Re: It's official, we are to miss test day 1
Gunk (IP Logged)
20 February, 2019 06:57
Quote:
AlanJones
[
Journalism on Twitter by Benson in a nutshell:
- Pick an event that does not go as planned
- Write a post about how you have heard rumors that the person in charge will get the boot
- Watch your post get flight and makes people start to believe
- See the professional press pick your story up and write a goddamn article in the Telegraph about it
- Watch the Telegraph getting burned because they do not have any sources besides your post

I have no time for Benson at all and one suspects he could have been put up to it - often by anyone who will buy him lunch.

Last year, when Williams got a bad press for having the 'worst ever driver line up', it was Benson formulating the argument that Sirotkin was a million miles an hour quicker than Kubica. He sent out a press release, picked up by Grand Prix com, which was tantanount to a character assassination job on Robert. It's Benson at the moment who is spreading the story that this car is 2 seconds a lap slower than last year's . . . even before it has turned a wheel.

Of course, we all know that there are two sides to every story but the inference in these articles is 'Williams squeaky clean, Paddy bad'. It does mean that there are elements at Williams briefing against Lowe and that could well make his position untenable.

Gwanni (IP Logged)
20 February, 2019 07:05
Day three of Formula 1 pre-season testing will be hotly anticipated as all eyes fall on Williams to see if the beleaguered side can finally get going in Barcelona. The FW42 travelled to the Circuit de Catalunya in the small hours of the morning, with further construction taking place at the track.

AlanJones (IP Logged)
20 February, 2019 07:09
Quote:
Gunk
Quote:
AlanJones
[
- Write a post about how you have heard rumors that the person in charge will get the boot
- See the professional press pick your story up and write a goddamn article in the Telegraph about it
- Watch the Telegraph getting burned because they do not have any sources besides your post

I have no time for Benson at all and one suspects he could have been put up to it - often by anyone who will buy him lunch.

Last year, when Williams got a bad press for having the 'worst ever driver line up', it was Benson formulating the argument that Sirotkin was a million miles an hour quicker than Kubica. He sent out a press release, picked up by Grand Prix com, which was tantanount to a character assassination job on Robert. It's Benson at the moment who is spreading the story that this car is 2 seconds a lap slower than last year's . . . even before it has turned a wheel.

Of course, we all know that there are two sides to every story but the inference in these articles is 'Williams squeaky clean, Paddy bad'. It does mean that there are elements at Williams briefing against Lowe and that could well make his position untenable.

Precisely. All the negativism on Williams seems to be sourced back to Benson's Twitter fued against us. I'm not saying he could be right. But his influence in all these stories floating right now is quite big.

http://oi60.tinypic.com/24eyh6f.jpg

Gwanni (IP Logged)
20 February, 2019 07:10

M79 (IP Logged)
20 February, 2019 07:11
Quote:
Andrew Hooper
Well written piece not looking to stir the fires.

It's pretty clear that part of the press is really looking to sink the knife in just that little bit deeper.
I feel that call for sacking (part of) our (technical) management team is just a little too simple, because there is no quick-fix once such people are out the door. All other good personnel are under contract with other teams meaning that you'll have to solve such things internally. And that was already done once with de Beer and Wood if I am not mistaken.

erratic (IP Logged)
20 February, 2019 07:15
Quote:
Gunk

Office politics. They are under tremendous pressure. People always bad mouth each other in these situations, just not usually played out in the press and forums by people with an agenda.

shriekback (IP Logged)
20 February, 2019 08:12
Quote:
stt
Not a bad effort Gunk. Just ignore the pathetic fanboy from the politically correct crowd, riding his high horse.
Humor aside, the real problem with Claire Williams is that she is simply dumb. Anyone who hasn't seen that after watching a couple of interviews with her isn't much better.

F*ck you thumb-dick loser! Is that politically incorrect enough for you?

Humor? Where?

Taking cheap shots at women simply because they’re women—that’s pathetic. You are pathetic for identifying with and defending it stt. Who are you to declare anyone to be dumb?

I don’t think either you or Gunk are Williams supporters at all. If you call bigoted attacks on the founder and current leadership of the team “support,” I feel sorry for anyone counting on either of you.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 20/02/2019 08:14 by shriekback.

AlanJones (IP Logged)
20 February, 2019 08:25
Quote:
shriekback
Quote:
stt
Not a bad effort Gunk. Just ignore the pathetic fanboy from the politically correct crowd, riding his high horse.
Humor aside, the real problem with Claire Williams is that she is simply dumb. Anyone who hasn't seen that after watching a couple of interviews with her isn't much better.

Humor? Where?

Taking cheap shots at women simply because they’re women—that’s pathetic. You are pathetic for identifying with and defending it stt. Who are you to declare anyone to be dumb?

I don’t think either you or Gunk are Williams supporters at all. If you call bigoted attacks on the founder and current leadership of the team “support,” I feel sorry for anyone counting on either of you.

Altough I think you are in your right, keep it neat. We got other things to argue about today.

http://oi60.tinypic.com/24eyh6f.jpg

shriekback (IP Logged)
20 February, 2019 08:47
Quote:
AlanJones
Quote:
shriekback
Quote:
stt

Humor? Where?

Altough I think you are in your right, keep it neat. We got other things to argue about today.

Agreed.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 20/02/2019 08:49 by shriekback.

Andrew Hooper (IP Logged)
20 February, 2019 11:03
FYI I will not tolerate comments from people in regard to saying that someone from the Williams team is dumb.

I think you know the comment.

Gwanni (IP Logged)
20 February, 2019 11:06
Quote:
Andrew Hooper
FYI I will not tolerate comments from people in regard to saying that someone from the Williams team is dumb.
I think you know the comment.
Agreed!

Mehryar (IP Logged)
20 February, 2019 13:01
Quote:
shriekback
Quote:
stt

Humor? Where?

Chill, Gunk has been here a long time and is one of the nicest guys around...and well, a true Williams fan too...No need to over react to a comment really.

http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/1095/mehryarsigyo7.gif

Dylan's Together Through Life Hits The Stores.

Bond (IP Logged)
20 February, 2019 14:48
Quote:
shriekback
Quote:
AlanJones
Quote:
shriekback
Quote:
dot_com
This is a pretty disturbing peice. It sounds like tensions are pretty high between Paddy and the Williams’s...
[www.telegraph.co.uk]

I read that too. It is pretty vague about the sources of reports on the atmosphere within the team--whether the author actually spoke to anyone or just read gossip online and drew conclusions. "There is understood to be fury..." Understood by whom, based on what information, supplied by what sources? That manner of reporting is really shoddy.

In any case, it's unfortunate that there is any possible basis for such claims and for having to consider if they might be accurate. I would suggest before we take them too seriously, however, that everyone recall how there was supposed to be mass upheaval and fury inside of McLaren last year, and they seem to be going pretty well right now.

It wouldn't surprise me at all if this is how this whole story went down.

Sure, perhaps Frank and Claire have identified Paddy as the ultimate source of all this delay and have effectively shoved him to one side.

It seems equally plausible that Paddy is simply putting every last ounce of his energy into getting the car finished (I know I would if I had his job) and word was leaked (if it was leaked and not just made up) that Frank and Claire were supervising the job with the idea (perhaps mistaken) that that prospect would be of comfort to fans and sponsors.

Stating the obvious here but the truth is somewhere in the middle - even as Claire didn't allude to Paddy today or last couple of days at all - but I hope it's the latter as you written!

Current Page: 14 of 14

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net