Seconds

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 2 of 6

Re: Future of Paddy Lowe thread
Williams-123 (IP Logged)
18 February, 2019 08:38
Quote:
Mikef1
We'd hired Dirk De Beer but he was sacked/resigned after his FW41. I do not remember who replaced him. I almost feel like it's worth paying a lot to get a senior guy from Red Bull who can show the team what they are missing whether it's in the process or the concept.

Hey Mike I just looked it up I think its Doug McKiernan??? Dave Wheater???

Stuart L (IP Logged)
18 February, 2019 08:52
Doug mctiernan is chief designer. Dave wheater lead at aero.

Williams-123 (IP Logged)
18 February, 2019 08:54
Quote:
Stuart L
Doug mctiernan is chief designer. Dave wheater lead at aero.

Okay thanks.

AlanJones (IP Logged)
18 February, 2019 15:21
As long as we don't have a car on track and do not have full insights on what unfolds at the factory, it is useless to even discuss this.

http://oi60.tinypic.com/24eyh6f.jpg

tedsouf (IP Logged)
18 February, 2019 16:00
Not sure if this the right thread or if this was mentioned before but i found this nice read:
[www.gptoday.net]
Says about the philosofy and mistakes around FW41.

EagleF1 (IP Logged)
18 February, 2019 16:09
This will sound nave but... if Paddy has worked some magic at the last minute that absolutely must be put on the car then he will be a hero. If...

ihme (IP Logged)
18 February, 2019 21:22
Autosport now reporting too: Williams's 2019 F1 car delay prompts questions over Paddy Lowe future

[www.autosport.com]

Mikef1 (IP Logged)
18 February, 2019 21:42
Quote:
ihme
Autosport now reporting too: Williams's 2019 F1 car delay prompts questions over Paddy Lowe future
[www.autosport.com]

I mean this is just obvious clickbait media with no actual content. Just full of reddit heresay. Autosport are becoming useless

Mehryar (IP Logged)
18 February, 2019 21:57
Quote:
Mikef1
Quote:
ihme
[www.autosport.com]

I mean this is just obvious clickbait media with no actual content. Just full of reddit heresay. Autosport are becoming useless

Well, not that much as you say.
Motorsport.com asks about Lowe's future with the team and the answer is "No Comment".
That's actually a very telling content : Crisis.

http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/1095/mehryarsigyo7.gif

Dylan's Together Through Life Hits The Stores.

Mikef1 (IP Logged)
18 February, 2019 22:07
Quote:
Mehryar
Quote:
Mikef1
Quote:
ihme
[www.autosport.com]

Well, not that much as you say.
Motorsport.com asks about Lowe's future with the team and the answer is "No Comment".
That's actually a very telling content : Crisis.

I suppose that is true. If they were truly behind Paddy they woukd dismiss those kind of rumours.

AlanJones (IP Logged)
18 February, 2019 22:49
Dismissal or no comment would mean the same for any sour person.
No comment on my book means; "shut the f.ck up and leave us alone" at this stage.

http://oi60.tinypic.com/24eyh6f.jpg

Andrew Hooper (IP Logged)
19 February, 2019 03:45
Getting new guys as its not going to help in the short term as most are under contract and even if you could get them to leave and join Williams no doubt there would be a period of gardening leave that would last till the end of the season.

IanSmithISA (IP Logged)
19 February, 2019 07:05
Good morning,

As odd as it may sound I am almost pleased by this situation!

Williams can't simply say this is just Paddy Lowe's fault, sack him and move on in some direction, well they can but this would be really burying their heads in the sand.

I accept that if the car is brilliant then this will be quickly forgotten, but there is no expectation that it is a championship winner, so instead discussions will be had and the crunch issue may resolve down to

Paddy Lowe: Yes, I know that people were warning that we wouldn't meet deadlines but I don't think that people were being ambitious enough.

Others: No, we were being realistic.

