Hours
Minutes
Seconds

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011Next
Current Page: 10 of 11

Re: Paddy take a leave of absense!
Vancha (IP Logged)
15 March, 2019 22:05
On this day 2 years ago /16.03.2017/ Paddy joins Williams.

I was sooo happy!

wat a jerk

Stu69 (IP Logged)
15 March, 2019 22:29
So how much will it cost to get fully rid of Paddy?

Albi-Quin (IP Logged)
15 March, 2019 22:33
Hop fully @#$%& all. If he was the cause of the problem.

Williams-123 (IP Logged)
16 March, 2019 01:51
A lot of people here were happy and excited when Paddy joined Williams but I never was,I never rated Paddy from day one at Williams.

All Williams fans here never knew he was no good when he first joined the Williams team but I did.

I remember saying some negative stuff about Paddy on here when he first joined the team and I got bagged out for saying negative stuff against Paddy.

Now when you look back on it, it looks like I was right.

K1 (IP Logged)
16 March, 2019 04:56
I do find all of this argy bargy about Paddy Lowe rather humourous. People posting here are literally bystanders when it comes to actually knowing what happens or has happened in a case like this.Just remember one thing...all the Williams management including the board were happy to engage the services of Paddy Lowe. Think carefully about that.I was quite happy to see him on board as he has an impressive CV. That,and the fact that his reason for leaving Mercedes was well documented...and it wasn't anything to do with his engineering acumen or so we were led to believe.

As i have said before....i do believe that there's more to this than just a late delivery.

rpralon (IP Logged)
16 March, 2019 16:09
It´s time to start to think bring back Pat Simmonds. Even the confuse Sam Michael did a better job. The fragile 2006 car was a rocket compared to the current. This technical crew seems totally lost and disorganized.. Williams still have the best F1 engine and the current pace is simply ridiculus.

Gunk (IP Logged)
16 March, 2019 19:10
Quote:
K1
I do find all of this argy bargy about Paddy Lowe rather humourous. People posting here are literally bystanders when it comes to actually knowing what happens or has happened in a case like this.Just remember one thing...all the Williams management including the board were happy to engage the services of Paddy Lowe. Think carefully about that.I was quite happy to see him on board as he has an impressive CV. That,and the fact that his reason for leaving Mercedes was well documented...and it wasn't anything to do with his engineering acumen or so we were led to believe.
As i have said before....i do believe that there's more to this than just a late delivery.

Of course.

I am equally surprised that sections of the media can publish such character assassinations.

There is a lot about Paddy here that, quite without supporting facts, is frankly libellous.

Anderis (IP Logged)
16 March, 2019 19:34
Quote:
rpralon
Williams still have the best F1 engine and the current pace is simply ridiculus.
I'm not sure if Mercedes is a better engine than Ferrari anymore. 5 Ferrari-powered cars qualified ahead of 3rd best Mercedes-powered car today. And Ferrari fared very well against Mercedes on power tracks last year already.

Stu69 (IP Logged)
16 March, 2019 19:39
Quote:
Albi-Quin
Hop fully @#$%& all. If he was the cause of the problem.

Saward was quoting massive penalty clauses if this exact thing happened!! ££££££££££

tedsouf (IP Logged)
18 March, 2019 10:58
Here is a link about Paddy's first comments when he was to join the team. Pay attention to the following:

''The process is the same and there are undoubtedly things here at Williams that are much better than they have in Mercedes already.''
[in.motorsport.com]

Conflicting a bit with his later commnets of the team having serious issues on every area possible and a complete overhaul of all the proceces is required.
Thing is that he took a team that even with all the problems he claimed he identified, finished 3rd twice and 5th twice in the 4 previous years..
Look at were we are now..
So are things at Williams as rotten as Paddy made us believe or Paddy is solely to blame?
Hard to tell from a couch expert point of view, but i'm hoping for the latter.

j-s (IP Logged)
18 March, 2019 17:42
Paddy cannot be the only problem. It's an impossible scenario where the TD, by himself, can so thoroughly and devastatingly affect the final outcome. Impossible.

