17 February, 2019 08:25
It's official, we are to miss test day 1

http://oi60.tinypic.com/24eyh6f.jpg

Re: It's official, we are to miss test day 1
Vancha (IP Logged)
17 February, 2019 08:29
17/02/2019

ROKiT Williams Racing Barcelona Test Update

Claire Williams, Deputy Team Principal, ROKiT Williams Racing: “Unfortunately, we have had to delay the start of our pre-season Barcelona test to Tuesday morning. We have had an incredibly busy winter at Grove getting the FW42 prepared for the season ahead and, despite everyone’s best efforts, we need some more time before it will be ready to run.

“Our absolute priority is to always ensure we bring a car to the track that is the best that it can be and sometimes that takes longer than you’d anticipate or like. It’s clearly not ideal, but equally it’s not the end of the world.

“We will obviously have our work cut out to recover the time lost but we still have seven days of testing left and we will be maximising that time to prepare the car for the first race.”

-Ends-

Driver Programme

Monday 18 February: N/A

Tuesday 19 February: George Russell (AM), Nicholas Latifi (PM)

Wednesday 20 February: Nicholas Latifi (AM), Robert Kubica (PM)

Thursday 21 February: Robert Kubica (AM), George Russell (PM)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 17/02/2019 08:32 by Vancha.

Gwanni (IP Logged)
17 February, 2019 08:38
Does not bode well!

tomazy (IP Logged)
17 February, 2019 08:43
I just hope that there will be no further delays and that we run first on tuesday morning.

ihme (IP Logged)
17 February, 2019 09:15
Heres the rumored updated schedule that is flying around:

T: Russell/Kubica
W: Latifi/Kubica
T: Kubica/Russell

williams4284 (IP Logged)
17 February, 2019 09:18
If Latifi gets 1 fulla day as our main drivers then I m lost

GroveF1 (IP Logged)
17 February, 2019 09:47
I hope it's for a good reason like using as much time to build parts etc for the test but doesn't sound like a good start

ihme (IP Logged)
17 February, 2019 09:58
Seems that the rumored schedule I posted was wrong and Latifi will get as much running time as out main drivers which is ridiculous. Plus we cancelled all media sessions on monday:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DzmTaTBXgAA_vSi.jpg

erratic (IP Logged)
17 February, 2019 09:58
There was probably a time when news like this would have drawn the response "they must be hiding something they want no one else to copy."

Anderis (IP Logged)
17 February, 2019 10:20
I think they sold Latifi a certain amount of track time so there's not much they can do about race drivers losing more track time than him due to the delay with the car.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 17/02/2019 10:20 by Anderis.

ihme (IP Logged)
17 February, 2019 10:40
Now all is needed for this marvelous beginning to our 2019 winter testing is Latifi to crash and **** the car up without any spares...

Francesc (IP Logged)
17 February, 2019 11:05
I would like them to give a good explanation of what really happened and not the usual PR bullshit.

Damon96 (IP Logged)
17 February, 2019 11:34
I wouldn’t be so worried if the renders looked aggressive but we seem to have gone for a basic car design and are still late. Do you think we delayed work on the 42 car till they bottomed out the 41 issues and now that has put it back along way, hence the simple design and late car? I don’t remember us being late even when we had late engine supplier changes.

GPL (IP Logged)
17 February, 2019 11:52
Yes to get the truth would help, but that will not happen.

Again we can only wait.

Maybe later on someone may enlighten us.

Francesc (IP Logged)
17 February, 2019 12:01
One of the biggest changes from last year is the gearbox apparently. Changing from titanium to carbon fiber maybe they didn't get it ready in time.

Missing one day will mean not being able to do all the setup changes they would like. And Williams always waste a lot of time in the garage. To change the car from one driver to another it takes them more than 2 hours. For example Mercedes only need the lunch one hour break to do it...

Andrew Hooper (IP Logged)
17 February, 2019 12:46
As George Russell said it will only require an extra 10 laps per day to make up for what was planned for Monday as part of the test programme. Not that hard to do I would think.

Francesc (IP Logged)
17 February, 2019 13:06
It's not that simple Andrew. There comes a point where teams focus less on doing laps and focus more on experimenting with the car to extract the full potential. Williams will have less of that now.

maximilian72 (IP Logged)
17 February, 2019 13:17
There is absolutely no excuse for this. None. Williams team is building this car for last 7 months and they are late for the testing of the product. Slowest car last year and they are late into new season. Only excuse that will work with me is statement- we have fastest car and we needed more time. Period.

phatjack (IP Logged)
17 February, 2019 13:17
I can't find anything about passing the FIA crash tests for the FW42.

CLOVERLEAF 888 (IP Logged)
17 February, 2019 14:03
I can't believe this team. They started on the 42 early and are still late. I'm sorry but I'm begining to think we don't deserve a place in Formula 1. We are just not professional enough. Their is such limited testing and can ill afford to lose time to the others. Quite honestly Claire, you should resign and somebody else needs to take charge and kick ass. Really are no excuses. Is it any wonder every one else just laughs at us. Claires time at the helm will be the undoing and is the undoing. If she were a football manager she would have been sacked a long time ago. Love this team. Just don't like the way it is steered.

Current Page: 1 of 14

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net