Days
Hours
Minutes
Seconds

Current Page: 14 of 17

Re: Title sponsor announced on Monday.
EagleF1 (IP Logged)
11 February, 2019 18:13
Martini was up to $23m so $25m is a good estimate given the car coverage and title rights.

ihme (IP Logged)
11 February, 2019 18:14
Quote:
Bond
Quote:
ihme

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DzIp0cCWwAEXyUF.jpg:large

I really like the modern livery.
Hey if we don't move forward, we'll be going backwards (see last year).
Thanks for the pic ihme.

Is this the FW42?

That is mostly FW41 sporting a new livery. No FW42 untill next week I'm afraid.

EagleF1 (IP Logged)
11 February, 2019 18:14
definitely the FW41 with new wings

Mehryar (IP Logged)
11 February, 2019 18:34
Quote:
Francesc
Quote:
Mehryar
We should stop having all these carbon black parts.Year after the year it got bigger to a scale that now it's like a little spray somewhere, not a paint job.
About RoKiT payment, no one has any idea but I don't think they pay a penny more than Martini, infact logically they must pay less.

The timing of making the deal, we were the worst team on the grid and also in our worst position historically, even worse than 2013 season.We were crying everywhere for a sponsor, and everybody was aware of that...with these situations, I don't see how Claire could be in a strong position for making a good deal financially.
Also the exposure of Martini was massive.Maybe the logo was smaller but famous Martini lines were all over the car so I don't see a big RoKit sticker and indication of more payment.

Still that was a brilliant job by Claire AGAIN on sponsorship side.She looks to be good to find a title sponsor in our worst years and in a time that F1 field is failing to get new sponsors onboard.

I believe the rates changed from when Martini got the deal.

Unilever are paying $15m for the sidepods, front suspension arms, Halo and nose.
Rokit have rear wing, engine cover, sidepods side winglets, nose and naming of the team.
IMO they're paying $25m.

I think you miss the timing and that's exactly what I was pointing to.
Unilever joined us after a season full of podiums and promises, a team which finished the season as the second best team.No wonder rates have changed since Martini.
Now, we are back to 2013 levels & results, even way more terrible so the rates are back to that time or even lower.
About the exposure on the car:
Rear wing : Same
Engine comver : Same
RoKit has its name on sidepod winglet + nose, Martini had its lines on the whole nose and side of the car.
It's the same size.

http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/1095/mehryarsigyo7.gif

Dylan's Together Through Life Hits The Stores.

j-s (IP Logged)
11 February, 2019 18:50
It's very simple and should be very distinctive on track. That's a definite plus.

I was having trouble distinguishing the Sauber and Williams last year. From the front, obviously.

Speaking of front views... I like that there is some color in the wing, but just on the 3 elements near the nose. Gives it some life without calling attention to the whole monstrosity that is the modern F1 front wing.

It's all good if the colors distinguish the midfield. Black Hass, Yellow Renault, Papaya McLaren, White/Red Alfa?, Pink Racing Point?, Blue Toro Rosso... And a sparkly sky blue for Williams. It works. Definitely fresh.

Darron (IP Logged)
11 February, 2019 19:34
It will take some getting used to after the Martini years, at least they’ve not defaulted to dark blue again.

I think as others have said it would be better without the white.

Maybe it will be different on the FW42.

Could do with a Mercedes logo on it again, anyone know why they took it off last year?

EagleF1 (IP Logged)
11 February, 2019 19:45
Quote:
Darron
It will take some getting used to after the Martini years, at least they’ve not defaulted to dark blue again.
I think as others have said it would be better without the white.

Maybe it will be different on the FW42.

Could do with a Mercedes logo on it again, anyone know why they took it off last year?
Someone told me Mercedes Benz do Brazil were paying/contributing to Massa’s salary, it’s interesting the Mercedes logos disappeared after Massa left. I was expecting some Mercedes or AMG branding coming with Russell.

erratic (IP Logged)
11 February, 2019 21:05
Eugh, looks like someone's been let loose with some light blue higlighters. Very cheap looking. Let's hope it looks better on track, and more importantly, that it's fast.

ihme (IP Logged)
11 February, 2019 21:21
Robert (google translate): "It's always nice to welcome new partners in the team, ROKiT is a young, global company and it's good to have them on board. This is modern Formula One that gives companies a great opportunity.Modern Formula One is quite difficult for independent teams such as Williams and that's why titular sponsor is almost a necessity and we are always happy to welcome new brands New people, new partners that we can not wait to work with. New partners are an opportunity for us to learn new things, new technologies, it's also a chance for us"

"Replacing old painting was not easy because it's historic colors, the new painting is more aggressive and will certainly be more visible on the track, and it's always good, I hope it will be as fast as it is visible. a historic team that has had excellent results in the past, but the world and Formula 1 are moving forward, so it's good that Williams' painting has followed these changes."

