Seconds

Current Page: 39 of 42
Re: 2nd Test. 2019.
ihme 01 March, 2019 19:50
Quote:
Mikef1
Quote:
ihme
So Mike, had we started testing on the day 1 last week, would we be out of running for the last 3 days of the 2nd test anyway?
edit: or it wouldnt happen because we would not compress our running so much and we would do less mileage each day?

Well if the team had hit the track on Monday it would have had a whole week to bring the spare parts which is achievable. So on say Wednesday the car on track would have had fresh suspension, wing etc etc. If they didn't have spare components then yes the car wouldn't be on track any more beyond Wednesday.

Interesting in Paddys statement that the wear on the components was enough to impact Russells runs too. I am ever an optimist and that suggests there are tenths to find just in optimal car parts alone.

I also had a chat with a guy who suggested that Williams' rear wing end plates were rushed out of the factory and not representative of what would be run in Australia because it would take days to add the additional aero they probably have planned in that area. Now this guy knows nothing inside info wise but his theory is sound and certainly a very likely scenario.

Yeah I always thought our rear wing looked fairly primitive.

Stu69 01 March, 2019 20:05
Well lots of data gathered and a couple of weeks to finalise the car with the.bits that weren’t ready! For a half baked car we did ok. I’m excited for the first weekend although I just dumped SkyF1 so I will be watching a hooky version on Amazon in German probably!!

GPL 01 March, 2019 20:09
That,s a nice post but an unrealistic conclusion.

The best i see is mixing in the rear of the midfield 7th best team if we are lucky.

that is after what we have heard and seen this week from all the teams.

Mikef1 01 March, 2019 20:15
Quote:
GPL
That,s a nice post but an unrealistic conclusion.
The best i see is mixing in the rear of the midfield 7th best team if we are lucky.

that is after what we have heard and seen this week from all the teams.

All things considered I'd be happy if they weren't 19th and 20th initially. George's best lap was 5 tenths slower than the next worst which is a bigger gap than I'm happy with. But we don't really know how much is missing

Gunk 01 March, 2019 20:48
Quote:
williams4284

It's really showing that the axing of Pat Symonds was suicidal.

Except that, he basically built the same car every year and the concept was rapidly becoming outdated as Mercedes superiority diminished.

Also, the issues with that car were becoming a bigger disadvantage each year: it only worked on some tracks, on some surfaces and in the dry.

It's also clear that the success masked many of the problems at Williams: the grunt and reliability of the Merc made up for any shortcomings in aero and concerns weren't addressed. In 2016, Pat spent all the money on the new front wing and nose and noted that it 'made no difference whatsoever'.

It's impossible to say whether Pat would have been any more or less successful than Paddy at the moment. We had both very good and very bad cars from Sam and Mike in successive years.

ihme 01 March, 2019 20:54
So it seems like todays rumor that we couldnt ride the kerbs because we risk damaging the car might've been true after all.

Williams-123 01 March, 2019 21:26
Quote:
williams4284
when it started like this for us, it never ended well.
How I miss the end of 2014 testing when we had the best time out of everyone. Seems so long ago.

I will tell you what was suicidal.......Letting Adrian Newey go.......Now that was suicidal (Sm80)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/03/2019 21:29 by Williams-123.

j-s 01 March, 2019 21:33
And embarrassing end to an embarrassing week.

I think the team needs an operations guru before they think of replacing the designer or TD. What's the use of having a nice good desing if they can't get their @#$%& together to actually build it.

Rosberg 01 March, 2019 22:09
Quote:
Williams-123
Quote:
williams4284
How I miss the end of 2014 testing when we had the best time out of everyone. Seems so long ago.

I will tell you what was suicidal.......Letting Adrian Newey go.......Now that was suicidal (Sm80)

Last time I mentioned that on this forum, no one agreed with me but I maintained that was the worst mistake Frank ever made and he had no one else to blame but himself. Adrian Newey was irreplaceable.

Gwanni 01 March, 2019 22:12
[www.motorsport.com]

Kubica words more detail

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/03/2019 22:13 by Gwanni.

