Hours
Minutes
Seconds

Goto Page: 123456Next
Current Page: 1 of 6
Future of Paddy Lowe thread
Stuart L (IP Logged)
17 February, 2019 14:18
Iím going to be controversial and start a debate about whether the car will be so bad that the technical leader has to go?

Iím not getting a good feeling with the renders, missing the filming day and now missing the first day of testing.

I really wanted Paddy to work out for Williams. Suspect this thread will be full of debate by close of play Thursday when the first test closes.

Sadly my expectation is we will be bottom of the timesheets, and therefore I think Paddy will be gone by at the latest after Barcelona Grand Prix in May.

Time to throw massive equity at Adrian Newey!

I hope Iím completely wrong and the team have made a massive step forwards, and will love having to say I was wrong!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 17/02/2019 14:21 by Stuart L.

Re: Future of Paddy Lowe thread
erratic (IP Logged)
17 February, 2019 15:13
I still have hope.

Francesc (IP Logged)
17 February, 2019 15:21
I think the car will be topping speed traps as I think it will be the one with the less downforce of the grid. I expect it to be 9th best car at best.

I believe the team are afraid of introducing innovations or exploring new routes infear of losing their job because of the blame culture at Williams...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 17/02/2019 15:23 by Francesc.

phatjack (IP Logged)
17 February, 2019 17:08
Look at the bright side, lap times are expected to drop by 1.5 seconds so if the FW42 can be on par with the fW41 the hill will be easier to climb.

Mikef1 (IP Logged)
17 February, 2019 17:21
I heard it was faster than last year's car already. That was before Christmas.

Albi-Quin (IP Logged)
17 February, 2019 17:30
Quote:
Stuart L
Iím going to be controversial and start a debate about whether the car will be so bad that the technical leader has to go?
Iím not getting a good feeling with the renders, missing the filming day and now missing the first day of testing.

I really wanted Paddy to work out for Williams. Suspect this thread will be full of debate by close of play Thursday when the first test closes.

Sadly my expectation is we will be bottom of the timesheets, and therefore I think Paddy will be gone by at the latest after Barcelona Grand Prix in May.

Time to throw massive equity at Adrian Newey!

I hope Iím completely wrong and the team have made a massive step forwards, and will love having to say I was wrong!

What a load of rubbish. Newey will not return to Williams.
There isnít a hope in hell of this happening.

Mehryar (IP Logged)
17 February, 2019 17:57
1.5sec thing is said by Binotto.
I think that was about the starting point and how much they can recover before they hit the track in Australia is unknown.

http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/1095/mehryarsigyo7.gif

Dylan's Together Through Life Hits The Stores.

Gunk (IP Logged)
17 February, 2019 18:28
I'm sure Claire will prefer it if Paddy gets the job done or at least moves things in the right direction. Replacements are hard to come by and there's gardening leave and all that stuff. McLaren is having to fill in while waiting for Key.

He would have to screw up big time . . . and at the moment it's probably down to him and Williams not being a great fit. But good professionals can sort that.

shriekback (IP Logged)
17 February, 2019 19:26
I seem to recall that Williams gave Lowe a good bit of equity to lure him back to the team in the first place. I suspect that will make it hard to just send him packing if the car proves to be uncompetitive.

This is hardly a shining moment in his career, but he has proven he can do the job before. Let's hope he is able to prove that again.

Vancha (IP Logged)
17 February, 2019 20:02
I didn't saw Paddy on the livery presentation. Claire looked so alone. + 2 drivers and 1 old car with new colors.

Cant see our technical staff in our website.

The other teams made several runs on the track. We're looking at some rendered pics here..

wat a mess

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 17/02/2019 20:03 by Vancha.

Mehryar (IP Logged)
17 February, 2019 20:09
If one should revise his/her approach, that's Claire herself.
Look, Paddy has proved himself.Not once but for 20years.Not in one team, but for 2 teams.
Just like every other genius out there (Newey, Pat etc...) these guys need enough resources to follow their ideas and gather a good team around them.
Claire didn't move when she should to go for Honda deal & bring in alot of free resources.

http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/1095/mehryarsigyo7.gif

Dylan's Together Through Life Hits The Stores.

dot_com (IP Logged)
17 February, 2019 20:21
I think itís a little early to start swinging pitch forks. Paddy is a proven top level TD, and itís not fair to expect him to come in and make us front runners within a couple of years. Thereís obviously something fundamentally broken at Williams that will take time to fix. Ive never been a huge @#$%& of PL personally, but heís clearly had a lot of success so Iím willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. The car not being ready for the first day of testing really bothers me though - it also makes me dread the announcement half way though the day tomorrow that it wonít be ready for the second day either...

shriekback (IP Logged)
17 February, 2019 20:45
Quote:
dot_com
I think itís a little early to start swinging pitch forks. Paddy is a proven top level TD, and itís not fair to expect him to come in and make us front runners within a couple of years. Thereís obviously something fundamentally broken at Williams that will take time to fix. Ive never been a huge @#$%& of PL personally, but heís clearly had a lot of success so Iím willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. The car not being ready for the first day of testing really bothers me though - it also makes me dread the announcement half way though the day tomorrow that it wonít be ready for the second day either...

I wasn't going to say that last bit, but since it's out--me too!

j-s (IP Logged)
17 February, 2019 20:59
Let's see how the car drives. Then we can come back to this topic.

Williams-123 (IP Logged)
18 February, 2019 04:18
I don't think Paddy Lowe is or ever has been as good as Adrian Newey....Is this correct?

andy si (IP Logged)
18 February, 2019 06:33
Quote:
Williams-123
I don't think Paddy Lowe is or ever has been as good as Adrian Newey....Is this correct?

We get to see that on track...

Mikef1 (IP Logged)
18 February, 2019 07:15
Two different career paths. Paddy was never an aerodynamicist if I'm not mistaken.

Williams-123 (IP Logged)
18 February, 2019 08:29
Quote:
Mikef1
Two different career paths. Paddy was never an aerodynamicist if I'm not mistaken.

I think you are correct Mike, So who is the aerodynamicist at Williams at the moment???

Who is the equivalent to what Newey is at Red Bull at Williams???

Who is the aerodynamicist at Williams at the moment, is there a guy like Newey at Williams???

What is his name???

Williams-123 (IP Logged)
18 February, 2019 08:34
Is it Doug McKiernan??? Dave Wheater??? I have never heard of these guys like I have heard of Adrian Newey.

Mikef1 (IP Logged)
18 February, 2019 08:36
We'd hired Dirk De Beer but he was sacked/resigned after his FW41. I do not remember who replaced him. I almost feel like it's worth paying a lot to get a senior guy from Red Bull who can show the team what they are missing whether it's in the process or the concept.

Goto Page: 123456Next
Current Page: 1 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net