So who is right, is PL forcing Williams to operate at the level of the very best and the team is no longer used to operating at that level?

Or is PL wrong and he is used to the resources of Mercedes and overstressing the team?

This may also address the suggested issues that the some staff may be feeling badly treated, are they being badly treated or are their expectations of what is required of them too low?

What seems to me to be the next step is to try and determine who is right, so how would that be done?

It can't be done internally and you can't bring in outside help easily as where are there people outside of F1 that understand F1?

This seems to suggest that the next step would to bring someone in to work alongside PL who has recent experience of success in F1. This person would not need to be a famous name just someone who is familiar with the demands of success in modern F1.

After a year or so Williams can have a really big row internally and either find an appropriate TD or "kick" some staff further down the hierarchy.

Although last year was bad and Williams did have a couple of good years when the Merc engine was new and the most powerful Williams are not just having a couple of bad years, not winning races has been going on for a long time now. :-(

We must of course take into account one of my favourite hobby horses, the resources and emphasis placed on WAE as well.

Bye

Ian

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 19/02/2019 08:04 by IanSmithISA.

Stuart L (IP Logged)
19 February, 2019 08:30
Possible options fir the team;

1. Bring Martin Whitmarsh in as a consultant. Hed be popular with sponsors, the pit lane, staff. Hed know new engineers to bring in.

2. Sell up to Ron Dennis. Think Rons moved on from F1, but how about a Williams/ Dennis JV. Ron brings new funds / equity, and drive after exit from McLaren.

3. Sell up to Audi or similar?

4. F1 as in Ross Brawn take steps to give some advice to the team around leadership, bring new shareholders to the table. I bet Ross Brawn could advise of a few new technical
Leaders who could help Williams.

5. Bring back Sam Michael (joke)

In all seriousness it feels to me that this is the end of Williams as we know it. I am not convinced Rokit is the most reliable solid sponsor and if they didnt or wouldnt pay the team would be on a knife edge.

It feels like massive new equity is required, big investment in the factory, people, drivers, and a platform to begin procuring some solid results.

For Williams should sell up now. They risk losing their entire wealth if the team folds.

Im just very sad its come to this.

Polemik (IP Logged)
19 February, 2019 09:02
According to motorsport-total.com, the car is in delay due to a problem with the brakes. Paddy allegedly offered his immediate resignation.

Gunk (IP Logged)
19 February, 2019 09:27
Quote:
Stuart L
Possible options for the team . . .

I like your thoughts, Stuart. It would appear that Williams can't solve the problems from within. I'm sure a consultancy in some form would be very positive.

Without any disrespect to Claire, she has only ever worked at Williams and only knows one business culture.

I'm not sure any kind of works team or acquisition will happen now. The manufacturers are piling in to Formula E. There was some talk of Porsche last year but they too are going electric. In any case, I don't believe Claire has any intention of selling anything, ever.

A closer co-operation with Mercedes could be helpful too . . . but talks about that fell through. Maybe Claire is too independent for her own good. Who knows. Certainly something has to change.

Polemik (IP Logged)
19 February, 2019 09:50
Interestingly, Paddy is silent. So far, he has not given any short public statement in which he would comment on things spread in the media ... because it does not good name to the team, sponsors, or him self.

Im therefore very curious about his statement...

ihme (IP Logged)
19 February, 2019 09:53
Quote:
Polemik
According to motorsport-total.com, the car is in delay due to a problem with the brakes. Paddy allegedly offered his immediate resignation.

Paddock rumors

The last days of Paddy in the team

Damon96 (IP Logged)
19 February, 2019 10:11
This does feel like the last days of the Sam Michael. However to lose every major engineering head in a year, not sure how we recover from that.

GPL (IP Logged)
19 February, 2019 11:29
We should know by the end of this week were Paddy future lies.

They will know within a few hours on track if he has designed a competitive car this time or not.

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 2 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net