Williams-123 01 March, 2019 22:19
Quote:
Rosberg
Quote:
Williams-123
Quote:
williams4284

Last time I mentioned that on this forum, no one agreed with me but I maintained that was the worst mistake Frank ever made and he had no one else to blame but himself. Adrian Newey was irreplaceable.

I agree with you.

speed 01 March, 2019 22:21
Well, at least i got one thing right. We didn't go below 1:18s today.

phatjack 01 March, 2019 22:21
Quote:
Rosberg
Quote:
Williams-123
Quote:
williams4284

Did Adrian have any input in the FW19? I don't if he left to join McLaren prior to it hitting the design tables.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/03/2019 22:23 by phatjack.

ihme 01 March, 2019 22:25
https://www.wykop.pl/cdn/c3201142/comment_y7CZU8kvQxXM1nJWKrj0Av2dKea6ZrBp.jpg

Anderis 01 March, 2019 22:28
Quote:
ihme
https://www.wykop.pl/cdn/c3201142/comment_y7CZU8kvQxXM1nJWKrj0Av2dKea6ZrBp.jpg
Either the top teams sandbagged or the grid will be a lot closer this season. I hope for the latter.

Rosberg 01 March, 2019 22:30
Quote:
phatjack
Quote:
Rosberg
Quote:
Williams-123
Quote:
williams4284

Did Adrian have any input in the FW19? I don't if he left to join McLaren prior to it hitting the design tables.

yes, the FW19 was the last Williams designed by Adrian Newey, he left at the end of 1996. Williams hasn't won any championship after the FW19.

Why I said it was the worst mistake by Frank? Look at how much effort Ron Dennis put in to keep Adrian at McLaren? Similarly, What extent Red Bull did to keep him happy at Red BUll - they knew how important Adrian is to their teaams. But Frank literally invited Adrian to leave with the treatments he got here. (Sm102)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/03/2019 22:35 by Rosberg.

phatjack 01 March, 2019 23:03
Quote:
Rosberg
Quote:
phatjack
Quote:
Rosberg
Quote:
Williams-123
Quote:
williams4284

yes, the FW19 was the last Williams designed by Adrian Newey, he left at the end of 1996. Williams hasn't won any championship after the FW19.

Why I said it was the worst mistake by Frank? Look at how much effort Ron Dennis put in to keep Adrian at McLaren? Similarly, What extent Red Bull did to keep him happy at Red BUll - they knew how important Adrian is to their teaams. But Frank literally invited Adrian to leave with the treatments he got here. (Sm102)

Unless you have something to back your statements

Quote:
The car was a logical development of the extremely successful FW18, which had comfortably won both titles in 1996. It was also the last Williams chassis to receive input from designer Adrian Newey

Rosberg 01 March, 2019 23:19
Quote:
phatjack
Quote:
Rosberg
Quote:
phatjack
Quote:
Rosberg
Quote:
Williams-123
Quote:
williams4284

Unless you have something to back your statements

Quote:
The car was a logical development of the extremely successful FW18, which had comfortably won both titles in 1996. It was also the last Williams chassis to receive input from designer Adrian Newey

Not sure if I read you correctly, if you are looking for statement to backup my claim that FW19 was the last Williams car designed by Newey, this is an excerpt from Maurice Hamilton's book on Williams (p..296)

Quote from Adrian Newey himself: "I felt guilty about not coming in, but, having said that, it was December and the design of the FW19 was done. It wouldn't have made much difference whether I'd left in December, January or February...…."

Williams-123 02 March, 2019 00:23
All those years ago Letting Adrian Newey go from Williams was a massive mistake. You just have to look at Red Bull chassis since Newey has been at Red Bull...The man is a genius and sadly Williams let him go....(Sm17)

Williams-123 02 March, 2019 00:33
I would even say that Williams would have won the 2014 WDC & WCC if they had an Adrian Newey designed chassis...the 2014 Williams engine was awesome but the chassis was not good enough to win with Newey at Williams in 2013 2014 Williams would have won.

Current Page: 39 of 42

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net