Days
Hours
Minutes
Seconds

Current Page: 1 of 42
2nd Test. 2019.
GPL (IP Logged)
24 February, 2019 11:33
I hope you do not mind a new thread for the 2nd teat.

Well we have 4 days to get the 42 up to speed.

What final bits to the 42s package do we think are still missing guys.

Front nose/wing
Suspension final shaping
Barge boards
Floor
more guide vanes around the chassis.
engine cover
monkey seat
T Wing
Diffuser.

Just things that maybe i can see also thoughts from you guys and some experts thoughts.

What do you think.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 24/02/2019 11:35 by GPL.

Re: 2nd Test. 2019.
Williams-123 (IP Logged)
24 February, 2019 12:04
At the first test part of the front Suspension looked bulky at the top so maybe it will change and also the Diffuser looked very basic so maybe it will change too.

Andrew Hooper (IP Logged)
24 February, 2019 12:27
I am not so sure as to what they can change as not only do they have to do the testing but they have second car to build up plus a spare chassis and lot of spare parts for Australia.

Are they going to have time to do all that as well as applying updates to the car which they then have to build additional updates for the second car as well as spares.

The next couple of weeks is going to be very buy at Williams.

The second test maybe just a case of optimising what we currently have. Time will tell and the question will be answered at the next test.

Vancha (IP Logged)
24 February, 2019 13:44
Im looking forward for Barcelona performance. But not next week. 10-12 may. 2 not compromised cars, with upgrades.

Gwanni (IP Logged)
24 February, 2019 13:46
let us hope that tomorrow we do very good amount of laps and try some good interesting lap times.

GPL (IP Logged)
24 February, 2019 13:54
thumbs down

tomazy (IP Logged)
24 February, 2019 14:39
Quote:
Gwanni
let us hope that tomorrow we do very good amount of laps and try some good interesting lap times.
I think that test start on tuesday and not tomorrow unfirtunatly.

Gwanni (IP Logged)
24 February, 2019 15:01
sorry my bad, wanted to say Tuesday

Bond (IP Logged)
24 February, 2019 16:53
Quote:
Williams-123
At the first test part of the front Suspension looked bulky at the top so maybe it will change and also the Diffuser looked very basic so maybe it will change too.

Gary Anderson disagrees with you on the front suspension mounts:
[motorsport.tv]

Vancha (IP Logged)
24 February, 2019 21:12
Any news for new parts from Grove to Barcelona?

ihme (IP Logged)
24 February, 2019 21:15
26 Russell
27 Kubica
28 Russell
01 Kubica

Vancha (IP Logged)
24 February, 2019 21:23
Thursday 28 February

1500-1515 - Paddy Lowe - Open TV media - Rear of garage

1515-1525 - Paddy Lowe - Open print media (English language) - Team motorhome

Williams-123 (IP Logged)
25 February, 2019 00:52
Quote:
Bond
Quote:
Williams-123

[motorsport.tv]

Bond I just watched that video and Gary Anderson does not actually disagree with me he does not really comment on what I was talking about, he does not say bulky or not bulky at the top of suspension arm near front wheel (Sm129)(Sm129)(Sm129)

P.S. note:....Gary Anderson has a big gut...unhealthy looking body shape thumbs upthumbs upthumbs up

Williams-123 (IP Logged)
25 February, 2019 00:55
Gary Anderson's gut is massive....He looks pregnant....WTF (Sm2)

shriekback (IP Logged)
25 February, 2019 01:09
Quote:
Williams-123
Quote:
Bond
Quote:
Williams-123

[motorsport.tv]

Bond I just watched that video and Gary Anderson does not actually disagree with me he does not really comment on what I was talking about, he does not say bulky or not bulky at the top of suspension arm near front wheel (Sm129)(Sm129)(Sm129)

P.S. note:....Gary Anderson has a big gut...unhealthy looking body shape thumbs upthumbs upthumbs up

I think Anderson does disagree with you inasmuch as he suggests that Williams have taken a different approach to the front suspension than have other teams, one he "believes in" but which may be ruled illegal because the bulky part you are referring to may have too much flex in it. Clearly, though he does not use the term "bulky" (word choice not really being the issue), he indicates that it is an intentional and essential aspect of the design. Unless they change approach to the design in general, I don't think they can remove the bulkiness you are concerned about. The other bits are wider, but that is clearly also intended as part of an effort to gain some downforce.

The whole approach to the front suspension may prove misguided (or advantageous), but I would not expect any larger changes to it prior to significant on-track testing.

Gunk (IP Logged)
25 February, 2019 02:06
I think we're just looking for steady progress and some indication that they understand the car. (For a change.)

A slow start will neither surprise nor bother me unduly. Force India almost always start behind the curve, usually due to shortage of cash, but then end up best of the rest.

Sauber had a pretty poor start as well last year, while McLaren racked up loads of points in the first few races.

dot_com (IP Logged)
25 February, 2019 03:19
So no running at all for Latifi in pre season testing? That’s pretty surprising.

AlanJones (IP Logged)
25 February, 2019 05:05
I think we should not get overly enthusiastic on bringing various new parts already. Me thinks it will be Melbourne untill we see the final 42. So where suspect some changes, I do not think it will be a complete overhaul with other bargeboards or even the monkeyseat. If so, then I'm truly surprised.

http://oi60.tinypic.com/24eyh6f.jpg

GPL (IP Logged)
25 February, 2019 08:29
No not saying that really, only want to see the car as it has been designed and not
with some of the parts still off the 41.

I like the look of the new car much more than i did the 41 i just think it needs a
little fine tuning here and there.

We should know a little bit more on what it can do Tuesday if we can get some good
running.

Tuesday 1:20s

Wednesday 1:19s

Thursday 1:18s

Friday 1:17s 1:16s.

If we can maybe see these then i think i and the team will feel optimistic for this season.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 25/02/2019 12:28 by GPL.

Stuart L (IP Logged)
25 February, 2019 09:37
Normal practice is to bring the second completed chassis for second test.

Hope Williams are doing that, and not just running the first one again.

Wonder if we will do set up /aero short runs till about 3pm then race distances fir reliability in the afternoon.

We could do with 150 laps a day here, and general good luck.

Think we will know tomorrow if we are adrift if the field or not.

Current Page: 1 of 42

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net