Days
Hours
Minutes
Seconds

FORMULA E. Round 3. Santiago E Prix. Sun, Salsa & Chile
Discussion started by Gunk , 25 January, 2019 19:59
FORMULA E. Round 3. Santiago E Prix. Sun, Salsa & Chile
Gunk 25 January, 2019 19:59
Now getting the hang of this and looking forward to more drama on the streets. It's a bit too hot - 35 to 38 expected this weekend and track temps of around 50.

I get the feeling that interest is building. A lot of new drivers showing up at the Marrakesh tests, including Sergei Sirotkin. He was quite impressed with the Gen 2 cars - with the low levels of downforce they were 'bloody fast enough' to be travelling millimetres from the walls.

Here's the build up to tomorrow's race.

Re: FORMULA E. Round 3. Santiago E Prix. Sun, Salsa & Chile
Andrew Hooper 26 January, 2019 06:30
Watched the shakedown. First observation is that some of these temporary tracks are such difficult places to run such technically advanced cars. They have issues with the bumps in the tracks causing spikes in the power out put which sees drivers get penalties. Not sure how you address this but even the dust is an issue.

I hope that they give up on their YouTube social media thing while the race is running. At the last race it was just terrible.

Gunk 26 January, 2019 15:09
Qualifying Live Now

Andrew Hooper 27 January, 2019 03:48
Got up and actually watched the race. Really enjoyed it but was some what frustrated by the number of penalties that were handed out, sort of like F1. The new Gen2 cars are so great to watch. Was nice to see Wehrlein finish second behind Bird. He was a driver who I thought was pretty much screwed over by F1.

Gunk 27 January, 2019 21:48
Quote:
Andrew Hooper
Got up and actually watched the race. Really enjoyed it but was some what frustrated by the number of penalties that were handed out, sort of like F1. The new Gen2 cars are so great to watch. Was nice to see Wehrlein finish second behind Bird. He was a driver who I thought was pretty much screwed over by F1.

Good race yes . . . if a bit of a demolition derby. Bird showed his class again. I think he's the only guy to be a winner in every year of the championship.

Personally, I like this track the least so far . . . fewer overtaking opportunities. And the penalties . . what are they doing. They race nose to tail, wheel to wheel and wall to wall. it's barely possible to have an avoidable collision.

Good news for Wehrlein obviously - and he's in a great team too. Interesting that the guys with more than just open wheeler experience seem to adapt quicker to FE. Sims isn't driving like a rookie either and Lotterer manages to finish most races. Vandoorne . . . oh dear again. But he is quick. Maybe he'll get the hang of it.

Well, on to Mexico.

Gunk 27 January, 2019 22:02
Race - plus some good info on the grid walk.

Mehryar, were you able to watch this time around?

Mehryar 28 January, 2019 11:51
Lol the day you guys watched this race, I could watch the Marrakesh race...Next race is in a time I can watch live.

http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/1095/mehryarsigyo7.gif

Ozzy Osbone 28 January, 2019 22:38
I think Sam Bird should have got a shout in F1. Always thought that.

But yeah, good race. Not sure on the penalties. There were a lot of very rash moves which may have been OK in a touring car but wrecked the other guy here.

Great race though.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net