Days
Hours
Minutes
Seconds

Current Page: 13 of 17

Re: Title sponsor announced on Monday.
EagleF1 (IP Logged)
11 February, 2019 16:47
From some angles it looks a bit like a circa 2014 Merc.
From others it looks a little West era Mclaren

ihme (IP Logged)
11 February, 2019 16:47
Quote:
AlanJones
Quote:
AlanJones
Important question:
Anyone got hold of a photo with sir Frank on it during the liverylaunch?

I'll repeat myself.. anyone?

I dont think Sir Frank was there. Was he?

Francesc (IP Logged)
11 February, 2019 16:53
If Orlen are allegedly paying $11.5m for that exposure, then those guys must be paying $25m.

ihme (IP Logged)
11 February, 2019 16:58
It is a long term deal with ROKiT!

Claire: "I dont want to go through everything we went throught in the beggining of 2018. We worked really hard behind the scenes and there isn't a repeat from 2018."

ROKiT boss said that he was very impressed with that big-a** RK flag his fans bring on the stands and he will be going to the races to see it in person this time.

RK is hoping for the good feeling in the car come Australia.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/02/2019 17:00 by ihme.

j-s (IP Logged)
11 February, 2019 16:59
If only they had spent some of that 30M on a livery designer.

ihme (IP Logged)
11 February, 2019 17:02
Oh lordie:

https://uploads.disquscdn.com/images/d3781db1f84a10c5e5d3b567b0436e35eb383b3a231552ed4c1e23f35ce73ac6.png

Andrew Hooper (IP Logged)
11 February, 2019 17:03
I would think that it would be bigger than what Martini supplied.

ihme (IP Logged)
11 February, 2019 17:06
https://uploads.disquscdn.com/images/b5a750f7089f9b3f46b257f5651f383a52c515ad6742131c91e9a4580e508331.jpg?w=600&h=388

GPL (IP Logged)
11 February, 2019 17:09
Yes it would look better if all of the lower sides of the car were blue and just the wings and barge boards black.
May look better in daylight on the new car, and this old car was never a looker in the first place.

ihme (IP Logged)
11 February, 2019 17:14
Let's listen to Claire: [streamable.com]

edit: "And obviously we've got great drivers this year." LOL

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/02/2019 17:22 by ihme.

Mehryar (IP Logged)
11 February, 2019 17:23
We should stop having all these carbon black parts.Year after the year it got bigger to a scale that now it's like a little spray somewhere, not a paint job.

About RoKiT payment, no one has any idea but I don't think they pay a penny more than Martini, infact logically they must pay less.

The timing of making the deal, we were the worst team on the grid and also in our worst position historically, even worse than 2013 season.We were crying everywhere for a sponsor, and everybody was aware of that...with these situations, I don't see how Claire could be in a strong position for making a good deal financially.
Also the exposure of Martini was massive.Maybe the logo was smaller but famous Martini lines were all over the car so I don't see a big RoKit sticker and indication of more payment.

Still that was a brilliant job by Claire AGAIN on sponsorship side.She looks to be good to find a title sponsor in our worst years and in a time that F1 field is failing to get new sponsors onboard.

http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/1095/mehryarsigyo7.gif

Dylan's Together Through Life Hits The Stores.

Stu69 (IP Logged)
11 February, 2019 17:29
Hats off to Claire and the team for Rokit. Great job.

dot_com (IP Logged)
The inside of the halo is covered in Orlen and Rokit logos, so they’ll get a lot of exposure from on board cameras. Stupid question maybe - but is this pronounced like rocket, or row-kit?? I haven’t heard any audio from the launch.

ihme (IP Logged)
Just imagine if the FW42 will be doing lap after lap next week without any issues and will be easy to handle. Cant wait.

ihme (IP Logged)
11 February, 2019 17:32
Quote:
dot_com
The inside of the halo is covered in Orlen and Rokit logos, so they’ll get a lot of exposure from on board cameras. Stupid question maybe - but is this pronounced like rocket, or row-kit?? I haven’t heard any audio from the launch.

Claire was saying "rockeet" in the interview above.

Francesc (IP Logged)
11 February, 2019 17:38
Quote:
Mehryar
We should stop having all these carbon black parts.Year after the year it got bigger to a scale that now it's like a little spray somewhere, not a paint job.
About RoKiT payment, no one has any idea but I don't think they pay a penny more than Martini, infact logically they must pay less.

The timing of making the deal, we were the worst team on the grid and also in our worst position historically, even worse than 2013 season.We were crying everywhere for a sponsor, and everybody was aware of that...with these situations, I don't see how Claire could be in a strong position for making a good deal financially.
Also the exposure of Martini was massive.Maybe the logo was smaller but famous Martini lines were all over the car so I don't see a big RoKit sticker and indication of more payment.

Still that was a brilliant job by Claire AGAIN on sponsorship side.She looks to be good to find a title sponsor in our worst years and in a time that F1 field is failing to get new sponsors onboard.

I believe the rates changed from when Martini got the deal.

Unilever are paying $15m for the sidepods, front suspension arms, Halo and nose.
Rokit have rear wing, engine cover, sidepods side winglets, nose and naming of the team.
IMO they're paying $25m.

ihme (IP Logged)
11 February, 2019 17:43
Quote:
Francesc
Quote:
Mehryar

I believe the rates changed from when Martini got the deal.

Unilever are paying $15m for the sidepods, front suspension arms, Halo and nose.
Rokit have rear wing, engine cover, sidepods side winglets, nose and naming of the team.
IMO they're paying $25m.

ROKiT logo is also in the middle of the halo with Rexona on the sides.

The rumors before the launch were - besides that ROKiT will be the title sponsor - that this is a better deal than Martini's.

88 (IP Logged)
11 February, 2019 17:46

ihme (IP Logged)
11 February, 2019 18:10
Now I know what this car reminds me of - a great white shark!

https://uploads.disquscdn.com/images/ef37bd204d9085756d8c14de25eca48a592fbc4afe00f20b84c5210a81107104.jpg

Bond (IP Logged)
11 February, 2019 18:11
Quote:
ihme

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DzIp0cCWwAEXyUF.jpg:large

I really like the modern livery.
Hey if we don't move forward, we'll be going backwards (see last year).
Thanks for the pic ihme.

Is this the FW42?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/02/2019 18:12 by Bond.

Current Page: 13 of 17

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net