (IP Logged)
29 April, 2019 03:53
Pretty clumsy, but at least it provided good fodder for this thread.

Amazing that he reversed out onto the track without properly checking his mirrors. What if another car had come barreling down out of control? Could have been a much bigger collision.

Out of interest, do the marshals wave flags or indicate to the drivers whether it is safe to reverse out onto the track at that point, given that the car mirrors have very limited vision and drivers are regularly going off there? Alternatively, they should mount a full size mirror at the end of the run-off area so that drivers get clear view of obstacles as they reverse out.

My guess is that in the absence of other signals, the drivers would primarily rely on a brief look in their right hand mirror and the sound of approaching cars to tell them whether it was safe to reverse out in the heat of the moment. Dan expected Kvyat to have continued so just didn't check his mirror on that side. Looks comical from the outside, but I'm sure we've all done something similar in a road car.

While I wouldn't describe it as a 'masterstroke', I still think Dan made a good strategic move to Renault. It's clear that RBR aren't going to win a WDC in the near future, as the Honda engine is not yet up to Merc and Ferrari, so Dan opted for the cash bag while his stocks were high and some increased challenge and motivation in helping Renault rise to the top.

Clearly Renault are in the doldrums too, but he's nudging ahead of his teammate after a difficult start and it's clear that it's the car design which needs work, not the drivers, so Renault need to pick up their game if they want to get a return on their investment. Honda's performance shows that the Renault engine has some grunt if Renault can sort out their aero, brakes and car balance.

Alan Jones says as much on the most recent episode of the "Beyond The Grid" podcast. A good listen if you haven't heard it - proves how much the money is a driving factor for F1 drivers.

http://i807.photobucket.com/albums/yy358/SydneyF1Fan/SydneyF1FanSignatureWinner-v3.gif

AlanJones (IP Logged)
29 April, 2019 06:52
Anderis = Legend (Sm6)

http://oi60.tinypic.com/24eyh6f.jpg

Williams-123 (IP Logged)
29 April, 2019 07:35
Classic stuff guys (Sm152)(Sm6)(Sm152)

Williams-123 (IP Logged)
29 April, 2019 07:40
This thread is getting huge...If this thread follows Ricciardo's career at Renault over the next 3 years in 3 years time this thread will be absolutely massive.

Bring it on (Sm129)

Williams-123 (IP Logged)
29 April, 2019 07:47
Ricciardo made a couple of mistakes in Baku...$hit happens sometimes.

Anyway Hulkenberg is regarded as one of the best F1 drivers on the grid and up until Ricciardo's mistakes Ricciardo was destroying Hulkenberg.

So the fact that Ricciardo was beating Hulk all weekend he can take some positives away.

The Terminator (IP Logged)
29 April, 2019 08:53
Quote:
phatjack
The Honey Badger getting off with just a 3 grid penalty is pathetic. It's a good thing there wasn't a marshal insight during his bonehead mov
Ric = (Sm8)

Certainly a good thing that there wasn't a marshal leaning into the torro rosso cockpit checking if he needed assistance.
Where was he trying to reverse to? If he couldn't see the torro rosso, how the hell was he going to reverse back onto the track off a corner with cars coming straight at him.
Should be points on his licence and made to clean up the torro rosso garage after the race weekend.
If Max had done the same thing, Whitey would be starting another crusade. My dear old mum can reverse better than that.(Sm20)

AlanJones (IP Logged)
29 April, 2019 08:58
Well, Hulkenberg had issues with his car. That much was clear all weekend. Ricciardo also was off this weekend, proven by his amateuristic mistake. To put it mildly; Renault has had an awful weekend.

http://oi60.tinypic.com/24eyh6f.jpg

Current Page: 10 of 13

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net