Days
Hours
Minutes
Seconds

Current Page: 15 of 17

Re: Title sponsor announced on Monday.
Mikef1 (IP Logged)
11 February, 2019 22:58
It's growing on me. I prefer it to the HAAS. Reserve judgement til you see it on the track that candy blue will be great in sunlight

88 (IP Logged)
11 February, 2019 23:12
Securing a title partner off the back of the team’s worst season to date is an astounding achievement and one which is rarely accomplished – as proven by the collapse of teams such as Manor Racing and Caterham. So revealing that Williams have not only secured a new sponsor, but a new title sponsor is fantastic news for the Championship. Their partners in crime are ROKiT who are a new telco brand that offers consumers state of the art mobile handsets and wireless connectivity along with various other products.

[www.racecar-engineering.com]

phatjack (IP Logged)
11 February, 2019 23:18
Quote:
Mehryar
Poor guy, you don't even have an idea about what does "taste" mean and still look for an answer!

A light blue with a dark blue livery can work. It's the black and red that doesn't fit. Though with "Rockit" being the title sponsor the light blue fade does nothing to enhance it's image. Williams should be commended for trying to appeal to the younger crowd ... George can't do it all by himself.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/02/2019 23:20 by phatjack.

ihme (IP Logged)
12 February, 2019 00:15
So we've got screwed by the shady Rich Energy when they didnt want to pay 15-20m$ (and this made Claire crying at nights) and then they went to Haas for 50% less and instead we've got a multiyear ROKiT deal for like - I dont know - 20-25m + 12m$ from Orlen? LOL. This is great!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/02/2019 09:33 by ihme.

Williams-123 (IP Logged)
12 February, 2019 03:02
Quote:
Mehryar
Poor guy, you don't even have an idea about what does "taste" mean and still look for an answer!

Mehryar I am not the only one looking for an answer, thousands of people on twitter are looking for an answer also and the word is that thousands of people on twitter are very disappointed with this new Williams livery...(Sm17)(Sm17)(Sm17)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/02/2019 03:03 by Williams-123.

Andrew Hooper (IP Logged)
12 February, 2019 03:20
As they say you can keep some of the people happy ... blah bl;ah blah you know the rest.

I really don't care what people think at the end of the day Williams secured a major new sponsorship deal and if that means running certain colours to keep the sponsors happy, and no doubt they would have had to sign off on the design, well so be it. I can very happily survive that. I thought it was great that Williams put one over all the other F1 teams to get Rokit as a sponsor. At least we haven't had to revert to a tobacco company to find funding.

I love the fact that it got people taking and interested in Williams, which is good exposure for their sponsors. Whereas you look at the response for Torro Rosso it was so so flat with people say how boring it was that they ran the same colours as last year.

Anyway I like the colours so I will move on. The next big challenge is the FW42. Will it be a big step up from the terrible FW41. I hope we get to see some true pace from the 2019 car in testing and not be left wondering whether the team has issues or is sand bagging to hide the cars true pace. I would like to be able to go to Australia with at least a sort of positive feeling.

Williams-123 (IP Logged)
12 February, 2019 03:30
Yeah I myself am on the fence with this new livery not sure if I like it or not, Andrew I was just pointing out some stuff to Mehryar after the post I think he directed at me..................................So all good thumbs down

dot_com (IP Logged)
12 February, 2019 04:24
It’s possible that the livery will change slightly by the time we get to Australia. Surely the new car will require slight modifications to suit the new bodywork etc. I’m looking forward to seeing it in testing. Here’s hoping for reliability and consistency, with a few signs of good pace too :-)

Just as an aside rant, it’s interesting that Saward hasn’t even made mention of the new car on his blog - someone so much as blows their nose at Ferrari and he’s got a page about it within an hour, but Williams release a new livery and title sponsor and nothing. </rant>

IanSmithISA (IP Logged)
12 February, 2019 05:45
Good morning,

I don't know what to make of it! :-)

If you look at the web site [www.rokbrands.com] it looks very much like Virgin, a name attached to many unrelated businesses.

The mobile phone site [rokitphones.com] is just a holding page.

So there could easily be stacks of cash to burn in the marketing budget or the cash may be conditional on the success of the group or a particular business within the group.

If Williams have had a cheque for £20-£30 million then I am very happy for them and they have done a brilliant job in finding this new sponsor.

It does seem surprising that someone with this sort of budget would have come into being at just the time that Williams were available as you would have thought that if you have this sort of marketing budget available then you would know where it was going to be spent before it was assembled.

Maybe Williams managed to divert it from another team or sport or it is just a very happy case of good timing.

Bye

Ian

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/02/2019 05:53 by IanSmithISA.

Mikef1 (IP Logged)
12 February, 2019 07:34
There is still space on the chassis sides, top and front wing/rear wing for another large partnership if this tata stuff is true.

