Days
Hours
Minutes
Seconds

Current Page: 30 of 42

Re: 2nd Test. 2019.
ihme (IP Logged)
28 February, 2019 17:26
George said that our aero isnt perfect but we've made a huge progress over the last two days and tomorrow we will take another big step.

28 February, 2019 17:31
When Pat Symons was in charge if I remember rightly we only turned the engine mode up once or twice during testing there wasn't much criticism then why now we are 2 days behind and it's only testing

100% Williams
WILL SUPPORT WILLIAMS AS LONG AS THEY HAVE A TEAM

GPL (IP Logged)
28 February, 2019 17:34
Quote:
ihme
George said that our aero isnt perfect but we've made a huge progress over the last two days and tomorrow we will take another big step.

What is this big step tomorrow then ???????????

ihme (IP Logged)
28 February, 2019 17:35
Quote:
GPL
Quote:
ihme

What is this big step tomorrow then ???????????

I think it means the continuation of our huge progress over the last few days.

nestreet (IP Logged)
28 February, 2019 17:38
I'm just pleased it sounds like we have a decent, drivable platform from which to develop the car. Last year the flaws were so fundamental that we were completely snookered. This year we are in the fight.

Mehryar (IP Logged)
28 February, 2019 17:44
The car is clearly a step forward...The problem is we are behind our schedule & maybe our competition has made an even bigger step ahead.

http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/1095/mehryarsigyo7.gif

Dylan's Together Through Life Hits The Stores.

Francesc (IP Logged)
28 February, 2019 18:28
4 seconds off the pace, WTF
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D0gfWfkW0AEYVuf.png
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D0gmQM0X0AYLIj8.png

Francesc (IP Logged)
28 February, 2019 18:33
Finally Russell concedes that we're off the pace.
Quote:

Paddy Lowe, Chief Technical Officer: It was another great day weather wise, and again a very ambitious programme with three segments. We ran some more aerodynamic measurements in the morning, this time with our very largest rake assembly. We spent the second part of the morning on qualifying practice, running four sets of new tyres at low fuel. In the afternoon we focused on a race simulation mixed with a range of tests which went generally to plan despite the red flag interruptions. Overall, we achieved some high mileage with great feedback from George, and we will be doing more of the same with Robert tomorrow.

George Russell: Im definitely very happy with the number of laps we have done, but at the end of the day it is all about the laptimes and we still have some time to find. We have made a big step from when I jumped in the car on Tuesday, after Robert was in the car yesterday, and hopefully when he jumps in the car tomorrow we will find another step. We understand the issues, we recognise that and are doing everything we can to rectify them. We have work to do but I am still very focused, motivated and I am very much looking forward to Australia.

Mehryar (IP Logged)
28 February, 2019 18:45
Yes just read that and I don't know how a driver can sound more negative after a pre season test.

GPL (IP Logged)
28 February, 2019 18:53
It was another great day weather wise, lol made me laugh.

Gwanni (IP Logged)
28 February, 2019 18:59
guys we know we have a giant mountain to climb, it never was an easy task. Hopefully there is a baseline that the team can develop and move forward. We will see where we will end up in the leaderboard. Disappointments are understandable at this stage, but hopefully, we can do something more than last year and try to climb up the ladder.

GPL (IP Logged)
28 February, 2019 19:01
Lap consistency is getting better yes agreed but so slow

Pace raw speed wise no change still slow no improvement worth talking about.

I bet when Robert finishes tomorrow we will still be at least 1.5 seconds away

maybe 2 seconds

Big boys might drop into the 15s tommorow if they feel like it.

Anderis (IP Logged)
28 February, 2019 19:07
Quote:
Myvatn
3 seconds gap on long runs compared to Mercedes and Ferrari would be almost the same as last year.

But without knowing fuel loads it is impossible to really tell.
3 seconds to Alfa Romeo it is.

And I don't think fuel loads differed significantly, it all looked like race sims.

Mikef1 (IP Logged)
28 February, 2019 19:13
If you actually look at the information from all team members I think this car is exactly what they expected. They're happy and positive and have all openly admitted it's not the fastest but they're happy with what they've built. I think this is a reason to be optimistic for the in season updates

Mikef1 (IP Logged)
28 February, 2019 19:20
On a side note. It's bloody depressing that Mercedes had a week 1 test car that's probably faster than our real car will ever be! That's what's wrong with this sport. They built a car for 4 days of running that is probably still in the top 4 cars on the grid

GPL (IP Logged)
i think i will keep my optimism in check for a while.

Anderis (IP Logged)
Quote:
Mikef1
They're happy and positive and have all openly admitted it's not the fastest but they're happy with what they've built.
Can you recall any occasion when team members openly admitted they were not where they had wanted to be before the season start? That's an honest question.

Mikef1 (IP Logged)
28 February, 2019 19:27
Quote:
Anderis
Quote:
Mikef1
They're happy and positive and have all openly admitted it's not the fastest but they're happy with what they've built.
Can you recall any occasion when team members openly admitted they were not where they had wanted to be before the season start? That's an honest question.

No but there is a big difference. The pretence is usually that the car isn't slow. I think this car hit all it's targets and Williams probably thought it would be enough. Most people after all have been surprised that these cars are clearly faster than last year, I bet most teams assumed other cars would be going backwards not forward.

ihme (IP Logged)
28 February, 2019 19:31
Quote:
Francesc
4 seconds off the pace, WTF
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D0gfWfkW0AEYVuf.png
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D0gmQM0X0AYLIj8.png

It's a little confusing. Yesterday Robert's pace on C3 was almost identical to what Bottas did today on C3. George's pace on C3 today makes me think that he was heavy on fuel.

C2 seems like a horrible tyre for us and we need to work on this because being ~4s off on this compound makes no sense to me.

Mehryar (IP Logged)
28 February, 2019 19:41
It's not confusing ihme.

If we were doing same times with a Mercedes on same compound, it only means they were extra heavy and we were extra light.There's absolutely no other meaning in it.

Current Page: 30 of 42

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net