For Paddy to be solely to blame would mean that the rest of the team are clueless, lazy yes-men. That is a contradiction in itself.

an.jo (IP Logged)
18 March, 2019 18:04
Quote:
j-s
Paddy cannot be the only problem. It's an impossible scenario where the TD, by himself, can so thoroughly and devastatingly affect the final outcome. Impossible.

Perhaps this will change your mind: "The role of the technical director"

Damon96 (IP Logged)
18 March, 2019 18:11
But if you take the Mclaren situation, he overruled the opinion of Newey and stuck with a fundamentally flawed car that impacted two seasons. So if he did the same with us and insisted the team needed to fix or improve rather than substantially change the design he could have caused a lot of this.

We don't know what has happened but heads of engineering hold the resource budget and direction. If he pushed the team in a certain way, a function can't just go off and do their own thing. We'll probably never know unless someone like Smedley writes a book on his career and gives some insight to what has happened.

GroveF1 (IP Logged)
18 March, 2019 18:31
... maybe Paddy's signing a book deal as we speak 😉

Francesc (IP Logged)
18 March, 2019 18:43
I've just read on Twitter that Mike O'Driscoll is on a $4.2 million annual salary. I find this really out of proportion and a waste of money for a rear of the grid team like us. And what does this man exactly do? Nobody really knows I think...

18 March, 2019 18:52
Quote:
Francesc
I've just read on Twitter that Mike O'Driscoll is on a $4.2 million annual salary. I find this really out of proportion and a waste of money for a rear of the grid team like us. And what does this man exactly do? Nobody really knows I think...
I read that to also saying the fans calling for Claire to go but he slips under the radar with a massive salary since 2013

100% Williams
WILL SUPPORT WILLIAMS AS LONG AS THEY HAVE A TEAM

j-s (IP Logged)
18 March, 2019 19:06
Quote:
an.jo
Quote:
j-s

It doesn't.

TD may be ultimately responsible, but he's not solely responsible. There is a difference.

GroveF1 (IP Logged)
18 March, 2019 20:20
Quote:
j-s
Quote:
an.jo
Quote:
j-s

It doesn't.

TD may be ultimately responsible, but he's not solely responsible. There is a difference.

But Sam Michael and others since have failed to produce a race winning/ competitive cor. Ed Wood/ Gavin Fisher/ Geoff Willis/ Dirk De Beer - you name it - have also not managed to produce a winner

Chief Designer/ Chief Aerodynamicist or TD all 3 top positions have been an issue and I think this is a William's culture problem.

Personally, the next signing needs to be a winner - we are currently rudderless in the technical department. We still have no direct replacement for either Paddy nor Rob and unless Dickie Stanford wants to come back to the race team to help operationally I fear for Willisms' future.

We were far too stretched at the top with Paddy there and I don't think Claire and Frank see this - same when Sam Michael Wass in charge. Just seems to be this "privateer from the 80s can still win on limited staff" mentality"

an.jo (IP Logged)
18 March, 2019 20:33
Quote:
j-s
Quote:
an.jo
Quote:
j-s

It doesn't.

It was your "impossible" I was referencing, and it shouldn't take long into reading that article to understand how the TD controls the direction of development and the allocation of resources and thus realize it's quite possible for a TD to be responsible for a fundamentally flawed (twice in a row) car. This paragraph alone, assuming it is an accurate description of the TD's responsibilities, means it's not impossible:

Quote:
Aerodynamics is where the majority of the on-track performance of a race car comes from, so ensuring that development targets are correctly laid out, resources are in place and the staff are able to deliver is another crucial part of the job.

What if Lowe failed to ensure that development targets were correctly laid out, the resources were not in place for those targets or the staff assembled were not able to deliver? It's possible Lowe is taking the fall for a larger failure, but it's also possible that he deserved to fall. In my view, he got a mulligan for the fundamentally flawed FW41. But he couldn't even get the fundamentally flawed FW42 ready in time for testing, which is a major part of his job. That suggests to me that he was a disaster and more than possibly by himself, given his responsibilites as TD, "thoroughly and devastatingly affect[ed] the final outcome."

phatjack (IP Logged)
18 March, 2019 22:17
A fish rots from the head down ... a TD is only as good as the management that surrounds him.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011Next
Current Page: 10 of 11

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net