Darron (IP Logged)
12 February, 2019 09:03
The picture in the new banner above, a quick look it reminds me of a Finish diswasher tablet with the blue and white, the red O the powerball thing.

ihme (IP Logged)
12 February, 2019 09:47
Quote:
IanSmithISA
Good morning,
I don't know what to make of it! :-)

If you look at the web site [www.rokbrands.com] it looks very much like Virgin, a name attached to many unrelated businesses.

The mobile phone site [rokitphones.com] is just a holding page.

So there could easily be stacks of cash to burn in the marketing budget or the cash may be conditional on the success of the group or a particular business within the group.

If Williams have had a cheque for £20-£30 million then I am very happy for them and they have done a brilliant job in finding this new sponsor.

It does seem surprising that someone with this sort of budget would have come into being at just the time that Williams were available as you would have thought that if you have this sort of marketing budget available then you would know where it was going to be spent before it was assembled.

Maybe Williams managed to divert it from another team or sport or it is just a very happy case of good timing.

Bye

Ian

Here's the explaination Ian:

Speaking at the launch of the team’s new livery and title sponsor yesterday, Williams explained how she successfully pitched the deal to ROK Brands chairman Jonathan Kendrick.

“Jonathan is a big fan of HP sauce,” said Williams. “And he said to me when he was flying in, ‘I’m going to need a bacon roll with some HP sauce’.

“That first meeting there was a bottle of HP signed by both our racing drivers. And I think the deal was pretty much done then.”

Kendrick revealed Rokit were in discussions with rival F1 teams about a potential deal for the 2019 F1 season.

“We were approached by three or four other Formula 1 teams when they realised we were in the market,” he said. “And the reason we’re with Williams is it’s British, I’m British, my company’s British.

“I love the fact that the Williams name has been above the garage now for a lot longer than other teams that are not here any more: Tyrrell, Lotus, BRM, Cooper, Brabham – Williams is still standing. That was one reason.

“And the other reason quite bluntly is this lady here, Claire. So I met Claire, had a great meeting, bought into her vision, her passion, her drive and strategy. And basically I was all-in in about 45 minutes.”

The full extent of the multi-year deal has not yet been confirmed but Kendrick described it as “a long-term partnership” which he expects to last for “many, many years”.

He also explained how his connection to the team extends began decades earlier. “I was a Goodyear tyre engineer when I was 20 years old in Wolverhampton,” he said.

“All Goodyear racing tyres for Formula 1 were made in Wolverhampton, where I was born. And in 1978 they sent me out to look after the new team in Buenos Aires

“And quite remarkably I was the tyre engineer for Alan Jones and Frank at the first race in Argentina. And 41 years later here I am as the title sponsor. It’s a dream come true and I’m very proud to be sat here.”

ihme (IP Logged)
12 February, 2019 10:27

Gwanni (IP Logged)
12 February, 2019 10:53
There are no other words but to say a big well done to Claire and the team who worked hard to get sponsors and title partner.

MViper (IP Logged)
12 February, 2019 11:13
Quote:
Williams-123
Quote:
MViper
F**k me sideways. This is horrendous. It looks like some kids from the block were just learning how to spray graffities. I was afraid team would go lazy and just reuse martini's non alco livery (with that blue stripe instead of red).. from one of the pretiest legendary livery on the grid to this..

ihme & AlanJones think the complete opposite to you, they are saying they actually like it(Sm55)

Well what can I say, good for them. I still don't like it. It looks like a first time airbush try from a not very gifted kid from elementary art school.

But I hope she's fast and rokit brings good money.

Williams Racing

ihme (IP Logged)
12 February, 2019 12:54
Here's how the livery could look in the daylight (right click and "show image" for the full version):

https://www.racedepartment.com/attachments/20190212174336_1-jpg.291073/

https://www.racedepartment.com/attachments/f1_2018_photo_20190212_174817-jpg.291074/

https://www.racedepartment.com/attachments/f1_2018_photo_20190212_175032-jpg.291075/

https://www.racedepartment.com/attachments/f1_2018_photo_20190212_175442-jpg.291076/

https://www.racedepartment.com/attachments/201_rokit_williams_complete_p_114-45688-jpg.291072/

https://uploads.disquscdn.com/images/ccbdaa271e8f26241f31a302f1fdf4afd2e42c583888ceff20630f8d5aedeff2.jpg

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/02/2019 14:13 by ihme.

Anderis (IP Logged)
12 February, 2019 14:19
Quote:
Securing a title partner off the back of the team’s worst season to date is an astounding achievement and one which is rarely accomplished
Not so rarely at Williams. It was the same story in 2013-->2014. (Sm100)

williams4284 (IP Logged)
12 February, 2019 15:38
The white should turn to sky blue, then it will get properly right.

williams4284 (IP Logged)
12 February, 2019 15:40
Someone should do a proper render and send it to all involved.

ihme (IP Logged)
12 February, 2019 16:13
Romors that we will be having the filming day on the 22th instead od 16th. Testing on schedule. Renault will probably do the same.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/02/2019 16:15 by ihme.

Current Page: 15 of 17

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net