Seconds

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011
Current Page: 11 of 11

Re: Paddy take a leave of absense!
Greg_OR (IP Logged)
18 March, 2019 22:40
Quote:
phatjack
A fish rots from the head down ... a TD is only as good as the management that surrounds him.
Paddy was the head, technical one, FW41 was not@#$%&because of budget collapse but for technical reasons. Miscalculated wind tunnel readings - De Beer out, overall instability and cooling issues - Wood out, next year fundamental problem, mess at factory, not delivering car at time - Paddys fishy head rolling smiling smiley simple as it is.

j-s (IP Logged)
18 March, 2019 23:14
An.jo, I'm not defending Paddy. His record at Williams is beyond bad. He is and should be kicked out. But he is not the only one responsible for it. It's unreasonable to place all blame on him.

Andrew Hooper (IP Logged)
19 March, 2019 05:18
I wonder how much of a part he played in seeing the other design staff leave Williams which only helped to make the situation worse.

CLOVERLEAF 888 (IP Logged)
19 March, 2019 05:47
Is it a case that paddy has always had better people around him so he never got shown up. Was Williams the first time he had to lead on his own?

erratic (IP Logged)
19 March, 2019 05:48
The TD shapes the philosophy of the car, I wonder how much influence De Beer and others had on that, and if they were following an approach which they deemed to be sub par, it would be inevitable that they part ways.

Guesswork I suppose, but given the relative pace of the two PL cars, it seems Williams backed the wrong horse in any behind the scenes battles.

Too lat to bring back De Beer and give him another shot at it?

alborak (IP Logged)
19 March, 2019 14:54
So Ed Wood suddenly became incompetent after 12 years? De Beer also?

I'm sorry, but I don't buy that at all. Demoralised, demotivated and dispirited by new leadership I can buy.

Just as importantly, I can see it quite feasible that there be a structure at Williams simply out of step with modern F1. The Chief Designer seems to have run the design office, the TD was managing process, there was also a CEO of the F1 team, and back in the day you had Patrick Head atop the lot. Which one person "owns" the car?

Such a structure looks like a professional engineering business, not a winning race team.

Perhaps Paddy broke all the eggs, too fast, and didn't get them back together again in time to deliver a viable car?

j-s (IP Logged)
19 March, 2019 15:30
I wonder how a fundamental flaw can be discovered only when the car is out on track. Many things have to fail in order for that to happen. Wind tunnel and CFD are probably the main culprits. But I have no idea, obviously.

It's incredible how we've had a slower car two years running. I've never seen that before.

At this point, the team needs to prioritize the long list of item it needs to improve. Start with a TD and move down. It's not resources and infrastructure that fails at Williams, it's people. So probably a new org chart would come in handy before they start.

Nothing (and everything) to lose at this point. Williams needs a massive shakeup.

GroveF1 (IP Logged)
19 March, 2019 15:40
A massive shake up I agree j-s..... Problem is I would have said that 2 years ago also

j-s (IP Logged)
19 March, 2019 16:34
Quote:
GroveF1
A massive shake up I agree j-s..... Problem is I would have said that 2 years ago also

Indeed. We actually had one when paddy came in... Just not the one we needed. At all.

CLOVERLEAF 888 (IP Logged)
19 March, 2019 16:37
problem with Williams is every time someone new comes in we have a restructure.. result = not much changes we find outa few years later and the team is still badly lacking.

Its time to admit we don't have the right people or expertise as a team and not just at the top... for modern F1

tedsouf (IP Logged)
10 April, 2019 12:01
Pretty much sums it up :
[www.grandprix247.com]

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011
Current Page: 11 of 11

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net