Hours
Minutes
Seconds

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
How big of a Formula 1 fan are you?
Williams-123 (IP Logged)
04 February, 2019 13:22
I have watched every single Formula 1 GP live for the last 30 years.

My first GP I watched live was the first race of the 1988 Formula 1 season and after that I have watched every single race live from start to finish up until the end of the 2018 season.

I have not missed one single race in 30 years.

So I would have to call myself a massive fan of the sport.

Re: How big of a Formula 1 fan are you?
dot_com (IP Logged)
04 February, 2019 13:56
I have only missed 3 live races since the 1998 season (one of which was JBís first ever win in Hungary - which Iím still annoyed about!) Iíve attended 2 races (both in Canada) and testing at Silverstone back in 2003 (ish). So not as big a fan as Williams-123 but pretty committed :-)

Ozzy Osbone (IP Logged)
04 February, 2019 18:07
I'm 6'1"

j-s (IP Logged)
04 February, 2019 18:24
Admirable.

I simply don't watch the races when Williams is inconsequential. Why waste two hours of valuable sleep to see Williams in P16 and DNF. It's excruciating.

Anderis (IP Logged)
04 February, 2019 20:31
Between 2007-2013 I was quite obsessed with F1. Not anymore. Sometimes I don't even watch a race even when I can afford it. And nowadays, I spend maybe 2% of time of what I used to for various internet activities centered around F1.

phatjack (IP Logged)
04 February, 2019 21:40
Quote:
Ozzy Osbone
I'm 6'1"

Standing or lying down?

Ozzy Osbone (IP Logged)
05 February, 2019 00:35
Quote:
phatjack
Quote:
Ozzy Osbone
I'm 6'1"

Standing or lying down?

6'3" lying down

Mr Brooksy (IP Logged)
05 February, 2019 02:02
Quote:
Ozzy Osbone
I'm 6'1"

Your a little guy, I'm 2m.

Been a fan since Adelaide 1989 and consequently a Williams fan from that race at the age of 7. I can't say I've watched nearly as much as some of you, but even though most races are telecast around midnight
or later in Aus, I've seen quite a majority up until 2000 when MS, his rear gunners and his red wagons dominated. Thankfully Alonso took that peg down a notch and I was back. Unlike many though, I really enjoyed the technical aspect of the hybrid era, but Bernie has really screwed the sporting aspect with teams making rule decisions, stupidly uneven bonuses the dreaded pay TV wall (won't be buying a Fox Sports package... Ever, so unofficial streaming it is until F1 recognises that Australia exists outside the Melbourne gp).

I've competed at high levels of slot car racing, always with a Williams, race RC F1 with Williams shells, PC racing... Williams cars, kit models... mainly Williams cars, and the list goes on.

Now my son at age 7 is a Williams kid. So I'm doing my bit I think to fly the flag.

Andrew Hooper (IP Logged)
05 February, 2019 13:46
Been doing this site for twenty years I suppose that qualifies me.

Mehryar (IP Logged)
05 February, 2019 14:14
So Whitey, you're into F1 since '88 season? I thought you're older than that.

For me, it's been since 97 but to follow the sport fully came in with BMW joining us in 2000, fired up more with JPM joining a year later...I think I've missed 4-5 races in last 20yrs to watch live.
Never been to a GP, so far but my plan is to start from this year probably with Baku Gp.
About this site, it was late '03 I joined here & tbh it makes F1 more interesting cause there are days without any news or anything but there's F1 talks here which increases the level of interest in the sport.

http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/1095/mehryarsigyo7.gif

Dylan's Together Through Life Hits The Stores.

dot_com (IP Logged)
05 February, 2019 15:59
I canít believe this site has been around so long. I only discovered it in the last year or so, but Iíve heen a Williams fan since the JPM days.

speed (IP Logged)
05 February, 2019 16:33
A newbie compared to many here & not as big a fan as well. Started following when NK joined Jordan in 2005. Williams fan since 2006. But haven't watched live races ever since it moved behind premium channels in 2017 (in India). Moved to US & did not watch a single live race in 2018 (cable TV is expensive here). Considering whether I should subscribe to the F1 app for live races as it potentially could be a great season (if Mercedes, RBR & Ferrari are all in the fight + Leclerc v/s Vettel).

phatjack (IP Logged)
05 February, 2019 22:43
Quote:
Mehryar
For me, it's been since 97 but to follow the sport fully came in with BMW joining us in 2000, fired up more with JPM joining a year later...I think I've missed 4-5 races in last 20yrs to watch live.
Never been to a GP, so far but my plan is to start from this year probably with Baku Gp.
About this site, it was late '03 I joined here & tbh it makes F1 more interesting cause there are days without any news or anything but there's F1 talks here which increases the level of interest in the sport.

Real fans or some us a little older got hooked in 1978.

SehnKhan (IP Logged)
06 February, 2019 07:36
Fan of F1 and Williams since the late 80's.

My enjoyment of the sport however has been dwindling for the past couple of years, very noticeable during 2018. I'll still tune in and watch, and still support Williams whilst ever they participate, but I cannot see myself spending big dollars to travel around watching the sport, and my enjoyment on the couch of F1 is lacking nowdays.

I'm not yet at the point of moving on from F1 completely, but I don't make an effort to watch every race anymore.

Mikef1 (IP Logged)
06 February, 2019 08:33
My enjoyment of f1 took a bit of a downturn during my years working in Motorsport. Contrary to belief, the best form of motorsport to work in is honestly the junior stuff. Formula ford, ginetta gr have old school feel paddocks and I loved that. I hoped motorsport would just be this on steroids but it isn't.

Williams-123 (IP Logged)
06 February, 2019 12:45
Quote:
Mehryar

Mehryar I did not start watching F1 until I was 20 years old I am now 50 years old.

Williams-123 (IP Logged)
06 February, 2019 13:08
Quote:
Andrew Hooper
Been doing this site for twenty years I suppose that qualifies me.

Nice work (Sm152)

Andrew Hooper (IP Logged)
06 February, 2019 13:56
MikeF1 - totally agree with the view that as you progress up the levels it becomes less enjoying and more simply work.

I know with my sons karting as he moved up to complete at a National level all the fun sort of went out of it because you in order to justify the expense had to aim for results. Just made it all that much more difficult to enjoy.

Oh I started following F1 back in 1973. Boy seems like ages ago.

CLOVERLEAF 888 (IP Logged)
06 February, 2019 14:18
For me
i started following F1 when I was eight old in 1978. I was totally engrossed in it. It was like a new world had opened waiting for Murray walker and the late night highlights show you got in those days with dodgy pictures. And of course the epic Fleetwood Mac theme tune just got you in the mood. I actually though owe it to my cousin whose Dad had a job in Saudia Arabia and came back to England saying have you seen Saudia airlines sponsor an F1 team now. So that's How I got drawn to Williams. I don't watch every Grand prix live but the sky planner recordings are my friend and have watched every grand prix since 78.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/02/2019 14:21 by CLOVERLEAF 888.

Mehryar (IP Logged)
06 February, 2019 22:40
Quote:
Williams-123
Quote:
Mehryar

Mehryar I did not start watching F1 until I was 20 years old I am now 50 years old.

https://ibb.co/k1xDnq9

Ok, just wanted to check if your overall mental state has improved or not.

http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/1095/mehryarsigyo7.gif

Dylan's Together Through Life Hits The Stores.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net