"The start of the new season is always an exciting moment, not only for drivers but also for the whole team. Winter is always a very intense period, especially for people in the factory, always trying to implement the work schedule, and at the same time go beyond the technological process to squeeze out the maximum possibilities for preparation for the season. Many things change quickly and the time runs fast. We can not wait to test the car, it's always uncertain. You can set high goals and implement them, but you still will not know what the competition has done. We will get real answers only in qualifying in Australia, but you can have some feelings or feelings during the tests. The driver is waiting for the first ride, first impressions of what the car does, how it behaves. It already gives you an idea of ​​what will be possible. You can have a very good car from the first time you leave the garage and in the case of teams such as Williams this is crucial because you do not focus on solving problems only on performance and try to squeeze the maximum out of the car. I hope that the start of the season will be good, because it's fundamental and it will help us achieve more"

"Last year was difficult for Williams, we've improved a lot, we've learned a lot, Formula 1 is a very dynamic sport, it changes very quickly and rapidly, we all give it our preparations, just like us and I hope that we will go forward in the future the right direction There are different areas in the factory that we have rebuilt so there is definitely a plan to improve the operation Of course, time is running out, and this is not a simple matter Of course, how will the factory depend on how the car will be made, because in Formula 1 is one golden rule and it's called a stopwatch, he never lies, Williams tries to improve things and learn from the past, it's a great place, it's a historic team capable of delivering great results, it's all about putting it together. "

"The winter break is always time to recharge the battery, of course it was an intense time, but pleasantly intense.This is only a few weeks of the year, where you can chill out, although you're working all the time, visiting the factory, driving in a simulator, doing marketing events But there is no hurry in all this, you are in a calm mood, but when the season begins, you need to be sure that you are well prepared mentally and physically that you know what's going to happen this season when it comes to rules and settings. areas where you need to work during the winter, but you can combine them with pleasant things, as I did, going to Tenerife for a week, which I think is one of the best places to ride a bike "

"Australia will be my second debut, although I did not debut there only in Hungary for the first time, I have quite positive emotions, I'm a little excited, but in a positive way, it gives me positive thinking and energy. I can not wait for the moment when Certainly there will be some emotions, but it is important to control them and to provide positive effects, but you never know how your body and your brain will react, but it's a pleasant anticipation, something I've been working on for many years. "

andy si (IP Logged)
11 February, 2019 21:25
Quote:
Francesc
Why they couldn't make the whole car with that light blue and forget the white? (Sm164)
I like it, but it would be perfect without white.

Must agree on the subject of white. Combination without would be way more appealing.
But as is.. it's got just the right kind of sex apeal! €€€ :-

ihme (IP Logged)
11 February, 2019 21:34
Seems like ROKiT's founder, Dejoria, is an iverstor at the Circuits of the Americas.

From reddit: "And a long-time patron (no pun intended) of all kinds of motorsports. Usually sponsored endurance prototypes, but also GT cars and his own daughter's dragster."

https://image.shutterstock.com/z/stock-photo-austin-october-the-john-paul-dejoria-family-tunnel-entrance-to-the-team-area-at-the-circuit-506467540.jpg

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/02/2019 21:35 by ihme.

Williams-123 (IP Logged)
11 February, 2019 21:35
Quote:
MViper
F**k me sideways. This is horrendous. It looks like some kids from the block were just learning how to spray graffities. I was afraid team would go lazy and just reuse martini's non alco livery (with that blue stripe instead of red).. from one of the pretiest legendary livery on the grid to this..

ihme & AlanJones think the complete opposite to you, they are saying they actually like it(Sm55)

ihme (IP Logged)
11 February, 2019 21:37
Quote:
Williams-123
Quote:
MViper
F**k me sideways. This is horrendous. It looks like some kids from the block were just learning how to spray graffities. I was afraid team would go lazy and just reuse martini's non alco livery (with that blue stripe instead of red).. from one of the pretiest legendary livery on the grid to this..

ihme & AlanJones think the complete opposite to you, they are saying they actually like it(Sm55)

I do like it. And it will look even better in daylight.

ihme (IP Logged)
11 February, 2019 21:41
About our new title sponsor:

[www.birminghammail.co.uk]

ihme (IP Logged)
11 February, 2019 21:45
A new sponsor could be announced in the next few days.

EagleF1 (IP Logged)
11 February, 2019 21:46
If they changed the white to silver it wouldn’t look half so awkward

Williams-123 (IP Logged)
11 February, 2019 21:55
L@@K...W@W...Just read this thread and I can't believe how there are so mixed responses to the new livery...WTF some people on here are saying they love it and others are saying it is ugly.

How can there be people who think so different and at completely two different ends of the scale?

So what is it ? Is this new livery good or bad?

I have read posts in this thread with around 4 people saying they like it and posts with about 8 people saying they hate it.

I'm confused by the posts here, does this livery look good or bad (Sm55)

Mehryar (IP Logged)
11 February, 2019 22:02
Poor guy, you don't even have an idea about what does "taste" mean and still look for an answer!

http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/1095/mehryarsigyo7.gif

Dylan's Together Through Life Hits The Stores.

CLOVERLEAF 888 (IP Logged)
11 February, 2019 22:22
I really think in natural light, it will look much better. Don't think under those lights we are getting a true likeness.

Greg_OR (IP Logged)
11 February, 2019 22:27
IMO its good the way it is - love it or hate it, as nowadays many try to satisfy all around and that usually ends up in really ugly and boring designs.
I prefer more hard, sharp shapes not presented soft lines, but OK, let this softie be a wolf in sheep's clothing (in a good way for us, I mean smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/02/2019 22:28 by Greg_OR.

Current Page: 14 of 17

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net